[UNMAINTAINED] mlv2dng - A converter for the Magic Lantern RAW Video format v2.0

Started by gnarr, August 20, 2013, 09:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bloomingworks

Hello,

How can use mlv2dng_osx ?

Here is my terminal:
Last login: Wed Nov 27 15:25:00 on ttys000
imac:~ bloomingworks$ /Users/bloomingworks/Downloads/mlv2dng\ 3 ; exit;
usage:

mlv2dng.exe file.mlv [prefix]

=> will create prefix000000.dng, prefix000001.dng and so on.
logout

[Process completed]

Can you help me please?
Dominique eyraud

nick.p

Drag the program onto terminal and then drag the mlv. Then press enter

bloomingworks

thanks nick for your help.
But it do not work. I Draged the program onto terminal, then draged the mlv, press enter.

here is my terminal:

imac:~ bloomingworks$ /Users/bloomingworks/Desktop/mlv2dng /Users/bloomingworks/Desktop/M20-1729.MLV
Exception! Header not recognized: 'STYL'
dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: __ZNKSt5ctypeIcE13_M_widen_initEv
  Referenced from: /Users/bloomingworks/Desktop/mlv2dng
  Expected in: /usr/lib/libstdc++.6.dylib

dyld: Symbol not found: __ZNKSt5ctypeIcE13_M_widen_initEv
  Referenced from: /Users/bloomingworks/Desktop/mlv2dng
  Expected in: /usr/lib/libstdc++.6.dylib

Trace/BPT trap: 5
imac:~ bloomingworks$

what can I do ?
I have Osx mavericks on my mac...
Dominique

Midphase

I get the same exact results on my Mac.

How come there isn't a single non-Terminal app for the Mac which can convert .mlv files without the user needing to be a full fledged computer science grad?

I'd love to start using .mlv as my format of choice, but on the Mac I'd rather have my wisdom teeth pulled than trying to figure out this stuff (and I consider myself pretty tech-savvy).

Is there any chance that a kind soul who knows more about this stuff than us mortals could come up with a GUI wrap for this app that actually works?

Devs:

I know you're all PC holy-nerds-from-hell, but most of us video guys are Mac based. Sorry...just the way it is in the industry, so lack of a proper Mac solution to convert .mlv files is actually affecting a pretty big chunk of us who would love to use this new format more and more. Sorry for the rant but this is really frustrating.

g3gg0

Help us with datasheets - Help us with register dumps
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]
ONLY donate for things we have done, not for things you expect!

Danne

Finally got it converting on my mac using this tip. http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=9573.msg91806;topicseen#msg91806

I had to upgrade my OS to maverick though from sitting on an older OS before I got it working.
Still, it,s one file at the time and a lot of keypressing :)
Thanks anyway for all the progress

g3gg0

you can convert it into .dng directly using the --dng option
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]

Danne

Sweet, worked!

The instruction from g3gg0 from another topic;

1. don't use spaces
2. first cd into a directory ("cd  <directory>" and note the SPACE after cd)
3. then execute "./mlv_dump --dng <filename>" (ENTER THE FILENAME MANUALLY WITHOUT ANY PATH)
4. if this works, try using drag'n'drop or whatever, but first try to get it executing the most simple way as described in 1. to 3.

arturochu

Chu

mannyaroyo

Hey everyone im not sure if this was covered but i read most of this thread and didnt see anything.

So i used Mlv-Dump and then was able to drag my MLv clip into terminal but it will only allow me to covert it to DNG by doing the command --d if i try to convert to RAW like the post stated by using the -r command it says it processes it but nothing happens. i cant find the file at all. If i use the method that is in the post completely then the Mlv file isnt able to get open. Im kinda confused and would like to get some sound with this footage which is why i shot in MLV. Also i noticed when i brung the file into AE it was 8bit and not 14. if there is anything on this anything please redirect me thanks!

BlueBird

i use osx mavericks and i can't convert a mlv to dng with the program.. i put it on a same folder as raw2dng but i still dosen't work...
can anyone tell a instrucion what i have to do?

and!!! if i open the mlv2dng.. he say he creat the files but i dindt see any file...
Canon 5D MK III with 16-35mm 2.8L II, 24-70mm 2.8L, Speedlite 580 EX II, Glidecam HD 4000

BlueBird

Canon 5D MK III with 16-35mm 2.8L II, 24-70mm 2.8L, Speedlite 580 EX II, Glidecam HD 4000

Danne

Not sure what,s going on. Are you sure your camera i set to record audio? You have to enable it both the module and in the ml menu.

DesterWallaboo

Anyone else notice that both the RAW module and MLV module both shoot about 1 stop under compared to what it looks like on screen and with the zebras? I've tried using the Image Fine Tuning option and bumping it up +1.0EV... but it doesn't seem to make any difference. So the only way I seem to get properly exposed video is to overexpose by +1.0 - +1.25 stops and then it looks correct when bringing it into ACR.

g3gg0

gnarr

Quote from: BlueBird on January 19, 2014, 01:57:30 AM
thx work but still have a problem.. i got the dng but no wav! check the error message what i got in the tread!

The program does not have wav extraction capabilities yet. I haven't had any time to maintain the code for months, but I'm going to try to revive this in the next few days and add features and remove bugs.

I saw that there are two branches on bitbucket that haven't had any work done, so if anyone needs any help at all with the code or setting up an environment with this, just contact me.

nickychris

Hi, I use MLVBrowseSharp on mac osx 10.8.2
All seems to be working fine after the lengthy complicated install - no greenish dngs but the dngs just export to the same folder with no sub-folders which is a pain to work with.
What is the best mac approach to working with MLV files?
MLV 2 DNGs OSX doesnt work, I just couldnt install it.

nickychris

Thanks Danne, I think I did try that one but couldn't get it working.
I'm a little confused which thread has the mlvbrowsesharp app that I use?
Sorry I just remember there were like 3 mac workflows for mlv files and mlvbrowsesharp works.
I think it might be the best because it's DNGs has the exif data like ISO, WB, etc.
I was quite impressed if I could just have the seperate shots in their own sub folder instead of thousands of dng files from the days shoot in a single folder..

Danne

WeekendWarrior

Quote from: vnguyen972 on September 04, 2013, 11:36:30 PM
How does one convert the spanned MLV files? I have .MLV and .M00 files... usually I just drag the MLV and drop ontop of the mlv2dng and it does its job.. now that I have .M00, it doesn't do anything... drag and drop isn't working in this case? I tried cmd line but doesn't see any option to specify that it's splitted MLV... help please?
Thanks.

I'm having the exact same problem, how did you end up getting around this?

Danne

did you try the script two-three posts up? Doubleclick the command. g3gg0 fixed everything two work fluently with spanned files.