RAW Video recording tips and tricks

Started by alexp, August 15, 2013, 07:02:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexp

Is there a way to program a button on 5DM2 to start and stop raw video recording without having to click the Delete, RAW Video, Start, and Delete Stop?

alexp

Quote from: Walter Schulz on August 15, 2013, 07:23:17 PM
http://wiki.magiclantern.fm/userguide#movie_rec_key

Walter, I am not talking about regular video recording. I am talking about starting and stopping RAW Video recording, where you have to press Trash, Raw Video, Start.

I'm trying to figure out if it's possible to start and stop RAW Video recording with one click, same as regular video recording. Does anyone know?

ted ramasola

Quote from: alexp on August 15, 2013, 08:29:36 PM
Walter, I am not talking about regular video recording. I am talking about starting and stopping RAW Video recording, where you have to press Trash, Raw Video, Start.

I'm trying to figure out if it's possible to start and stop RAW Video recording with one click, same as regular video recording. Does anyone know?

What date of raw_rec module are you using? You must have not been following the nightly builds as the start and stop has been like recording h264 for a long time now.
5DmkII  / 7D
www.ramasolaproductions.com
Texas

Walter Schulz

Quote from: alexp on August 15, 2013, 08:29:36 PMWalter, I am not talking about regular video recording.

Neither do I. A 5D2 is not within my hands, but it works on 650D and 7D. Regular *and* RAW.

Ciao
Walter

mageye

Yes. I have a 5DMKII and the RAW REC feature is triggered by pressing the SET button just as it would be for normal (h264) recording

Download a recent nightly build.
5DMKII | 500D | KOMPUTERBAY 32GB Professional 1000x |Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II | Samyang 35mm f/1.4 ED AS UMC | Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III | Zoom H2 (4CH. audio recorder) | Mac OS X 10.9.2 | Photoshop CC | After Effects CC | Final Cut Pro 7

alexp

alexp

Also, I saw a post somewhere that it's possible to double the focal length of a lens. What is the name of this function?

romainkedochim

I think you are talking about using the x5 zoom (although I saw a post and a video explaining how you can also use a x3 zoom) which in essence is pretty simple: press the zoom button once (to zoom x5) and press record (in raw mode of course).

It's a little hard to frame your shot but the result is pretty impressive.
5D MK2 - Lexar 800X 8GB

alexp

Thanks Romainkedochim. 10 doesn't do it? Just 5x right?

Also, does anyone know if there a way to receive email notifications when people reply here?

And last thing, anyone can share an HDR timelapse workflow? Specifically, how do you use Adobe Bridge to automatically merge multiple HDR shots into 1?

romainkedochim

X10 didn't work for me. But I tried the latest build tonight and I have no issue with it now. I can shoot 720p Raw with my 5D MKII in normal mode, as well as x5 AND x10 zoom.

As for HDR, I'd search on the forum. I saw a few interesting explanations on there.
5D MK2 - Lexar 800X 8GB