5D MKII HELP!

Started by Cheesebase, August 06, 2013, 10:17:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cheesebase

Hi,

I have been running ML v2.3 successfully for many months now.

I was transferring data from the card (using the cameras USB connection) and accidentally removed the CF card whilst it was still being read. I believe that was the source of the problem as there has been no physical damage and all functions were operating smoothly before then.

Symptoms;

Initially;

. When power on, only a black screen appears, camera appears to be in bulb mode although on trying to take a picture only a black image is produced. The buttons appear to be responsive however there is no change in the display when changing shooting mode or selecting any buttons on the back of the camera. Camera has no functionality whatsoever.

Now;

. After fiddling around the black screen no longer appears and instead all that I get is a continual blinking CF light even when the CF slot is open.

What I have done;

. Obvious stuff - removed card, removed battery, charged battery, formatted card
. Attempted to run the diagnostic tools provided on the forum but I am not entirely sure I did this correctly (can anyone tell me exactly how I am meant to run autoexec?)

I would ideally like to try using the EOS utility however I am currently in a region with poor internet connection hence downloading the rather large file is a bit difficult - if anyone thinks this may solve the issue though please let me know!

Does anyone have any thoughts? I am pretty un-knowledgeable about how it all works, I am just a keen user, but any advice you have would be great!