Magic Lantern RAW - 1.2.0 [Windows, Linux, Mac]

Started by TheUnkn0wn, August 22, 2013, 05:02:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RenatoPhoto

Quote from: TheUnkn0wn on September 01, 2013, 08:31:02 PM
- 16-bit TIF
- Fixed colour issues

I will try to add support for MLV when it get merged.

Tested on Windows 7 64bits without any problems.

I have two questions since I have not used this before but it could speed up my process.

How is the White Balance and Tint adjusted?  I am having a hard time adjusting in tiff.  I usually use ACR auto feature for WB and is very accurate!!
The TIFF have been exported with the standard 25 sharpening which is not good since I get lots of aliasing.  Can they be exported at 0 sharpening?
http://www.pululahuahostal.com  |  EF 300 f/4, EF 100-400 L, EF 180 L, EF-S 10-22, Samyang 14mm, Sigma 28mm EX DG, Sigma 8mm 1:3.5 EX DG, EF 50mm 1:1.8 II, EF 1.4X II, Kenko C-AF 2X

swinxx

when i compare son of a batch dngs and magic lantern raw 1.2 dngs the dng looks really different. like there is not so much black information in yours.
the tiff option looks really bad with my raw file.

here is the link of the testfiles

thx for your effort.
sw

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wtzx0dgimdqqpca/RJtAYZsa22

TheUnkn0wn

The TIF images do look like they loose quality, this is due to the rendering done by the Adobe SDK. I'd stick to using DNG's. The DNG's shouldn't be different if Force Linear is UNTICKED.

swinxx

if you compare the dngs you will see that the wb and some black intensity looks different..
perhaps its just me but the son of a batch dng looks more neutral/correct)

i have not corrected anything in cameraraw.. just compared the images with no settings applied..

TheUnkn0wn

Magic Lantern RAW doesn't change any of the settings, you should get the exact same image using RAW2DNG. Son of Batch must be changing the settings.

chmee

Quote from: RenatoPhoto on September 01, 2013, 09:24:15 PM
How is the White Balance and Tint adjusted?  I am having a hard time adjusting in tiff.  I usually use ACR auto feature for WB and is very accurate!!
Did you try the cr2-option in raw2cdng1.3.0? It just takes the raw_measured-data from a photo made right before the video. The auto-Setting in ACR is very pleasing, but i wouldnt call it accurate - on the other hand the wb-measuring in the canon-bodies is not that accurate as well.

regards chmee
[size=2]phreekz * blog * twitter[/size]

3pointedit

using 1.2 I processed an ml RAW first as a DNG sequence (works fine), then as a TIF sequence. The (2nd) TIF pass produced only black frames.
I restarted the app and it created TIFs correctly as a first pass.

I loaded the TIF image in Irfanview and noticed that the color count is 16.7 million for both 8 bit and 16 bit. Why would there be additional color information in the 16 bit file?

Great little app BTW, It's really useful for me to test RAW.
550D on ML-roids

togg

But sometimes it simply didn't works. I choose the raw files and nothing happens.

prabhath.mp

Hi Team,

In Ubuntu 13.10 the problem got fixed after I installed Wine application.

Cheers,
Prabhath MP
Knowledge enhances by sharing!
Every moment is a new learning experience!!
I use:-Camera: Canon 550D/T2i  Lens: Canon 50mm 1.8 II ; Canon kit (18-55 non IS) ; 55-250 EFS IS ; Macro converter tubes with AF.

nigel

Looks great. I guess its time for me to update my workflow

togg

Is there someone who has the skills to understand why it doesn't work on mac? :(

mrnv45

Quote from: togg on October 12, 2013, 01:33:20 AM
Is there someone who has the skills to understand why it doesn't work on mac? :(

Have u tried RAWmagic?  Its fast on Mac.  And u can. Drag and drop from card

togg

I've stopped using it since Resolve was updated with normal dng support :(

Haliburton

Thanks, toog - that's exactly what I was looking to find out: do I need to figure out how to use raw2cdng on a Mac (it's Windows-only, I understand?)

If I can use the latest, free, Resolve Lite on regular DNGs, that's super :)

Quote from: togg on October 13, 2013, 02:19:35 AM
I've stopped using it since Resolve was updated with normal dng support :(

togg

Quote from: Haliburton on October 31, 2013, 04:04:54 AM
Thanks, toog - that's exactly what I was looking to find out: do I need to figure out how to use raw2cdng on a Mac (it's Windows-only, I understand?)

If I can use the latest, free, Resolve Lite on regular DNGs, that's super :)

You can, the problem is that RawMagic allow to convert spanned files directly, support drag&drop ecc. The down side is that cdng take more space and that RawMagic doesn't use neither all the cpu power. But since this app doesn't work for me :(

chmee

you have to differentiate the three main cdng-converters:

this one in this thread
Raw Magic for Mac
raw2cdng for Win

You'll find all apps here -> http://magiclantern.wikia.com/wiki/RAW_Video
[size=2]phreekz * blog * twitter[/size]

dogmydog

Quote from: Midphase on August 22, 2013, 10:07:47 AM
Any chance of .mlv format being implemented with this?   ;D

+1
I really wish RAWBatchelor would support MLV as well
Opposite of Sex
www.oppositeofsex.com
Canon 50D, 60D and 7D

arturochu

Chu

theGscott

Everytime I try to drag and drop my .raw files (on 3 different computers) nothing happens. I only see a window flash for a split second but that's it. Any idea as to why I can't convert my files? I have tried BATCHelor and one other but nothing happens with those converters either.

rkonrad

I'm using the Linux .elf binary and get a window with almost invisibly small fonts.  Any ideas?  I'm using Mint 16 with xfce.  See screenshot. https://www.flickr.com/photos/rkonrad/sets/72157643442514593/  Thanks!

rosteu

Hi everybody,

I'm having trouble opening some raw-files as in some earlier comments. All the files that won't open have been larger than ~1GB. I can open them without problems in other similar programs, but Magic Lantern RAW suits my workflow best, so I would like to use it...
I'm using the latest ML-build on a 6D and running ML RAW 1.2.0 on OS X 10.9.2

Any suggestions greatly appreciated!!

charcole

Having a similar problem - I open it up, chose my DNG output and click PROCESS then chose my .RAW file, but then nothing happens. Tried opening the .RAW file with the program as well, but no dice.
Any advice? Am I just being a fool and doing it the wrong way?

Thanks a bunch

windh

Virus detected on the Windows .zip..  So that sucks.

Walter Schulz

I checked the file in virustotal.com which used 55 different virus detection programs/routines.
"Comodo" was the only one detecting malware on this very file.
I'm quite convinced your scanner just made a false alarm. Send the file to their support for analysis.