7D Raw Thread

Started by noisyboy, August 05, 2013, 11:52:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OSCA LEE

ok....it worked....

WHATEVER THE MAGIC LANTERN JEDI'S HAVE DONE WITH THAT NIGHTLY NOV112013. IT FIXED ALL MY ISSUES WHEN SHOOTING RAW

Walter Schulz

Quote from: hdclip on November 13, 2013, 09:15:27 PMCiao Walter!!!!!!sorry for my english...

I'm not able to understand your request. You may use your native language instead.

Ciao
Walter

hdclip

do not understand the second explication??? not Chinese ... :)
Canon 7D Sandisk Extreme 60MB/seg, Lexar 32Gb X1000

hdclip

Lo que quiero decir es que el archivo que obtienes despues de una grabacion, es un archivo RAW, que despues conviertes en DNG´s...Mi pregunta es si en vez de convertir esos archivos RAW en DNG´s, convertirlos en Ejemplo un Quicktime RAW R3D u obetenerlo directamente algo que sea mas compatible con Prmeiere u otro programa de postproduccion.
Saludos Walter desde España!!!!

datax

RAW recording used to work perfectly for me.

But since a few days I am getting corrupted frames in quite a few videos.
Usually 2-3 Frames with a pinkish noise.

Like this:

Habe been using Oct26 build and changed to Nov09 build, but with the same problems.

juanmelchor

Quote from: hdclip on November 13, 2013, 09:32:10 PM
Lo que quiero decir es que el archivo que obtienes despues de una grabacion, es un archivo RAW, que despues conviertes en DNG´s...Mi pregunta es si en vez de convertir esos archivos RAW en DNG´s, convertirlos en Ejemplo un Quicktime RAW R3D u obetenerlo directamente algo que sea mas compatible con Prmeiere u otro programa de postproduccion.
Saludos Walter desde España!!!!

Hola amigo. Cuando codificas el Raw con la app: Raw2dng consigues también un archivo MOV con codec ProRes. ¿No te sirve?

Hello friend. When you encode the raw with the app Raw2dng also get a MOV with ProRes codec. Do not you use? (Google Translate)

hdclip

Si me sirve pero no con las ventajas del RAW...de todas formas estoy encantado con los DNG, lo decia porque eso ya seria increible, no?

mrnv45

Quote from: datax on November 13, 2013, 10:02:26 PM
RAW recording used to work perfectly for me.

But since a few days I am getting corrupted frames in quite a few videos.
Usually 2-3 Frames with a pinkish noise.

Like this:

Habe been using Oct26 build and changed to Nov09 build, but with the same problems.

is this importing into AE? or is this how it looks once you convert to .dng?

if its in AE.   

when importing select All Files - Camera Raw - Raw Sequence - Import

thats what mine was doing in the import till i changed around the file settings when importing.

datax

Jared

hi guys I share a short film I made in completely RAW VIDEO, thank you very much to all who are participating in the development of the builds and all those who have helped me with my problems using the magic lanter, thank you very much again and enjoy

SHOT IN RAW!!!
EROS "the other side of love"
EROS "La otra Cara del Amor"

Photographer, Videographer, RawVideo Lover.
Canon 7D / Canon 5DMKIII

britom

Hi guys, i've got a question. Can the vertical banding be corrected in some automatic way? Or can be made some custom mlv2dng for the 7d so we dont get more banding?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jm22o24jn3sbx2f/000056.dng
7D Builds with RAW support: http://bit.ly/14Llzda

arrinkiiii

Hi britom,

Can you post one dng with this banding ?   Thanks =))

hdclip

Hi jared, I do not have time to see the quality of the RAW, that anguish!! Good Job!!!!

mucher

Hi, Britom,

I have tested 2 indoors shots before, one with the contrast set to 0, the other with the contrast set to -4, which is the less contrast EOS allows to set, and both shots were shot with RAW_rec.mo and converted to video by AE through camera raw.  It has been noticed that: the one shot with contrast=0 has significantly less to unnoticeable vertical bandings, while the other has fairly obvious bandings in the dark areas.  So the little experiment shows that settings like contrast (and probably WB...off topic already) might have very significant impact on the RAW captures which in form is in *.raw files. But higher contrast settings have not been tested yet.

Hope this will help. ;D

1%

They shouldn't. None of the picture style settings should affect the raw. The banding is in my still photos too and people always complained about banding in the shadows on 7D.. can it be corrected, probably. It was on 5DIII to some extent via raw2dng

arrinkiiii

Hope this can be fix  :-\ 

...this last Saturday went to record in raw_mo one indoor night party and the image is full of this vertical banding/noise/pattern. And this event just happen in that date... Im trying to figure out what i can do for save this images... in post what im doing is lower the blacks/dark/shadows areas for not be so notice... but it's not the best solution.

tonybeccar

Thank you SO much 1%! Was testing these last 2 days the "peaking while recording" function.. I did all interviews.. very simple camera work.. did not change any settings while recording.. not even magic zoom.. But I didnt notice ANY performance issues whatsoever.. tomorrow I'll be in a more run n gun style.. will report back!! Thanks so much for listening!!

Also.. does it work on external hdmi monitor? I activated the Peaking and I'm not sure if it was "veeeeery slightly sharper" or if it didnt work at all.. Do you know something about it?

Cheers!!!!

PS: Oh and one more thing! Maybe I'm not aware of... can the sound bars be removed from the display? I'd like other information to show such as file name and others, it's also distracting for some types of work.. I notice when I press half shutter they show up and bars are hidden.. I think in the stable ML there is an option in the Audio menu.. isnt it here? Thanks again! :)

Edit 2: Monitor's resolution is 800x480 I think.. the most common one..

tonybeccar

Quote from: dfgh on November 11, 2013, 04:47:32 PM
Here is something I shot recently using ML 7D RAW

http://vimeo.com/79097919

Wow that's EXCELLENT!!! Video AND quality!!!! I wonder.. did you have a VAF filter on the 7D? If you did.. what do you think of doing Wide Shots with everything in focus? Does it come close to the 5D3? Is it worth it?

Thanks!

dmk

Quick worst-case scenario test frame grabs with and without VAF-7D. (1728x972). Residential window screen. Not exactly same focus, but works for a reference idea in case anyone's more curious about how the filter works:

nick.p

OSCA LEE

Quote from: dmk on November 15, 2013, 01:41:16 PM
Quick worst-case scenario test frame grabs with and without VAF-7D. (1728x972). Residential window screen. Not exactly same focus, but works for a reference idea in case anyone's more curious about how the filter works:

Well I was going to wait but now I see I will go ahead and get the VAF filter

dmk

And a basic flowers test :)

I'm not sure if the strobbing is due to wrong shutter speed, framerate conversion somewhere or ml... will need to test that out some more

datax

Quote from: datax on November 13, 2013, 10:02:26 PM
Like this:

So I guess no one else has problems with frames like this?
Or do you just have to deal with it until the releases stabilize?

arrinkiiii

Hi datax, did you install the latest build from Tragic Lantern? With raw_mo i getting no issues, with mlv_raw i think you just get th first frame corrupted. Need to make more testings, my card is a sandisk 8GB 60MB's

sebamax

Quote from: arrinkiiii on November 15, 2013, 05:20:35 PM
Hi datax, did you install the latest build from Tragic Lantern? With raw_mo i getting no issues, with mlv_raw i think you just get th first frame corrupted. Need to make more testings, my card is a sandisk 8GB 60MB's
Hi,
with mlv_mo, first and more frame corrupted.....with raw_mo all ok