7d - What's missing and what needs fixing?

Started by mburgst, August 07, 2013, 01:10:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mburgst

Just like the 50d Thread this is not about a specific function and module, rather than to get an overview on what is still missing in the port, and what still needs fixing. as 7d development is spread like over 3 threads it gets a little complicated to stay on track with whats happening where.. ^^

7d - to my knowledge - has atleast two versions around:

- Release Alpha2 which does NOT autoload and may be rather outdated with features by now
- trunc/fork (?) of the current unified version, compiled for 7d and used for bootflagged cameras with autoload of magic lantern

the autoload version (in the dropbox from audionut) should be the most update version for 7d around including dualiso module, ettr and such. burst silent picture/video works for about seconds.

raw video is beeing worked on and not included in any build publically available?

what i got out of the forum stuff like fps override is missing and i haven't found it in the menu?

audio meters seem to be just displayed when recording a clip, not when camera is idle (in liveview).

any other stuff thats needs beeing worked on?

didn't fully check every option yesterday - have just been clicking around the menu and trying out options and stuff. i need to compare it to alpha2 for differences..

Dorian

Just installed, doing some tests and noticed:

1. ML doesnt work when cam is wakend after power save(sleep) mode. ML need to be reInstalled. No auto load.

2. Magic Zoom, does'nt work with f.ring (tested with tamron 18-270mm), only half shuter works.

3. NO audio meters in normal L.View, (while in REC is OK).

4. No audio control, too much bg noise.

5. Hope for HDR video soon.. :)

Walter Schulz

Quote from: Dorian on August 18, 2013, 04:56:15 PM1. ML doesnt work when cam is wakend after power save(sleep) mode. ML need to be reInstalled. No auto load.

You are using an "old" build. This issue is past.
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=7464.0

Quote from: Dorian on August 18, 2013, 04:56:15 PM2. Magic Zoom, does'nt work with f.ring (tested with tamron 18-270mm), only half shuter works.

Same as above: Done.

Quote from: Dorian on August 18, 2013, 04:56:15 PM3. NO audio meters in normal L.View, (while in REC is OK)

True

Quote from: Dorian on August 18, 2013, 04:56:15 PM4. No audio control, too much bg noise.

Quote from: Dorian on August 18, 2013, 04:56:15 PM5. Hope for HDR video soon.. :)

Until this is fixed you may want to play with RAW video
You have to install 3 additional files from Pelican's site
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=3974.msg65694#msg65694
No audio at all.

Ciao
Walter Schulz