Altering a grade, post Davinci using metadata

Started by thomas.stockwell, August 18, 2013, 08:38:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thomas.stockwell

At the moment, im going raw>DNG>davinci>premiere.

Now lets say ive done my edit, but my coloring is off, or for some reason i want to change the whole look of the film.

Is there a way to easily change the grade (metadata?) without having to go back to davinci and re export and then bring it into premiere.

Can i re edit in davinci (or lightroom, for those using lightroom>image sequence in premiere) and link it to premiere? or can you save the metadata so it links to the footage?

Midphase

Not sure what you mean by "metadata" from Resolve. When you export from Resolve, you're processing the footage to have a certain look, no metadata included or required.

What you can do is either not color grade in Resolve at all and just export as flat as possible, and then add a basic grade in Premiere using something like the Fast Color Grade or other real-time plugin, or export your proxy footage with a certain look, do your edit, and then go back into Resolve and grade the final product.

chmee

@thomas you import your footage into Resolve, do some basic corrections, go to premiere via xml, cut and edit, then jump back to resolve to do your final look. it's named Roundtrip.

regards chmee
[size=2]phreekz * blog * twitter[/size]