[SOLVED] HDR - Error: No audio! interframe script (ML V2.3)

Started by Dreamer, January 12, 2013, 09:44:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dreamer

UPDATESee last post.  Issue resolved.

Hey guys.  I use the Canon 600D, ML Unified v2.3.
My computer is a Windows 7 64-bit machine.

I am successfully creating HDR video using the user-friendly version of the interframe script found in the userguide section of this site.  However, I am receiving an error message in VirtualDub when attempting to attach the audio to the movie prior to export.  I am following the steps outlined in the 'README' file downloaded with the interframe script package, read as follows:

• Choose your processing options in VirtualDub:
– Optional: add the audio track from the original video (Audio > Audio from other file,
select scripts\audio.avs)

I have labeled my movie as RAW.mov in the root directory of the interframe script package. Avisynth command prompt opens and successfully extracts the A and B frame series, then creates the C frame series.  VirtualDub reopens.  I can choose all my video options.  However, when I follow the above guideline for audio, I receive the following error message:

Avisynth open failure:
Script error: there is no function named "FFAudioSource"
(C:\Users\...scripts\audio.avs, line 2)

I can export out the movie just fine without audio.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Dreamer

a1ex

Maybe it has to do with the avisynth version (did you use the one in the zip file?)

Alternative: you can extract the audio track from the movie (e.g. with VLC) and then import it in virtualdub.

Dreamer

Yep, installed avisynth through interframe script package, install file named "AviSynth_110525.exe"

Quote from: y3llow on November 10, 2012, 10:28:42 AM
It could well be you are running Avisynth 2.6 alpha and that may be the problem. The link provided above to AVISynth_110525.exe  is the 2.6 alpha, Sourceforge's Avisynth setup is well stuffed up, so easy to download 2.6 alpha rather than 2.5.

Try this link:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/avisynth2/files/AviSynth%202.5/AviSynth%202.5.8/

I found the above quote in the ML Post-Workflow sub forum. This was a reply to another user having trouble getting his C series of frames to compile from the A and B series.  I bring this up because in my "Program Files (x86)" directory I find the folder Avisynth (2.5), yet when I open Window's "Uninstall a Program" dialog box, it lists "Avisynth 2.6", so could this be an issue?  I have only ever installed Avisynth once, and that was from the user-friendly interframe package downloaded from the ML Userguide webpage.

Cheers,
Dreamer

Yoshiyuki Blade

It could be that the audio.avs script doesn't call the required plugin (FFMS2) by itself. This is all it says:

SetMemoryMax(1024)
FFAudioSource("..\RAW.MOV")

I think that, unless you have FFMS2 installed in Avisynth's plugin directory (which loads them automatically), you need to load it yourself. Something like this:

SetMemoryMax(1024)
LoadPlugin(ScriptDir()+"..\Avisynth-plugins\ffms2.dll")
Import(ScriptDir()+"..\Avisynth-plugins\FFMS2.avsi")
FFAudioSource("..\RAW.MOV")

I'm not sure if that'll help though, I'd be surprised if this is the solution and somehow went unnoticed up until now.

Dreamer

Just figured this out--7 months later.  I was under the impression that the files/scripts in the HDR workflow folder being downloaded were self-contained.  I realized just now that I needed to copy all the contents of the "Avisynth-plugins" folder into my Program Files folder where Avisynth is installed.  After doing that, the audio script works perfect.  This issue is resolved.