New Test Video with the Canon 5dmark 3 alpha RAW Video

Started by blainesuque, August 07, 2013, 07:56:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blainesuque

Anxious to shoot once i was able to hack the HD RAW Video codec for theCanon 5d Mark 3, i went to Signal Hill, Long Beach Ca and gave it a run. Not bad in my opinion, all these shots are raw and untouched as far as color grading. Still wondering how to get those vertical lines to go away and the weird noise. Ive heard that it really comes out in underexposed shots, so ill try to shoot one a a couple stops over exposed soon.

Magic Lantern 5dMK3 Alpha Hack

1920 X 768
24 FPS
Raw Hd Video
32GB Extreme 60mbs
Canon 85mm 1.8

Workflow
Shot on 5d MK3, raw files converted VIA RAWMAGIC, sequenced in Quicktime Pro 7 to Proress HQ, and brought into Premier for editing. The task can be very tedious right now that its not a stable firmware, but im sure in the near future we will be looking at very user friendly workflows. I DO NOT RECOMMEND TRYING THIS UNLESS YOU ARE PREPARED FOR A POSSIBILITY OF A DEAD CAMERA! Havent heard of any actual cameras dying from this hack, but you never know.

AnotherDave

Great footage!

I think it is important to warn people on what may happen if they hack the camera... but I don't know of anyone who actually killed their camera with the raw hack.  People tend to freak out and think they did... but then realize they just needed to pop the battery out and put it back in again.

Still really nice shooting.

blainesuque

Thank you, yea ive heard of the possible problems that can happen, but never heard of them actually happening