[NO] Are there any plans for XA & XF Canon camcorders?

Started by SiriNeos, August 11, 2013, 08:06:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SiriNeos

I have got the new XA20 Canon camcorder.

I am impressed with some videos recorded with the Magic Lantern firmware and I would like it for my camcorder.

Are there any plans for a Magic Lantern release for the XF and XA canon camcorders?
It would be amazing!!!

Congratulations for the Magic Lantern team!!!

Thanks,
SiriNeos.

WildMax

Wish I had got the XA25, but I have a Legria (Vixia) HF G30 and lacks the XLR input but I like the idea of ML on these cameras!  I would like to have some of the ML features on it like time lapse, motion detect, HDR, more FPS etc.. Also would like a way of reducing the audio noise/hiss on it from poor pre-amp since I don't have XLR on my camera like the XA20/XA25 has and you cant turn off AGC, so apart from audio hiss its a great camera, just lacking features like this that would make these camcorders excellent for the price range.

I would also like to thank everyone fro great firmware and would like this on my camcorder too if possible.

Chris F

You can't turn off audio AGC on the G30? You can on the G10 and the now discontinued M series.

I do agree that any of Canon's CMOS Pro based cameras would be pretty awesome with ML.

WildMax

QuoteYou can't turn off audio AGC on the G30? You can on the G10 and the now discontinued M series.

Not that I can see, its only goes to 0db and can't be turned off completely.