Short Film, EOS M w/ ML and CineStyle PP

Started by AnthonyEngelken, August 18, 2013, 09:05:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnthonyEngelken

Wanted to thank Magic Lantern for their incredible work. The firmware really turns the EOS M into an unexpected little monster. Settings - Bitrate: 3.0x, FPS Override: ~23.97, Shutter: ~1/48, ML Digital ISO: -0.3 EV, Cropmarks: CINESC02.BMP

My short film "Biology" was created for submission to Canon's Project Imaginat10n. I'm sharing it with you guys now because they plan to announce contest finalists tomorrow today 5 minutes ago (wasn't selected).

Again, thank you so much for porting ML to the EOS M!

Anthony

scrizz

AnthonyEngelken

I'm not necessarily sayin' that I'm glad it made you sad, but...  ;D

maxotics

Beautiful and haunting piece of work.  Right up there with "M"  :)  Did you shoot the entire thing with the EOS-M running ML, and shooting RAW? 

AnthonyEngelken

Thank you so much, and yes. Whole film was shot with the EOS M running ML. I didn't shoot this in RAW however, captured in H264.

maxotics

I just took a quick glance at the first 15 seconds of some of the finalists.  Honestly, the kind of story you told is not my preference, but your film-making skills are way above the others.  You should take solace in that fact that The Academy Awards almost never picks the best film.   Obviously, content played a part on how they chose.  And to think you shot that whole thing on the EOS-M!  You have a real feel for visual story-telling.  Don't know if you should even waste your time entering any contests.

AnthonyEngelken

I'm not butt-hurt about it at all, the contest was just a motivator for this project. We're gonna hit up the festivals with it now, and hopefully make a couple ripples in the pond that way. So far we've submitted for screening to Leeds, Foyle, AFI, Ann Arbor, and Sundance; fingers crossed.

Canon eos m

Quote from: AnthonyEngelken on August 18, 2013, 09:05:30 PM
Wanted to thank Magic Lantern for their incredible work. The firmware really turns the EOS M into an unexpected little monster. Settings - Bitrate: 3.0x, FPS Override: ~23.97, Shutter: ~1/48, ML Digital ISO: -0.3 EV, Cropmarks: CINESC02.BMP

My short film "Biology" was created for submission to Canon's Project Imaginat10n. I'm sharing it with you guys now because they plan to announce contest finalists tomorrow today 5 minutes ago (wasn't selected).

Again, thank you so much for porting ML to the EOS M!

Anthony

Awesome. Deserves to reach out to the relevant audience!
Canon 5D Mark III, Gopro Hero Blacks with 3D Casing, A Few Lenses, Adobe CC 2014, MacBook Pro, Windows 8 PC, Lots of Video Rig!

Started Nuke. Loved it but then the 15 day trial ran out. Back to After Effects and loving it :-)

AnthonyEngelken

QuoteAwesome. Deserves to reach out to the relevant audience!

Thanks!