7D Raw Thread

Started by noisyboy, August 05, 2013, 11:52:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arrinkiiii

Quote from: 1% on January 02, 2014, 12:21:23 AM
Ok, working somewhat decently now. Found the wind filter mutes external mics so if you're having that problem on an earlier build turn it off.

1728x972 can handle audio continuously, the larger sizes don't seem to do well with it.

That is good news! In ML is always xmas  :D

jman

Loaded the dec 31 TL 7d203...tried the mlv sound on seperate wave....i get no seperate wave file. also with gd on and histogram selected the histogram does not show in lv.

jman

Also with dec 31st TL....this appears in mlv2dng

jman

ok....loaded tragiclantern-v2.3.NEXT.2014Jan02.7D203....still no seperate wav file. Same thing as above with the mlv2dng. The histogram does not work in lv and the lv screen becomes messy with readouts on top of each other when recording. Is there something really wrong with what I'm doing with the setup?

jman

Please tell me if there is anything that shouldn't be on this card.

arrinkiiii

Quote from: arrinkiiii on January 01, 2014, 10:03:51 PM
Not yet fix the audio in MLV.

Quote from: 1% on January 02, 2014, 12:21:23 AM
Ok, working somewhat decently now. Found the wind filter mutes external mics so if you're having that problem on an earlier build turn it off.

1728x972 can handle audio continuously, the larger sizes don't seem to do well with it.

jman

Hi arrinkiiii...sure I saw this. 1% said it was somewhat working so I tried the Jan 2 build. No wav file captured. Really appreciate the effort to try and get sound !!!

gideonplus

I have the sound tested on my 7D with the above version installed and
it is working like a dreem .

jman

Quote from: gideonplus on January 02, 2014, 02:08:02 PM
I have the sound tested on my 7D with the above version installed and
it is working like a dreem .
Where is the wav file saved to? I have everything set up as needed but no wav file is saved to my card. Either in Normal or Seperate wave. Cheers !

jman

All is well. Didn't realize I needed mlvBrowseSharp to extract the wave file. Happy Happy !

1%

What histogram isn't working? I know the text has to be moved up in MLV rec when GD is on but thats about it... actually it needs the green indicator mixed in and a couple of fun things like color preview, etc.

jman

Quote from: 1% on January 02, 2014, 05:15:48 PM
What histogram isn't working? I know the text has to be moved up in MLV rec when GD is on but thats about it... actually it needs the green indicator mixed in and a couple of fun things like color preview, etc.
All is well. Now have the histogram. Reformatted and fresh install and we're good to go. Thanks. Sound is golden !  ;D

Northwinds

re the sound - really nice overall but problem with headphone monitoring.

I'm using the canon cable spliced with a 3.5mm female headphone jack socket and this function is great.

The problem is that turning the camera on again with the mini - usb canon lead plugged in gives a blank screen.
The only way out is to remove the min-usb, switch headphone monitoring off then on again and replug the mini-usb - at which point it works great again.
Just a minor point.

Cheers!

jimmyb

I noticed there's a Canon 7D 2.05 firmware on their website, which I upgraded to -- this thread says to update to the "most recent" 2.03.

Will the Magic Lantern/Tragic Lantern work with 2.05?  Anyone test and successfuL?

Thanks!

nick.p

Quote from: jimmyb on January 05, 2014, 06:49:40 AM
I noticed there's a Canon 7D 2.05 firmware on their website, which I upgraded to -- this thread says to update to the "most recent" 2.03.

Will the Magic Lantern/Tragic Lantern work with 2.05?  Anyone test and successfuL?

Thanks!
It's not compatible. Also ignore canon, downgrading doesn't brick your camera.

jairobbo

Hi,

here is a small demo how to get a risky but fun solution for filming in crop mode. I haven't scratched my sensor yet, and I hope it will not happen :) I ordered a cheap cctv lens from 3.5mm-8mm and I attached it to my *sigh* original canon body cap. It was cool to do and getting a new one is probably not so big a deal :)

here are some photo's:

5x crop mode:

normal mode:

my sacrificed canon cap ;)

the lens elements in a small body that go all the way into the 7d ><

There is still a part of the 5x crop not illuminated and my current ML gets stuck in 10x crop and I hope this will get fixed!

Jairobbo

darthvim

Hi,

i was reading here a lot but could not find a good anser, what is the highest resolution i can record continuous raw video ?
i need 4:3 aspect ratio for using it with anamorphic, so is some kind of 1560*1156 resolution possible ?

thanks in advance!

Viktor Fenster

Haha, that looks fun! With a bit more of a 'scientific' approach, this could perhaps allow for cheap modding of various amazing c-mount lenses for use with the 7D with 5x crop in ML, nice job!

Quote from: jairobbo on January 06, 2014, 12:48:40 PM

1%

heh, 2.05 is coming up, pel has most of it in his repo but It will have to be double checked/extra shit added. Not sure if anything relevant is in there even, they said it fixed 1 thing. of course might need a new installer or a downgrade/upgrade like 6D.

FYI, 5x crop and 10x crop are the same in terms of what you're capturing. 5/10x only affects the YUV. 10x right now is like hacked mode on digicV
actually on raw_rec you could shoot a full time color preview but might pink frame and lower speeds from GD and CPU load

valeriano89

I don't know if this is a correct thread to ask this question, but if recording raw video on 7D is possible, what about 4K 24p JPG??
I think 80mbps is enough speed for that... JPG is much better than H264... soo is it possible? :P

P.S. sorry for my English and if I asked this question in a wrong place :)
Canon 7D | Canon 10-22 | Canon 50mm 1.8 |

Danson Delta-40

4K TROOOOOLLLLLLLLL

this question has been asked, higher res h.264, shooting jpegs at 2k/4k, and ven raw 4k. Not possibru, or the devs dont see any point in it, which is kinda true.
GOING POSTAL SINCE 1995 BABY

africanmarty

first off great job everyone for their hard work. i have been on here quite along time and just love the community. i have recently tried the :

Nightly Builds "Updated from 1% repository (https://bitbucket.org/OtherOnePercent/tragic-lantern-6d/commits/all)
http://tl.bot-fly.com"

wich does work well and produce an audio track that is fantastic to sinc up to master audio track, however when i process a  MLV files in  mlvBrowseSharp and set the DNG and .wav option" and get the  DNGs + .wav audio file... but the RAW images are very under exposed and dark.

So i tried the command told "MLV-dump" and was able to extract the audio and DNG files (in which the dng files looked fantastic this time).

is there a setting i can turn off in  mlvBrowseSharp so the raw imaes are left as is and exported from the MLV unchanged. i;m sure uts just a setting im missing thanks in advance guys.

really appreciate it. A big fan from Melbourne Australia saying a big thankyou to the whole community.

- Marty.

bruscwillis

Hi,

I have been reading this thread for a while. I had a working version for my 7D installed, but i upgraded to 2.03 firmware at some point and I see there are some Tragic Lantern 2.03 firmwares.
I downloaded the latest files from here http://tl.bot-fly.com/ and I copied them on my 7D card and then I updated the firmware. It's doing something, but at then end it's freezing on a black screen so I had to remove the battery to restore the Canon menus. Do I need something else to install these?
I read that long post about installing 7D Raw firmware and there's a bspatch.exe file which needs to be used in command window. But also a booton.bsdiff file is needed to create the firmware update. I tried to do use bspatch.exe and booton.bsdiff with the 7D203.fir file found in the latest Tragic Lantern release and I got a message that booton.bsdiff is not the right one.
I am very sure that I am doing something wrong, so please .. if there is any topic or thread that describes how to do it right, please send me a link to follow.

Thanks

1%

Quotebut the RAW images are very under exposed and dark.

Try using the tools from g3gg0's thread on MLVBrowserSharp, I don't know if my mlv dumper is exactly right. I've always used the binaries from there with decent results.

bruscwillis

QuoteI'm working on audio right now (almost!). For the time lapse be wary of FPS override stopping, its mainly for raw crop mode. If you use it for time lapse the camera will lock up if video is stopped outside of the button and thats what looks like happened.
Sorry, I am reposting a previous message with a quote

Hi,

I have been reading this thread for a while. I had a working version for my 7D installed, but i upgraded to 2.03 firmware at some point and I see there are some Tragic Lantern 2.03 firmwares.
I downloaded the latest files from here http://tl.bot-fly.com/ and I copied them on my 7D card and then I updated the firmware. It's doing something, but at then end it's freezing on a black screen so I had to remove the battery to restore the Canon menus. Do I need something else to install these?
I read that long post about installing 7D Raw firmware and there's a bspatch.exe file which needs to be used in command window. But also a booton.bsdiff file is needed to create the firmware update. I tried to do use bspatch.exe and booton.bsdiff with the 7D203.fir file found in the latest Tragic Lantern release and I got a message that booton.bsdiff is not the right one.
I am very sure that I am doing something wrong, so please .. if there is any topic or thread that describes how to do it right, please send me a link to follow.

Thanks