Magic Lantern RAW - 1.2.0 [Windows, Linux, Mac]

Started by TheUnkn0wn, August 22, 2013, 05:02:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheUnkn0wn

Quote from: arrinkiiii on August 23, 2013, 12:43:18 AM
Test ML Raw in Canon 7D in Win7 64bits

Version 1.0.0

Work good in all options. With Force Linear checked it give's me some purple fringe but give's me more big files. More quality with Force Linear?

Version 1.1.0

Work good in all options. But in the dng's all the colors acts strange. The dng's look like they are grey, in some part of the frame or other colors look like they are smooge/ghost image/color. Difficult to explain, if needed i can post some examples.

------

Its possible to load more then one file and output automatic the folders for the several loaded raw files?

I like this piece of software. It's easy to operate and maybe need some more options for configurations. But for me is ideal, extract more quality as possible from the raw file and then i make proxys in after effects with the dng's.

EDIT:

If i compare one dng from raw2dng and other from ML Raw 1.0.0 looks that ML Raw saturate more. Opposite from the rawmagic.

Could you post some DNG examples, comparing the output from raw2dng with the output of ML-RAW (Force Linear disabled)?

Quote from: ewinemiller on August 23, 2013, 12:54:21 AM
I couldn't get 1.1 of either the Mac or Windows version to work.

On Mac click process button, select RAW file from dialog, nothing happens.

On Windows, select File|Open, select RAW file from dialog, nothing happens. Click process, nothing happens.

That's strange, nobody else has had that problem? A directory window should appear for you to select where you want to store the DNG outputs.

arrinkiiii

You can see the dude with the  blue shirt in the left arm is almost, if not all, in grey.  Also the shoulder and shirt from the dude that got the ball is kind of orange. In the 1.0.0 versions of ml raw didn't give me this strange colors/ghosts.

If you see the trees in the left side is all green you don't see the branches that are brown. Also in the  park bench on the left, the first plank are all green.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/f4gef0lgmps124z/7s8ZYitJqF

wheezl

Quote from: arrinkiiii on August 23, 2013, 01:24:13 AM
You can see the dude with the  blue shirt in the left arm is almost, if not all, in grey.  Also the shoulder and shirt from the dude that got the ball is kind of orange. In the 1.0.0 versions of ml raw didn't give me this strange colors/ghosts.

If you see the trees in the left side is all green you don't see the branches that are brown. Also in the  park bench on the left, the first plank are all green.

That appears to be the same issue I am having.

TheUnkn0wn

Does this happen with ALL OS versions? Do you have a small RAW file I can use for testing that shows these artifacts?

arrinkiiii

Quote from: TheUnkn0wn on August 23, 2013, 02:19:12 AM
Does this happen with ALL OS versions? Do you have a small RAW file I can use for testing that shows these artifacts?

It got 300Mb, its ok?

TheUnkn0wn

Quote from: arrinkiiii on August 23, 2013, 02:30:03 AM
It got 300Mb, its ok?

Yes that's fine, I can make it only process the first frames.

Thanks

arrinkiiii

U welcome. Im going to start to upload but it will take some time, I will put the link here as soon its finish.

arrinkiiii

ok im going to try it.

(still waiting for the up load. I have upload in dropbox and in sendspace, the first...)

arrinkiiii

1- No Force Linear, Uncompressed = same strange colors

2- Force Linear, Uncompressed = same strange colors

For me, 7D user, what is different from force linear and unchecked force linear? Beside the big file in Force Linear...

*If i go to File and open a raw file, then i chose my settings... and hit the tab Process, chose my output folder and voilá, it make the magic and give me the dng's. Everything is good, so far... Then i chose different settings, hit the Process tab, chose folder to output... and voilá, it make is magic... BUT wend i go to the output folder i just got black dng's, same amout of frames but all black... with 434kb each dng. Is not possible to correct this? For not all the time need to open/load the same file?

TheUnkn0wn

Quote from: arrinkiiii on August 23, 2013, 04:04:28 AM
1- No Force Linear, Uncompressed = same strange colors

2- Force Linear, Uncompressed = same strange colors

For me, 7D user, what is different from force linear and unchecked force linear? Beside the big file in Force Linear...

Force Linear rebuilds the DNG file and processes the information (demozaic) into a more compatible format. I suggest you don't use it unless you have problems without it.

arrinkiiii

OK, thanks. I will not use Force Linear. I thought since Force Linear produced a larger file (5MB) the dng's would be with more quality, opposite from No Force Linear  that give's me a 1,96MB each dng.

Until now for me the first version, 1.0.0. works good. Only the Force Linear gave me some purple fringe.

*If i go to File and open a raw file, then i chose my settings... and hit the tab Process, chose my output folder and voilá, it make the magic and give me the dng's. Everything is good, so far... Then i chose different settings, hit the Process tab, chose folder to output... and voilá, it make is magic... BUT wend i go to the output folder i just got black dng's, same amout of frames but all black... with 434kb each dng. Is not possible to correct this? For not all the time need to open/load the same file?

Here is the file from last version, 1.1.1 and a black dng for comparing. I think is the same from last version.

Raw file for testing (300MB)
http://www.sendspace.com/file/a50kes

3pointedit

TheUnknown, I am forced to use TIFF from your app. It's fast and really usefull. Can I ask how you are developing them as I get quite a lot of fringeing and color noise? I cannot compare the DNGs as I don't have an app for them.
550D on ML-roids

vroem

The colors are wrong because it generates a faulty EXIF ISO value.
I removed the ISO value with exiftool: exiftool -ISO=0 000000.DNG
Now colors are ok. White balance is still off but that's not a problem.

dariSSight

Quote from: TheUnkn0wn on August 22, 2013, 05:02:36 AM

Magic Lantern RAW - 1.1.0

A simple standalone tool for converting magic lantern RAW video files into DNG or TIF sequences.

Features
- Multi-Threading (makes use of those CPU cores you have)
- Using the Adobe DNG SDK (full DNG support)
- Directly convert to TIF
- Compression (compress your DNG's using Lossless JPEG)
- Force Linear (rebuilds DNG with demosaic CFA data, aimed for use with the 650D/700D since dcraw can't handle their DNG's correctly, I recommend you leave this disabled unless you have a 650D or 700D)

Version
1.0.0 - Initial Release
1.1.0 - Compiled statically, modified multi-threading

Download
WINDOWS
LINUX
MAC

I was so excited to try out the app but it doesn't open up on Macs, if there is an Mac user that got to open up I would like to hear from them because it does nothing on my MacBook Pro.
Canon 5D Mark II

Francis Frenkel

Just test 1.1.0 for Windows :

Windows 7 64 bits
Canon Mark2

1) Dng = are superb, clean, application is fast (open in Resolve and ACR)
2) Tiff = are clean : nothing to say but : thank you !
3) Dng + Force Linear = not possible to open the file in Resolve, but ok in Sony Vegas pro, very nice quality for grading

I really like the way to use this tool very efficent in certains cases.

I hope, you will continue to improve it !
One idea :
when you clic in process, propose to create un file with same name of orginal RAW file (it could be soooooooo great).

Thank you  again from France TheUnkn0wn !

Francis
Francis Frenkel
www.ffrenkel.com

wheezl

Quote from: dariSSight on August 23, 2013, 11:07:23 AM
I was so excited to try out the app but it doesn't open up on Macs, if there is an Mac user that got to open up I would like to hear from them because it does nothing on my MacBook Pro.

I just started it and it worked.  What error did you get when you tried to start it ?

TheUnkn0wn

Quote from: arrinkiiii on August 23, 2013, 04:29:02 AM
OK, thanks. I will not use Force Linear. I thought since Force Linear produced a larger file (5MB) the dng's would be with more quality, opposite from No Force Linear  that give's me a 1,96MB each dng.

Until now for me the first version, 1.0.0. works good. Only the Force Linear gave me some purple fringe.

Here is the file from last version, 1.1.1 and a black dng for comparing. I think is the same from last version.

Raw file for testing (300MB)
http://www.sendspace.com/file/a50kes

I can't reproduce your problem. The this is a DNG it just created : http://puu.sh/48MEO.DNG looks fine to me.

Could you try this? http://puu.sh/48MIe.zip

Danne

I,d like to try this app on my mac but i crashes before start. I,m on a mac os X version 10.6.8

This pops up in the report

"Exception Type:  EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000
Crashed Thread:  Unknown

Backtrace not available

Unknown thread crashed with X86 Thread State (32-bit):
  eax: 0x8fe44400  ebx: 0x8fe04f4e  ecx: 0x8fe0b83d  edx: 0x00000001
  edi: 0x8fe46dcc  esi: 0x8fe44440  ebp: 0xbfffd8b8  esp: 0xbfffd89c
   ss: 0x00000023  efl: 0x00000246  eip: 0x8fe01065   cs: 0x0000001b
   ds: 0x00000023   es: 0x00000023   fs: 0x00000000   gs: 0x0000000f
  cr2: 0x00001000

Binary images description not available"

arrinkiiii

Good morning.

Yes, your dng look normal, not like mine. I going try the 1.1.2 version, thank you  :)

Edit:
With version 1.1.2 happen the same that happen in the others versions. Its possible to put a link for the first version (1.0.0.)? I have deleted and want to try again, because is the version that give's me everything good/normal.

@3pointedit and other users...

This is a link for adobe for installing a dngcodec 2.0  with this you can see/preview the dng's in you picture preview, windows explorer, etc... I do not know if it exists for mac but certainly yes.
http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=5495

wheezl

Quote from: Danne on August 23, 2013, 01:02:36 PM
I,d like to try this app on my mac but i crashes before start. I,m on a mac os X version 10.6.8

This pops up in the report

"Exception Type:  EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000
Crashed Thread:  Unknown

Backtrace not available

Unknown thread crashed with X86 Thread State (32-bit):
  eax: 0x8fe44400  ebx: 0x8fe04f4e  ecx: 0x8fe0b83d  edx: 0x00000001
  edi: 0x8fe46dcc  esi: 0x8fe44440  ebp: 0xbfffd8b8  esp: 0xbfffd89c
   ss: 0x00000023  efl: 0x00000246  eip: 0x8fe01065   cs: 0x0000001b
   ds: 0x00000023   es: 0x00000023   fs: 0x00000000   gs: 0x0000000f
  cr2: 0x00001000

Binary images description not available"

As I recall Snow Leopard is a bit odd about 64 and 32 bit as it is a hybrid system.   Right click on the application, select "Get Info" and make sure you are running it as a 32-bit application.  If that doesn't help we'll have to wait for TheUnkn0wn to target your platform.  Though you should be able to upgrade to 10.8 without much pain.

Danne

Tried to find the 32-bit option as suggested but couldn, t find it. Will upgrade eventually.

TheUnkn0wn

Quote from: Danne on August 23, 2013, 01:45:22 PM
Tried to find the 32-bit option as suggested but couldn, t find it. Will upgrade eventually.

It's compiled as a 32-bit binary since it wont compile correctly using 64-bit (it messes the RAW structures up). I don't have a Mac and therefor don't know a lot about them. I highly suggest you upgrade to 10.8

WINDOWS - Magic Lantern RAW 1.0.0 OLD

arrinkiiii

Version 1.0.0.

Works good and fast
Wend i put the dng's in after effects and make play the video is all scramble, no good.

Version 1.1.2

Works good but problems in the colors.
Wend i put the dng's in after effects and make play everything go's good as should be.

-----------------
Can we merge the first version  and the last version?  ::)

TheUnkn0wn

Quote from: arrinkiiii on August 23, 2013, 03:06:22 PM
Version 1.0.0.

Works good and fast
Wend i put the dng's in after effects and make play the video is all scramble, no good.

Version 1.1.2

Works good but problems in the colors.
Wend i put the dng's in after effects and make play everything go's good as should be.

-----------------
Can we merge the first version  and the last version?  ::)

The thing is, I haven't actually changed any of the image processing stuff, I've just changed the way it creates the threads to process the image AND I also cant reproduce the problem on my PC. Your files are fine when I make them.