7D - Can't disable live mode. (FIXED)

Started by peri, August 07, 2013, 10:55:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peri

I dont think this is a magic lantern issue, but I'm hoping someone can help.

Earlier today I took the battery out of my 7D to charge. This evening I took the camera out, turned it on, and when nothing happened I realised I'd left the battery at home, on charge.

When I got back, I just shoved the battery in, not realising the camera was still switched 'on'. Now I can't get it out of 'live' mode.

When the camera is turned on, it immediately flicks the mirror up and goes into live view. The option to disable live view in the main menu is missing. I added it as an item in 'my menu' and its greyed out.

I've tried formatting the card, removing the battery, resetting all functions and settings, removing the bios battery, removing the lens..... and then re-attaching them in different orders. I've tried re-writing the firmware - nothing works. Even without a card in, it still does it.

Please...any ideas?

Greyed out on 'my menu'

The option for live view is totally missing from the main menu - it should be the first item.

EDIT

OK, I'll leave this post here, and how I fixed it - I don't mind looking like a dick :)

The tiny dial (the really tiny, small, minuscule one that's so tiny you'd hardly know its there)  - the one with 'start/stop' written on a button in its centre, to the right of the viewfinder - it got knocked from 'still' to 'movie'

:-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

britom

7D Builds with RAW support: http://bit.ly/14Llzda