7D Raw Thread

Started by noisyboy, August 05, 2013, 11:52:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hdclip

Quote from: ddp on December 18, 2013, 02:23:02 AM
Hi guys, how is the best cf card to record continous raw with the 7d? Appart of the komputerbay, maybe the lexar 1000x or the scandisk extreme pro 160mps?

Thanks in advance  :)
I have the Lexar 1000X and work's fine 1728X972. 25Fps
Canon 7D Sandisk Extreme 60MB/seg, Lexar 32Gb X1000

arrinkiiii

Got my machine back  :D   and im ready for more testings!   

Since the tl.bot-fly.com it's down, if some one can make a build with the latest changes i would appreciated a lot. I think some changes in the MLV module are made... I thinks the dev's need more input/testing from the new changes.

Let's go 7D fanatics...

vnguyen972

I recently used the DSLRController android app for monitoring and remote control and realized it doesn't work with Raw module on... took out the card and it worked... is it because the LV ? does anyone get it to work with raw recording?
Love my EOS7D!

hbr

@flofifull awesome job!

ddp

Quote from: hdclip on December 18, 2013, 09:59:58 AM
I have the Lexar 1000X and work's fine 1728X972. 25Fps

You mean continous? and at 50p?

hdclip

Quote from: ddp on December 18, 2013, 07:43:47 PM

You mean continous? and at 50p?

Yes I have continous, it goes to 2min at 1928X972 25fps without problem's..but with 50P I have around 10 15 sec at max resolution without crop...

ddp

Quote from: hdclip on December 18, 2013, 09:32:12 PM
Yes I have continous, it goes to 2min at 1928X972 25fps without problem's..but with 50P I have around 10 15 sec at max resolution without crop...

Cheers mate, many thanks! Only one thing, what build/setup are you using?

hdclip

Quote from: ddp on December 19, 2013, 12:34:46 AM
Cheers mate, many thanks! Only one thing, what build/setup are you using?

2/12/2013...;)

edwmotion

Now I can get 2k continuous.  2048 @ 24fps  1:35

vnguyen972

Quote from: edwmotion on December 19, 2013, 05:17:38 PM

.. in zoom mode?
Love my EOS7D!

Pelican

EOS 7D Mark II, EOS 7D, EOS 5, EOS 100 + lenses (10mm to 300mm), 600EX, 550EX, YN600EX x 3
EOScard, EOS DSLR firmwares, ARMu, NiControl, etc.: http://pel.hu/down

edwmotion

Quote from: vnguyen972 on December 19, 2013, 07:59:59 PM
.. in zoom mode?

Yes, with my new tokina 11-16 mm f2.8 it doesn't matter.

dmk

Quote from: arrinkiiii on December 18, 2013, 01:53:42 PM
Got my machine back  :D   and im ready for more testings!   

Since the tl.bot-fly.com it's down, if some one can make a build with the latest changes i would appreciated a lot. I think some changes in the MLV module are made... I thinks the dev's need more input/testing from the new changes.

Let's go 7D fanatics...

I have a virtual machine up at digitalocean that gets little traffic and doesn't use much disk space... I'd be happy to let it run an automated nightly build system if someone can supply a reliable cron script or however it's done. (my guess is it's something like 1) update git, 2) build, 3) export binaries with today's date- but I just can't put the time right now to experiment and better to be sure with the community's larger experience)

a1ex

You have a nightly builds system here: http://builds.magiclantern.fm/

But if you want to keep staying away from the main ML development, you are on your own.

jman

Quote from: a1ex on December 20, 2013, 09:27:16 AM
You have a nightly builds system here: http://builds.magiclantern.fm/

But if you want to keep staying away from the main ML development, you are on your own.
Hey a1ex...I don't see the 7D in your platforms.

a1ex

Since the code in the main repository got outdated, I've removed the nightly builds for these platforms. Check my signature to find out more.

Don't get me started. If you continue to stay away from the main ML development, I may get to a point where you will not see any source code from me again.

Pelican

Hey Alex,

Nobody wants to stay away from the main ML development.
As I and g3gg0 said it in your commit's comments the 7D platform was not outdated at all.
I proposed that I maintain the 7D platform but you never put it back.
I have no right to put it back to the main repo and you stated you don't merge nothing but patches.
So what can we do?
People want nightly builds and if you remove them then they will find the way how can they get them back.
Don't get me wrong but you are overreacting this a little bit.
If 7D TL brings solutions I will backport it to the main ML source.
EOS 7D Mark II, EOS 7D, EOS 5, EOS 100 + lenses (10mm to 300mm), 600EX, 550EX, YN600EX x 3

a1ex

I said I will setup the nightly builds as soon as you will submit your changes. I don't see anything 7D-related here: https://bitbucket.org/hudson/magic-lantern/pull-requests

If you think I'm overreacting, you should do some research and notice this issue is not new, it's been here for quite a few months. I'm simply not going to tolerate it any more. If no solution is found, I'll have no other choice than quitting the project; I'm sure you guys can do a lot better without me.

baldand

Quote from: Pelican on December 20, 2013, 10:56:51 AM
I have no right to put it back to the main repo and you stated you don't merge nothing but patches.

Doesn't putting it back just mean making a mercurial changeset that moves the 7D.203 sub dir up one level out of the "unmaintained" folder, and edits the Makefile.platform.map so that 7D.203 is not in the unmainained list? And then making a pull request for that so a1ex can merge it? Or do you see something else is needed?

CaronteGF

Quote from: edwmotion on December 19, 2013, 05:17:38 PM

How can you reccord at that resolution? Don´t need around 100Mb/s?

With the lastest build´s and Double buffer, i can reccord at 78Mb/s, wich gives me 4:3 1728x1036 continous. (75 Mb/s needed)
Single Buffer it´s a bit slower, aroung 77Mb/s

I have a Lexar 1000x, but i think it´s a bit slow.

Pelican

Quote from: baldand on December 20, 2013, 12:26:13 PM
Doesn't putting it back just mean making a mercurial changeset that moves the 7D.203 sub dir up one level out of the "unmaintained" folder, and edits the Makefile.platform.map so that 7D.203 is not in the unmainained list? And then making a pull request for that so a1ex can merge it? Or do you see something else is needed?

Done.

a1ex

Walter Schulz

Most recent TL versions (including Dec. 21th) won't run with my cam. Display remains black after Sensor Cleaning message. Last running version I found is Dec. 7th. Will proceed with this version.

Card benchmark with this version will not terminate properly. Stalling occurs at this point all the time.
Benchmarking with Nightly ML will do as expected.

Ciao
Walter

ted ramasola

walter,

Your installation must have been corrupted in some way as I'm testing the nightly dec 21 and have no problems with it in boot up and raw recording.
5DmkII  / 7D
www.ramasolaproductions.com
Texas

danistuta

Sorry...but with last ML is it now possible to use AF during video recording on 7d?
Thanks.