Intervalometer issue?

Started by dp_ice, August 22, 2013, 06:53:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dp_ice

I'm having some trouble when using the intervalometer. Currently using a 6D with latest build. Here's my problem;

-I set my shutter to 30" and go into the magiclantern menu.
-I turn intervalometer on: take pic every 4s, start after 5s.
-Takes first photo fine at 30"
-4s later it seems to readjust the exposure and automatically adjusts the shutter speed higher?

How can I get that to not happen? I want it to continually take 30" exposures, 4s apart.
Thanks!

dp_ice

You know what, may have figured it out myself. All I do is just put it in bulb mode and set the bulb timer to 30". It's a work around, but if anyone has an answer to my original question, that would be great!

SDX

In order to get 30 seconds exposures with 4 seconds delay you'll have to set the intervalometer to 34 seconds. Should make sense.
It starts to count as soon as it starts the exposure. Otherwise, it would be impossible to time the length of eg. a timelapse and people would get very confused :P

dp_ice

Ah yes, that makes sense now! Thank you!

xNiNELiVES

How would this work with exposures under 1 second or not a whole number? I'm shooting 1/1000 of a second of so and from delays (I believe) my camera has a delay after a certain amount of photos. After this delay the camera takes 2 photos. I doubt it's my write speed as I an using a komputerbay 1000x CF card...

These double photos occur at five second intervals but at six second intervals it seems that this issue has been alleviated...

xNiNELiVES

garry23

Trying to understand your 'problem' as when I use the ML timelapse function it simply works.

That is I personally use A-ETTR to set my exposure, assuming I'm doing a single exposure timelapse and not attempting holy grail adjustments.

Then I the timelapse section I select what I needs, ie any start delay, the interval time and the number of images to capture.

It just works!