Micro Adjustment..

Started by Doyle4, August 18, 2013, 07:08:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doyle4

Thank you for this feature!! my lenses are now super super sharp!!

zaikar

Where did you find this? I can Find anything about Micro Adjustment in my Magic Lantern menu on my 60D...

What camera do you have?

THANKS!

Doyle4

The 60D doesn't have the Micro Adjustment feature in the Canon menu, iv read that the 60D contains a new AF system which does not need MA, but iv also seen people annoyed that its not there as some lens need it.

I own a Canon 5Dmkii - a.d's build

Audionut

It only works on cameras that already had the feature.
ML AFMA is just automates the process.

Doyle4

i found it more precise than the old method hooking the camera to computer, 200% zoom and pressing the minute focus and count how many steps forward or back, i made a coffee and sat back and watched it do it its thing, i then used a tape messure to focus on different lengths, each one was spot on... thanks A1ex for this feature!

My 24-70 lens had been sent away couple of times for been out even after MA, they said it was fine and set it to 0, 200% zoom said +2, ML set it -2 and is perfect.

ilguercio

I need to try that on my 70-200.
Canon EOS 6D, 60D, 50D.
Sigma 70-200 EX OS HSM, Sigma 70-200 Apo EX HSM, Samyang 14 2.8, Samyang 35 1.4, Samyang 85 1.4.
Proud supporter of Magic Lantern.

Doyle4

Quote from: ilguercio on August 19, 2013, 01:52:00 PM
I need to try that on my 70-200.

remember to times the max focal length by 50 and convert to inches and thats the distance you need to do this and at lowest apature your lens has.