Magic Lantern RAW - 1.2.0 [Windows, Linux, Mac]

Started by TheUnkn0wn, August 22, 2013, 05:02:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

arrinkiiii

Strange it is  :-[   

First version work good with color but scramble the video in after effects. The last version give's me strange color but good playback video in after effects.

What you think it should be the problem?

Edit: Something must be wrong...  In the beginning i thought that was my pc but two different versions one computer, one good colors other bad and the opposite for playback in after effects.

I have uploaded the file from first versions and last version in my dropbox

1%

wheezl

Quote from: TheUnkn0wn on August 23, 2013, 03:41:28 PM
The thing is, I haven't actually changed any of the image processing stuff, I've just changed the way it creates the threads to process the image AND I also cant reproduce the problem on my PC. Your files are fine when I make them.

I was hoping it might be related to the fact that both arrinkiiii and I have the 7D.  But if it works fine on your machine that would be ruled out.

arrinkiiii

Quote from: wheezl on August 23, 2013, 04:41:29 PM
I was hoping it might be related to the fact that both arrinkiiii and I have the 7D.  But if it works fine on your machine that would be ruled out.

Its possible. But first version work good in colors but playing scramble in after effects and last version is the opposite. raw2dng work good also, in colors and in playback.

Edit:
Im in a windows 7 64bits im going try the same raw file in 32bits

Re-Edit:
Different computer, also windows 7 but 32bits

With the last version it's the same with colors, strange colors it give's me.

John Kesl

Hi UnKnown,
so i just tried 1.1.3 for mac and it works like a charm. seems a little faster then 1.1.1 also the DNG with linear uncompressed looks fantastic. also 6.5 MB file, very nice. I have no bugs for you as of yet. But I can mention that the XML seems to be stripped or not carried on because Dimensions aren't transposed to the created files. ( I also like the tiff out option for speedy outputs to Dav Resolove) thanks a lot. Have you considered some sort of file browser? something like RAWmagic? I am asking only to see if you've considered it. I've got NO programming chops so I don't know if it's easy or hard. But, i would still suggest some form of thumbnail preview. (it would make your app the cream of the crop Honestly, because your output seems to mine eyes cleaner than RAWmagic) does your app span files ****.RAW, *****.R00 or do we have to cat them in terminal first? I don't have any spanned files on my drives to try)
Keep up the fantastic development.

pavelpp

dariSSight

Quote from: wheezl on August 23, 2013, 11:20:48 AM
I just started it and it worked.  What error did you get when you tried to start it ?

When I click on it, nothing happens it doesn't open up.
Canon 5D Mark II

arrinkiiii

Quote from: wheezl on August 23, 2013, 04:41:29 PM

Did you already try the new version?  1.1.3  it's working good for me   :D

deleted.account

Buffer oveflows on every version to date on Linux, Ubuntu 64bit 13.04

App fires up ok, terminal shows the usual raw2DNG info about frame size, frame rate, number of frames etc and everything works in the GUI, like browsing to output folder etc, until I hit the PROCESS button, then crashes with either DNG or Tif output chosen.

3pointedit

550D on ML-roids

pavelpp

deleted.account

But this uses DNG SDK for the very reason dcraw has problems with 600D & 650D as OP says?

But yes dcraw -4 -T exports 16bit linear tif

escho

Linux OpenSuse 12.3, EOS600D, ML latest ,Magic Lantern RAW - 1.1.3

I can start the program. But if I open a RAW-file,  it crashes with a sigsegfault:

edgar@linux-dfco:~/Downloads> ./mlr.elf
Speicherzugriffsfehler

Edgar
https://sternenkarten.com/
600D, 6D, openSUSE Tumbleweed

swinxx

I have tried it on mac 10.8
The app opens up. Nothing more..
No conversion, nothing. Just opens up.
??

frenchps49

Works for me on 10.8 but picky  about what you decompress the archive with.

togg

Quote from: ewinemiller on August 23, 2013, 12:54:21 AM
On Mac click process button, select RAW file from dialog, nothing happens.

Same here. I'm using 1.1.3, 10.8.4 Mountain Lion, 5D II.

mageye

Me too 10.8.4 and 5DMKII

EDIT: Let me correct what I put there:

What I meant is that mine is working and that is Mountain Lion 10.8.4, Magic Lantern RAW v1.1.3 with the 5DMKII
5DMKII | 500D | KOMPUTERBAY 32GB Professional 1000x |Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II | Samyang 35mm f/1.4 ED AS UMC | Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III | Zoom H2 (4CH. audio recorder) | Mac OS X 10.9.2 | Photoshop CC | After Effects CC | Final Cut Pro 7

togg

Quote from: mageye on August 25, 2013, 02:35:09 PM
Me too 10.8.4 and 5DMKII

We have to see if the people with mac who can make it work are using a 5d ii.

3pointedit

550D on ML-roids

TheUnkn0wn

Quote from: 3pointedit on August 26, 2013, 02:17:23 AM
Any chance of a 16bit tif option?

sure, I'm on holiday at the moment (in New York) so I'll have to fix all these bus when I get back (30th)

arrinkiiii

This wonderful app will have multi load of raw files? Also with automatic output folder for each raw file/dng sequence?

Have a blast in the big apple  8)  ...and cam back fast and safe  ;D

Francis Frenkel

Quote from: arrinkiiii on August 26, 2013, 06:43:18 AM
This wonderful app will have multi load of raw files? Also with automatic output folder for each raw file/dng sequence?

Yess yess Multi load and direct folder, would be more than great : "formidable" !

Francis
Francis Frenkel
www.ffrenkel.com

TheUnkn0wn

- 16-bit TIF
- Fixed colour issues

I will try to add support for MLV when it get merged.

deleted.account

Crash with Buffer Overflow on Linux Ubuntu 13.04 64bit:

Processing Frames...

1/469
*** buffer overflow detected ***: ./unknown terminated
======= Backtrace: =========
/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libc.so.6(__fortify_fail+0x63)[0xf73ddbc3]
/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libc.so.6(+0x10593a)[0xf73dc93a].............. etc etc etc
f7755000-f775e000 r-xp 00000000 08:01 17957736                           /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libXcursor.so.1.0.2Aborted