7D Raw Thread

Started by noisyboy, August 05, 2013, 11:52:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mityazabuben

Quote from: jman on December 05, 2013, 07:53:19 PM
I just retested in 5x crop. I can do, as you say 2048 x 872 at 2:35:1 in 5x with global draw ON. The card reads 73.6 mb/s on continuous. The benchmark pic for the card you will see on this page (84) under jman.
The card is a sandisk extreme pro 160 mb/s 1067x. Cheers.
wow. Even with crop 10x, GD off and speed >80Mb/s cant get such results(

LAKOF

Not sure if this is the right place for such a question, but I'm using the same build I use with RAW to record some h.264 (raw modules not loaded and raw video turned off) and want to monitor audio on some headphones via an A/V cable. The cable works, and I can hear the audio fine! But when I plug it in, it turns off the LCD, same behavior that I would expect when plugging in an SD monitor. I've tried every setting. Any ideas?

bikas

Just curious, what film back values should I put in tracking software, if I use crop mode? Normal mode is: 22.3x12.54

mucher

Loaded Britom's single buffer version and let it run till card's full, and the single buffer needs to be enabled in the Raw Video's advanced submenu. The Single buffer is slight faster than the double buffer version and seemingly much more consistent.

Haven't got any chance to field test the RAW video yet. Wish that there could be more options between 2054 to 2521, seeming under 2.35:1 and 2.39:1 aspects, 7D can get to something like 21XX x XXX

1%

Quotewow. Even with crop 10x, GD off and speed >80Mb/s cant get such results(

FPS override....

For the headphone toggle it when you boot up, won't work if you just plug in as the command has to go to the master.

jman

Crazy question here. Is there any way that while I'm recording in raw I could take a screen shot of the Liveview info ??

1%

I think from the menu you can do a screen shot 10s but it does a speed drop when you do. There is a buffer graph in MLV rec too.

jman

Quote from: 1% on December 07, 2013, 02:03:13 AM
I think from the menu you can do a screen shot 10s but it does a speed drop when you do. There is a buffer graph in MLV rec too.
Thanks 1%  !!

mucher

I calculate the sensor area used like this: Assuming that 5184 is the horizonal width of all the 7D sensor, 2054 horizonal resolution will mean: 2054 / 5184 x 22.3(mm) = 8.836 mm, if you use aspect like 2.35:1, the vertical area used in the sensor will be like 2054 / 5184 x 22.3 / 2.35 (the aspect ratio) = 3.76 mm. So you can see that ML can only use a tiny fraction of 7D's sensor. The diagonal length is like 9.6 mm, maybe only slight bigger than camcorders like XF300

LAKOF

Thanks 1%, toggling headphone monitor off and on after each boot works perfectly to prevent the screen from going black.

I'm sure you're busy coding important things like how to shoot 8k raw at 1000fps with a 7D, but is there any way to have the camera default at startup to headphone monitor off to avoid confusion? Or better yet to toggle the setting itself at boot if it's supposed to be on? (don't know if that's possible, just an idea)

Thanks again!

baldand

In case anyone is interested in 7D+MLV+1x+GD on+focus peaking...

I spent a few hours today building and testing different versions of tragic-lantern-6d from the past few weeks to try and find out which change caused the performance drop in MLV with GD on and focus peaking.

It turned out to be 10350:c849adc8291b, which lowered the writer_thread task priority from 0x05 to 0x1C in order to fix the pink frame problems. However, that task priority seems to be lower than almost every other task in the system, so it also reduced the write performance in the focus peaking case.

I played around with some different values against the current hg tip. For me, 0x10 still suffered pink frames, but 0x12 or 0x15 both seemed to give no pink/corrupted frames, and enough write performance for 16:9 1728x972 1x with GD on and focus peaking.

The diff looks something like this:

--- a/modules/mlv_rec/mlv_rec.c Wed Dec 04 23:55:38 2013 -0600
+++ b/modules/mlv_rec/mlv_rec.c Sat Dec 07 22:07:24 2013 +0200
@@ -2615,7 +2615,7 @@

if(cam_5d2 || cam_50d || cam_7d)
             {
-                base_prio = 0x1C;
+                base_prio = 0x12; // 0x12-0x15 gives no pink frames and allows GD+focus peaking. 0x10 gives pink frames
             }
             task_create("writer_thread", base_prio + writer, 0x1000, raw_writer_task, (void*)writer);

(Since I don't have 5d2 or 50d, I can't test if this change is working for them. It might need a special 7d-only block.)

arrinkiiii

This good news, no? Thank you baldand.

I not even try the last Trangic Lantern build because i can't in this moment but this is good news indeed.

1%

That must be the limit then.. all of these are the same so the change should work.

jsoucy

I have a question but not about raw.

I want to know if the 7D can do some overcrank like 1080p/48p or something like that. I know now it's don't work but I will like that if in the future we can do this with that beast!!!

alsey7

why stop there
1% why can i have 4k 3d

this guy already is running 16K
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkTN7Ayosq0

mucher

I am still wondering if it is possible that ML could borrow some codes from CHDK and export the RAW sequence, namely raw recording, without the need to go into crop mode, or, even, export jpg sequence directly, namely 5K video output. :D

a1ex

Just try it and let us know ;)

arrinkiiii

Quote from: jsoucy on December 10, 2013, 04:40:11 AM
I have a question but not about raw.

I want to know if the 7D can do some overcrank like 1080p/48p or something like that. I know now it's don't work but I will like that if in the future we can do this with that beast!!!

With the actual build you can make 1080p in 5x crop mode and 48 fps with fps overide.

a1ex

arrinkiiii

!?!? U can't record in crop mode x5 until 2k or near 2,5k a few seconds? And use fps override??

a1ex

Quote from: arrinkiiii on December 10, 2013, 12:50:12 PM
With the actual build you can make 1080p in 5x crop mode and 48 fps with fps overide.

Can you show the proof for this? Without arguing, if possible.

arrinkiiii

lol For 2 days that i don't have my camera, so... no, i can't.  But if you are talking like that is because it can't. I just remember 2 months ago try the fps override wend 1% fix it. But maybe this is an  questions for the specificity 48fps with the right 1080p. The sensor only can go to 17 and something...  Crop mode you can go to 2k?

Sorry for "arguing". Discussing for understand better and sorry for misleading other people with my post.  At least hope understand better this... and maybe help better this community.

Edit: Needed to phone a friend that have my camera and ask him what happen with the 7D fps override.

1980p with 48fps= NO

You only can make 48fps in 1728x694

jsoucy

thank's but I was not talking about raw but in h264