ML Custom Picture Profile

Started by Critical Point, August 11, 2013, 06:05:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Critical Point

Well, I have an idea. I know it is dangerous to add more than 3 custom picture profiles via a hack, but what if we could get around that ? What is ML would store in it's own directory on the SD card how many picture profiles we want, and we simply load them from a ML menu into one custom slot, ML would only replace one of those three custom profiles just like the EOS Utility does. It would not require any hacks to that dangerous part of the memory where the default picture profiles are stored, simply from a ML menu, we manipulate one custom profile slot, and ML only writes and deletes profiles on that slot just like the EOS Utility does. So we could have 100 picture profiles stored on the SD card, that only ML manipulates from it's menu, and we simply load them into memory just like the EOS Utility does, on a custom slot.

So basically ML would emulate what the EOS Utility does when it changes a custom picture profile, the only difference being that instead of loading the file from the hard drive, we load the file from the SD card via a ML menu.

That would be a great improvement, I mean, I have about 20 good and useful picture profiles, and it is a real big pain in the a** to always connect the camera to the pc only to load them.

Just a few:
Technicolor CineStyle
Marvels Advanced
Cinema
LightForm
VisionColor
VisionTech
CineLook
CinevisionPlus
Ive Lotus
600D & GH2 / PC.

fbaux

Great idea :)
i add it few days ago when i benchmark many profiles, to select the 3 best one for me.

• Giles_Film.pf2
  • FilmPS.pf2(Ive Lotus Film Picture Style)
  • Cine_VisionPlus[v2.0].pf2
I don't remember the order

3 max with default canon setting. so i thought ML may help to add more.

today i made first a research before posting and saw i had this idea before me ;)

ML could help to rename profile 1,2,3 to there name (more pratical to remember 1 is Gile, 2 FilmsPS... or may be the contrary)

It would be great to have the 3 best ones ready to use and renamed and some optional ones
such as :
R/G/B/Skin only against black/white background for example

http://pdl.vimeocdn.com/11798/153/145420227.mp4?aksessionid=a3f6fc3a04fa26b9ecdf44cf7c81f37a&token=1378655996_1c291ca356b2cfb0f5d52191104ae918
EOS 100D.101 (2018-02-27) + Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/4-5.6 IS + Canon EF-S 55-250 f/4.0-5.6 IS II + Eye-fi card

ItsMeLenny

ItsMeLenny

Audionut