Focus Stack + 3D effect

Started by spider, August 13, 2013, 09:33:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spider

Made with ML on 650D, CombineZP and GIMP

Canon eos m

Awesome. Feels like the thing will just pop out of the frame.
Canon 5D Mark III, Gopro Hero Blacks with 3D Casing, A Few Lenses, Adobe CC 2014, MacBook Pro, Windows 8 PC, Lots of Video Rig!

Started Nuke. Loved it but then the 15 day trial ran out. Back to After Effects and loving it :-)

nuklearpuppy

Pretty damn amazing is this!!!
My Gear: EOS 550D |  Sigma 10-20mm f5.6  |  Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8-4 DC OS HSM  |  Sigma 70-300mm f4-5.6  |  Canon 50mm f1.8  |  Canon 18-55mm f3.5-5.6  | Cokin Z Pro Filters  |  Giottos Carbon Fibre Tripod.

spider

But sadly I have to use GIF because no browser supports MNG or JNG :'(

dariSSight

Quote from: spider on August 13, 2013, 09:33:28 PM
Made with ML on 650D, CombineZP and GIMP

Is there a way you can explain how you accomplish this on this forum, maybe somewhere down the line do a quick tutorial?
Canon 5D Mark II

bart

Very nice work Spider. This angle also looks perfect with no overlap in details, like visible legs through the wings.

Africashot

Awesome! What lens did you use?
ML 5D2 & T3i

spider

EF 100mm 2.8 Macro USM

Tut will come tomorrow, the day after tomorrow or next week.

Cave_dweller

How is this done? I'm a keen amateur photographer and all up for trying new things. Looks brilliant!

spider

Reggieroo

I have Canon 60d. I cannot get the focus stacking to work.  Can you give me a step by step tutor please.  I have read other posts about it and find it quite hard to follow their steps.
Thank you

spider

I don't know just select the number of pictures and the focus steps per picture.

Reggieroo

Thanks Spider for getting back to me.  I notice your screen dump is completely different to what I have.  I have noted my version number and it is the same as the present download for the 60d. Apparently there is a different version for your camera which appears to be more user friendly than what I have. My version is 2.3 60d 1.1.1 23 July 2012.

Perhaps someone with a 60d may see this post and can assist me.

Thanks for your time.

spider

If you use a new nightly build it will look like my screen dump, I think.

davidjm

Amazing image. Can this only be achieved on windows only and not mac.

spider

I don't have a Mac so I don't know if there is an alternative.

Reggieroo

Quote from: spider on August 20, 2013, 12:35:50 PM
If you use a new nightly build it will look like my screen dump, I think.

OK Spider.  I had a look and have downloaded it. Will try a little later.  I have acquired a new camera (70d) and it hasn't ML - so my attention will be on the new camera for a few days experimenting photography etc.

Thanks for your help.

arrinkiiii

Amazing photo/gif !!! Well done  8)

Megane_GT

Quote from: davidjm on August 20, 2013, 12:50:41 PM
Amazing image. Can this only be achieved on windows only and not mac.
Hi, there is an alternative: Helicon Focus, see http://www.heliconsoft.com/software-downloads/

Gtx, Martin

Mirazimov

Mirazimov Photographer http://www.mirazimov.com
Canon RebelT2i, Canon 6D and a lot of optics.