So you're an amateur photographer and installed ML, what now!

Started by markwears_pants, August 07, 2013, 03:23:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markwears_pants

G'day

first of all my gear is a canon 600D, 18-55mm, 55-250mm and my new little nifty 50mm(f/1.8 ). I've downloaded and installed ML and struggling to find much use of it. Gone through the FAQ and read some good threads (including the dual iso photography, looks great!) and I have a couple questions regarding the things I like on it.

When using  the focus peak overlay do the RED dots mean the perfect amount of focus? I generally do night shots, is there anything to aid me to manual focus low light areas? And lastly what options would you suggest for the buddying photographer to experiment with? The vast amount of settings can be a little intimidating. Below is a couple shots I took, re-sized to 900px for forums max size . cheers!

-

Walter Schulz

Quote from: markwears_pants on August 07, 2013, 03:23:40 PMAnd lastly what options would you suggest for the buddying photographer to experiment with?

For night shots:
Advanced Bracketing, of course!
Aunt Edit(h) wants to mention Intervalometer, too.

You might want to test time lapse video. Can be done with ML without wearing out shutter/mirror: Use movie options and decrease fps.

ETTR for single exposure shootings.

Ciao
Walter

markwears_pants

Quote from: Walter Schulz on August 07, 2013, 03:33:55 PM
For night shots:
Advanced Bracketing, of course!

Thanks Walter.

I've given it a go and it seems to change the shutter speed of my shots rather than just the exposure. I'll have to play around with it a little more I think. Don't want to ask too many questions in a thread that have been answered 100 times before.
thanks again!

Mark