7D Raw Thread

Started by noisyboy, August 05, 2013, 11:52:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chris bouk

hey, guys...good evening from Greece...
after a lot of reading, I finished with my next step to ML by installing the autoboot Magic Lantern for 7D...obviously!
I took all new modules from tragic lantern, copy and replace the old ones, restart, my camera works fine but have some questions....
1) "flex info unconfigured" at the top of the screen....don't know what does it mean and not either if it's bad or good news!
2) I started to upload the modules and the message, "modules will be uploaded with the next start up" comes....
I'm doing the start up again.....nothing new....same messages....the "modules will be up........" nothing changes....for dual iso, raw recording....nothing...
I can't load the modules....what's going wrong?
3) when I'm trying to record a simple movie "MOV" my camera freezes...and a message "err" appears in the top screen...I have to remove the battery and start again...happened every time during recording....10" 5".....15".....movies....not RAW....MOV....(I can't load RAW modules.....!!!)
No one of the modules, works....
your help?

thank's in advance!!!!
Chris

arrinkiiii

Quote from: sebamax on November 15, 2013, 05:55:01 PM
Hi,
with mlv_mo, first and more frame corrupted.....with raw_mo all ok

Good to know, need to make more tests with mlv_mo. This happen with the latest tragic lantern build? What date ?

Quote from: chris bouk on November 15, 2013, 05:57:05 PM
hey, guys...good evening from Greece...
after a lot of reading, I finished with my next step to ML by installing the autoboot Magic Lantern for 7D...obviously!
I took all new modules from tragic lantern, copy and replace the old ones, restart, my camera works fine but have some questions....
1) "flex info unconfigured" at the top of the screen....don't know what does it mean and not either if it's bad or good news!
2) I started to upload the modules and the message, "modules will be uploaded with the next start up" comes....
I'm doing the start up again.....nothing new....same messages....the "modules will be up........" nothing changes....for dual iso, raw recording....nothing...
I can't load the modules....what's going wrong?
3) when I'm trying to record a simple movie "MOV" my camera freezes...and a message "err" appears in the top screen...I have to remove the battery and start again...happened every time during recording....10" 5".....15".....movies....not RAW....MOV....(I can't load RAW modules.....!!!)
No one of the modules, works....
your help?

thank's in advance!!!!
Chris

Uhmmmm, something is wrong for sure. What i advice to do...

-Format your card
-Then use EOScard from Pelican and make the card bootable 
-Copy/past the last Tragic Lantern Build from http://tl.bot-fly.com/  (you just need to pass the modules folder and the autoexec.bin in their respective places)

Lets see what happen after this  :)

chris bouk

you mean this : http://tl.bot-fly.com/tragiclantern-Tragic.2013Nov14.7D203.zip?
I did that.....
but I will try it again....
thank you!

chris bouk

and what about the 7D_203.fir? I don't touch it....really?

chris bouk

...ok....just fine...I did all the procedure from the beginning....now I think everything is working welll.....camera no freeezes anymore....
thank you arriikiiii!

szigiszmund

You don't need 7D_203.fir.

1%

Quote...this last Saturday went to record in raw_mo one indoor night party and the image is full of this vertical banding/noise/pattern. And this event just happen in that date... Im trying to figure out what i can do for save this images... in post what im doing is lower the blacks/dark/shadows areas for not be so notice... but it's not the best solution.

I think I have to check out how the banding correction works on 5DIII and apply that to 7D as a start. I think the pattern is different. Its def in the CR2 as well.. also you could try the chroma smoothing in raw2dng but don't know if that will be a super solution.

arrinkiiii

Quote from: 1% on November 15, 2013, 11:00:09 PM
I think I have to check out how the banding correction works on 5DIII and apply that to 7D as a start. I think the pattern is different. Its def in the CR2 as well.. also you could try the chroma smoothing in raw2dng but don't know if that will be a super solution.

Yes, please, please  :D  It's a start, see how it will work/affect in the 7D with the banding/noise/pattern correction from the III... It's a very bad/ugly noise/pattern/banding/...  at least at video mode.

Edit: How i can try the chromatic smoothing in raw2dng? 

(more one challenge, luv this game =)

RenatoPhoto

http://www.pululahuahostal.com  |  EF 300 f/4, EF 100-400 L, EF 180 L, EF-S 10-22, Samyang 14mm, Sigma 28mm EX DG, Sigma 8mm 1:3.5 EX DG, EF 50mm 1:1.8 II, EF 1.4X II, Kenko C-AF 2X

arrinkiiii

Thanks Renato, going to try  :)

britom

Can anybody share a link to mlv_dump.exe please? i cant find it anywhere and i want to include it in the 7d builds thread
7D Builds with RAW support: http://bit.ly/14Llzda

RenatoPhoto

You can compile it from the main repository in the mlv_rec module.  Actually it does it automatically!
http://www.pululahuahostal.com  |  EF 300 f/4, EF 100-400 L, EF 180 L, EF-S 10-22, Samyang 14mm, Sigma 28mm EX DG, Sigma 8mm 1:3.5 EX DG, EF 50mm 1:1.8 II, EF 1.4X II, Kenko C-AF 2X

Midphase

Hello guys,

So I've been using my 5D3 for raw since back in June and I'm pretty happy with the results. Now a couple of friends with 7D's want to get into the game and I'm trying to help them out.

I have a couple of questions for you 7D guys that hopefully can be answered fairly easily, here they go:

1. What is the maximum sustained (24fps) resolution that can be reliably achieved in crop mode? (2.35:1 is fine)

2. Would my friends need to purchase 1000X CF cards or are they overkill on the 7D? If so what is the recommended speed, 800X?

3. What is the largest size CF card that the 7D will work with? I know that ML prefers to be installed on smaller cards, on the 5D3 this isn't an issue since ML can be installed on a separate SD card, but what's the deal on the 7D?

4. Any problems monitoring through an external HDMI monitor? What about file playback, is it pretty much the same as on the 5D (i.e. kinda crappy)?

Many thanks!

britom

@Renato actually i can't, i get this warnings:

/home/magiclantern/mingw32/bin/i686-w64-mingw32-gcc: 1: /home/magiclantern/mingw32/bin/i686-w64-mingw32-gcc: ELF: not found
/home/magiclantern/mingw32/bin/i686-w64-mingw32-gcc: 2: /home/magiclantern/mingw32/bin/i686-w64-mingw32-gcc: H���%�1h��%: not found
/home/magiclantern/mingw32/bin/i686-w64-mingw32-gcc: 3: /home/magiclantern/mingw32/bin/i686-w64-mingw32-gcc: �1h��%�1h��%��1h��%��1h��%��1h��%��1h��%��1h�1�I��^H��H���PTI����CH����CH��P�@�����H�H�9�1H��t��H�������������UH��SH��=: not found
/home/magiclantern/mingw32/bin/i686-w64-mingw32-gcc: 4: /home/magiclantern/mingw32/bin/i686-w64-mingw32-gcc: ���P���: not found
/home/magiclantern/mingw32/bin/i686-w64-mingw32-gcc: 5: /home/magiclantern/mingw32/bin/i686-w64-mingw32-gcc: ���1H�[��U�p�JH��H��t���q���P胦: not found
/home/magiclantern/mingw32/bin/i686-w64-mingw32-gcc: 6: /home/magiclantern/mingw32/bin/i686-w64-mingw32-gcc: Syntax error: ")" unexpected
make: *** [lzma/Threads.w32.o] Error 2
7D Builds with RAW support: http://bit.ly/14Llzda

mucher

I really wish that Canon can issue new firmware to unlock exFAT and give 7D more write speed.

arrinkiiii

Quote from: mucher on November 17, 2013, 02:34:45 AM
I really wish that Canon can issue new firmware to unlock exFAT and give 7D more write speed.

Would be great indeed  :)

mityazabuben

Compare raw2cdng v.1.3.0 and raw2dng with 7D footage. Here is a result: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B2NWwDUimG9cbS1mWFRtaXgzSFU&usp=sharing
Left part is a raw2dng, right is a raw2Cdng. Import to Photoshop via ACR as is - nothing was changed. On a raw2cdng dng file clearly one can see color moire on a roofs (blue + yellow). What am I doing wrong?

RenatoPhoto

Quote from: britom on November 16, 2013, 08:12:20 PM
@Renato actually i can't, i get this warnings:

I get the errors when I compile for raw2dng.exe in the raw_rec module.  But in the mlv_rec module all I do is make clean and make and it makes the mlv_dump.exe along with the other binaries so g3g00 has fixed it.  I use a virtualbox running under window7 64 bits.

RenatoPhoto

I was not aware that exFat gives more write speed??  Do you have any links to tests?

mucher

G, I am not sure of that exFAT speed, but FAT32, that EOS7D uses, is rumourly known to have a huge file table or something that jams the CPU's L2 or L3...... 8)

I actually meaned to have 2 things: exFAT, AND, more write speed. Excuse my ambiguity.

mucher

ExFat can improve write speed? Maybe yes, it is not sure, but definitely you need to disable FAT32 support first -- these are totally based on speculations. ;D

arrinkiiii

For speed I don't know but I think with exfat we can record one file bigger then 4GB, without splitting.

Ozgur

I really wish that Canon would come up with a new firmware that would allow raw video capability on default. Greedy bastards!

wololo

Someone knows why anamorphic mode is not activated in external monitors?

CaronteGF

Quote from: Ozgur on November 17, 2013, 07:12:07 PM
I really wish that Canon would come up with a new firmware that would allow raw video capability on default. Greedy bastards!

I read in someplace that Canon can´t allow other format system instead of FAT32, becouse if they allow it, the cameras would be considered Videocameras and not just  photography cameras (And that means more and more expensive taxes in Europe and America).

Someone can tell me how fine is the record now?. I read the whole thread, but (as you can see) i don´t speak english very well and cant understand a lot of explications. I´m worried about the drop/wrong frames more than resolution. How viable is use raw for professional works?

See you!