fashion video on 60D (720 RAW)

Started by Nang, August 07, 2013, 05:38:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nang

Here's my 3rd fashion video shot with raw format. This is my first video shot on 1280x544. My previous videos I shot at 960x540 and uprez to 720.

Portfolio: somnang.4ormat.com | Video: https://vimeo.com/somnang
Prime: Olympus Zuiko OM 24mm f/2.8 | Rokinon Cine 85mm T/1.5 | Pentax SMC Takumar 50mm f/1.4 | Helios 44-2 58mm f/2.0 | Jupiter 37A 135mm f/3.5
Zoom: Meteor 5-1 17-69mm f/1.9, Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8, Tamron 24-70mm Di VC f/2.

Abstrak

You've had the best looking 60D footage to me to date. Can I ask you how far right you are exposing? Are you going a little positive  or a little negative. I'm still trying to learn how to read that histogram. I think when the red blue or green circle shows it means that channel is clipped right?

Also can you tell me what build you are shooting with thanks. Love your footage

Nang

Quote from: Abstrak on August 09, 2013, 02:09:03 AM
You've had the best looking 60D footage to me to date. Can I ask you how far right you are exposing? Are you going a little positive  or a little negative. I'm still trying to learn how to read that histogram. I think when the red blue or green circle shows it means that channel is clipped right?

Also can you tell me what build you are shooting with thanks. Love your footage

Thank you very much for the compliment! I didn't do the far right exposing method. To be honest, I really don't understand it that much other than exposing really bright. During that shoot, I just eyeball'd it on the lcd screen the best I can. I just made sure the brights weren't too hot. Then I fixed the over/under exposed shots with ACR in AE. I didn't use the histogram in camera, in fact, I rarely ever use it in-camera (yes I know this is bad practice). But I did use the histogram in ACR to help my exposure correction.

I think at the time of the shoot (late June) I was using an early June build. Right now, I have the late July build.

I hope this helps and if you have any more questions, please feel free to ask.
Portfolio: somnang.4ormat.com | Video: https://vimeo.com/somnang
Prime: Olympus Zuiko OM 24mm f/2.8 | Rokinon Cine 85mm T/1.5 | Pentax SMC Takumar 50mm f/1.4 | Helios 44-2 58mm f/2.0 | Jupiter 37A 135mm f/3.5
Zoom: Meteor 5-1 17-69mm f/1.9, Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8, Tamron 24-70mm Di VC f/2.