Converting .RAW files larger than 4.3 Gb

Started by Sophistic8, August 08, 2013, 12:08:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sophistic8

Hey guys,

maybe someone can help me out.
I've recorded a .RAW file on my 5D mk III that is 4.3 Gb and it has created another file with the same filename but with the .R00 extension. (about 430 Mb). The problem is that the .RAW file won't convert to Cinema DNG using RawMagic. When I throw it in it gives me size 0x0, frames 0 and rate nan. When I throw in the .R00 file it does convert to Cinema DNG  but the frames have pink noise and later on in the sequence black bars.

Is there a way to split the large .RAW file or another way to convert it to Cinema DNG?

Thanks!

Yuri

p.s. I've tried the following procedure: http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=6533.0
The files seem to combine well, I get a new file with a cumulative file size of the two files but it still gives me 0x0 size, 0 frames, nan framerate in RawMagic....

CreativeEndeavor

/Bump.  I am having the same problem and will be following this thread instead of posting my own.

Doyle4

if on mac use RAWmagic or HEX Fiend, using Hex boot application and open the first file (.RAW) then open the .r00, copy all of the hex code from .r00 and paste at the very end of last HEX of .RAW, choose save and let it build a full joint RAW file, then use your converter as usual.

CreativeEndeavor

Thank-you for the Link!  Rawanizer combined my .ROO and .RO1 files into the original raw and then exported out .DNGs. 

t2scorp

with windows cmd this should work:

copy /b FILE.raw+FILE.r00 NEWFILE.RAW