Function to read the current light intensity (exposure meter) in the script lang

Started by dlrpgmsvc, February 09, 2013, 07:46:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dlrpgmsvc

Do it is possible to have a function in the script language that can read the absolute and/or the relative light intensity that is coming through the camera lens, like the little vertical cursor on the exposure scale of the camera already does, so we can program an intervalometer exposure ramping without guessing the values by pre-setting them, but by directly read the light and then set the iso/aperture/time values in consequence ?
If you think it's impossible, you have lost beforehand

scrax

I got something with:
printf("Ev%f", (get_tv() + get_av()) - get_sv());

but need to be in P mode and you should half press shutter before script starts to have a good value, can't find how to simulate halfpress without closing script.
I'm using ML2.3 for photography with:
EOS 600DML | EOS 400Dplus | EOS 5D MLbeta5- EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro  - EF-S 17-85mm f4-5.6 IS USM - EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM - 580EXII - OsX, PS, LR, RawTherapee, LightZone -no video experience-

scrax

Quote from: wolf on February 10, 2013, 02:34:37 AM
click(SHOOT_HALF);
was the first I tried and didn't worked, added a sleep and now it works (sometimes, other times scripts hangs).

/*
@title Meter Test
*/

click(SHOOT_HALF);
sleep(1);
printf("Ev%f", (get_tv() + get_av()) - get_sv());
I'm using ML2.3 for photography with:
EOS 600DML | EOS 400Dplus | EOS 5D MLbeta5- EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro  - EF-S 17-85mm f4-5.6 IS USM - EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM - 580EXII - OsX, PS, LR, RawTherapee, LightZone -no video experience-

wolf

I solved  a timing issue with:

press(SHOOT_HALF);
sleep(0.2);
unpress(SHOOT_HALF);

Also hiding console felt faster.

dlrpgmsvc

If you think it's impossible, you have lost beforehand

blindcat

Can I use this method and override values in P mode?
In M mode the EV reading didn't do something useful.
I use a nightly build of 1 may 13 on a 5D2.
Thanks

blindcat

Nice function. Thanks for the answer and pointing to it. I better create a new thread in the scripting area.