Bolt Module for 5D Mark 3

Started by swinxx, August 09, 2013, 10:10:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

swinxx

hello friends.

we have a great storm here now.. and i wanted to shoot some bolt pics..
wasn´t there a bolt module in the latest 5d mark3 nightly builts?
no..?
so i have downloaded a module which i found on the bolt thread:

but the only thing the camera do is beeping like wild.. and then suddenly freezes

is there a working one and if yes. can someone please explain how the module is used..?
is this a raw video shooting stuff or a picture shooting module?

please explain..
thx. re

mk11174

Quote from: swinxx on August 09, 2013, 10:10:48 PM
hello friends.

we have a great storm here now.. and i wanted to shoot some bolt pics..
wasn´t there a bolt module in the latest 5d mark3 nightly builts?
no..?
so i have downloaded a module which i found on the bolt thread:

but the only thing the camera do is beeping like wild.. and then suddenly freezes

is there a working one and if yes. can someone please explain how the module is used..?
is this a raw video shooting stuff or a picture shooting module?

please explain..
thx. re
It is beeping because it is peaked out over the trigger value, if your shootiing day stuff you really need an ND8 filter on it because your camera can't darken enough to bring it under the peak value line. Or you can go into the trigger settings and adjust the Trigger value till your graph is below the Trigger line. By default I have Autoexpose feature turned on, if your sky is not working right with the auto expose feature you can turn that off as well and it will be the plain bolt trigger.

Or if you can build yourself you can build the original bolt_rec module, should work fine foor you since you havde the 5D3, I had to do many tweaks to that one to make it work correct with the 550D, but it also works on the 5D2 just fine so I assume if used correctly it should be fine on the 5D3.

500D/T1i  550D/T2i  600D/T3i  700D/T5i