Cancel / stop button for advanced bracketing

Started by jalejake, August 03, 2013, 01:49:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jalejake

Hi! 

Would it be possible to add a cancel button / feature to advanced bracketing. I've often taken HDR photos in the nighttime with low iso and the exposure times might rise up to 15 minutes or above. 
ML shows quick reviews of the photos on the camera display, and often I see that the last photo already had enough light in the darkest areas of the photo, but the ML automatics (or my own settings) still want to take one (or two) more photo and I have to wait over 15 minutes, or turn off my camera while it's taking the photo. 

I really don't like the last option, as I already did that once (it was getting cold outside) and it messed up my camera settings. I remember that at least the af was no longer on the half press of my shutter button where it used to be. Some other settings were messed too. Might be bad for the camera also?

Anyway, it would be perfect if we could stop the photo sequence by simply pressing the shutter button again. Could this behaviour be added if possible, please.

And thank you! I can't say enough how much I appreciate your work.

(Im using 7D btw)

a1ex

jalejake

Quote from: a1ex on August 03, 2013, 01:53:32 PM
Press MENU or flip the mode dial.

Oh, it's that easy. Feel kinda dumb now.. Not only for posting this, but for waiting for my camera to take the last photos too.  ;D
Thanks a1ex!

engardeknave

I use advanced bracketing constantly and encounter this issue often. Pressing MENU or changing the mode on my 5D2 (in LV) doesn't seem to work. I just tried it again now. It just keeps shooting away.

Funny story: One time months ago, after starting a bracket, it wouldn't stop--even after powering the camera off and taking out the battery. I turned it back on and it started shooting again. In a panic, being in the middle of a shoot and expecting the client to walk back into the room, I took the lens off. That just made it take shots way faster since it didn't have to wait for exposure. You can imagine me standing there just staring at this thing as the mirror is flipping up and down. It must have taken thirty shots before I thought to take out the CF card and reboot it again that way. This worked. It hasn't happened since. Must be a rare bug.