Flatz ACR Preset - Magic Lantern RAW (Updated 8/18/13)

Started by D.L. Watson, August 09, 2013, 12:38:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

D.L. Watson

Who said anything about grading in After Effects. The preset is a ACR preset to flatten your image so you can export to Pro-Res and DNxHD and grade in resolve. The exact process you just said. Did you even read the initial thread?
See my portfolio of work at www.dlwatson.net

BrotherD

Mann if you research this forum, you will see that some do not have or know Resolve well enough to include it in their workflow. Audio, titles and pink dots in raw files are still "problems" in Resolve. I do finish in Resolve. Most of us have After Effects. Resolve will be a complete editing software program in the near future. I am looking forward to that day!

Derrick

Luiz Roberto dos Santos

@D.L. Watson, I'm sorry, honestly, for my ignorance, but what exactly does the preset, apply one inverse S-curve and lower the saturation in HSL?
Perhaps the XMP has not been applied accurately in my ACR, because I am with version 8.0...

D.L. Watson

Quote from: Luiz Roberto dos Santos on August 23, 2013, 01:18:16 AM
@D.L. Watson, I'm sorry, honestly, for my ignorance, but what exactly does the preset, apply one inverse S-curve and lower the saturation in HSL?
Perhaps the XMP has not been applied accurately in my ACR, because I am with version 8.0...

It's no biggy. Honestly, I woke up this morning cranky. Sorry about that. Yes, it applies an inverse S-Curve and lowers saturation and there is some darks and shadows adjustments as well.

Quote from: BrotherD on August 22, 2013, 09:11:24 PM
Mann if you research this forum, you will see that some do not have or know Resolve well enough to include it in their workflow. Audio, titles and pink dots in raw files are still "problems" in Resolve. I do finish in Resolve. Most of us have After Effects. Resolve will be a complete editing software program in the near future. I am looking forward to that day!

Derrick

I understand there is not a lot of people out there who use Resolve and Ill be covering a tutorial on how to grade in After Effects as well as Resolve.
See my portfolio of work at www.dlwatson.net

Luiz Roberto dos Santos

Audionut

Locked at the request of the OP. 

Stay tuned for further updates.