The Date - A Canon 5D Mark II Raw Short Film

Started by rizziriz, August 12, 2013, 03:13:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JesseDampolo

maxotics

Best video yet of the kinds of shots, high shadow content, where RAW looks like film, not video!  And I laughed at the end! 

dariSSight

Canon 5D Mark II

deleted.account

Just a bit of a distraction from a nice short, but does anyone else see the heavy posterization in the brown shadows through out the video?

Areas it's really visible, to me anyway is the scene where she goes in / out her apartment door, the shadows in the darkened room far left, the hand in front the picture frame, the close up on the picture frame itself, the shadows in the girls hair in the photo in the picture frame, it's everywhere.

I'm watching on a calibrated display and I rarely see this sort of posterization. Thought my calibration was off, so checked the mp4 in Avisynth doing a proper conversion based on the levels in the video and what media info gave me such as the x264 encoder settings and the posterization looks as bad there and on another display, looking at avisynths waveform many shots have had the shadows lifted and then the shadow levels compressed, which makes me think that's why I see the problem.

I don't mean this as a criticism of the short.