7D Raw Thread

Started by noisyboy, August 05, 2013, 11:52:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arrinkiiii

After install the last nightly build from 1%  go to the tab of modules and load raw_mo and you will see that icon wend u start to record. If mlv_mo are already loaded  just unloaded.

After this, go to video tab and activate the raw video and chose your frame rate and other settings that you want.

tonybeccar

1%

Yup, you guy can try it now if you compile. Still drops some MB, might not matter if you're only recording <1000px vertical resolution

blackjack102

Quote from: froess on November 05, 2013, 01:06:48 PM
Hello,

I'm new in the forum. After some exausting time searching for 60p in the 7d raw video topic, i haven't found anything.

Is it possible to record 60p ar 1280x720 resolution?

Thank you.

Froess

Yes, it can. You need to play around and find what you like.

I used 720 at 60 fps and no crop. I can't stand with crop but you can use crop and higher resolution. I made two videos with 60 fps but different post process:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6qjWMT68XU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9QfdtYAlAQ

ted ramasola

Quote from: 1% on November 05, 2013, 09:59:39 PM
Yup, you guy can try it now if you compile. Still drops some MB, might not matter if you're only recording <1000px vertical resolution

Tested it. No problems for me, so far. Thank you for putting the option of turning it ON and OFF.
5DmkII  / 7D
www.ramasolaproductions.com
Texas

dmk

Quick question- when not using FPS override we can assume frame rate is canon native? (i.e. 23.976 not exactly 24 when set to 24 in canon menu)

ted ramasola

Quote from: dmk on November 06, 2013, 08:41:21 AM
Quick question- when not using FPS override we can assume frame rate is canon native? (i.e. 23.976 not exactly 24 when set to 24 in canon menu)

correct.
5DmkII  / 7D
www.ramasolaproductions.com
Texas

dmk

DragonFlame

Quote from: dmk on November 06, 2013, 08:41:21 AM

Quote from: ted ramasola on November 06, 2013, 08:59:17 AM
correct.

While that's true in normal mode I have read that in zoom modes it defaults to 30 FPS when not using FPS override, I have not tested the FPS override so can't be sure, maybe someone can confirm that.

arrinkiiii

Quote from: DragonFlame on November 06, 2013, 12:25:04 PM
While that's true in normal mode I have read that in zoom modes it defaults to 30 FPS when not using FPS override, I have not tested the FPS override so can't be sure, maybe someone can confirm that.

Correct  :)

ddp

Quote from: pulala_8 on November 05, 2013, 12:59:34 AM
Yes i had no problem at all and i am using a transcend 600x 32gb card

Cool, what settings do you have? I mean allow skip frames and stuff...
Thanks

ddp

Hi,

Im trying to use the "tragic lantern builds" but not appear the raw video option.  :'(
The old version i have "[7D]PopStop" has it.

There's another builds with raw support?

Thanks!

arrinkiiii

Quote from: ddp on November 06, 2013, 10:00:54 PM
Hi,

Im trying to use the "tragic lantern builds" but not appear the raw video option.  :'(
The old version i have "[7D]PopStop" has it.

There's another builds with raw support?

Thanks!

?!?!? 

Go to modules tab in ML menu and load the raw_mo  then go to video tab and activate it and chose your frame rate an settings.

Assuming that you already boot your camera for use the new features in your camera.

ddp

Quote from: arrinkiiii on November 06, 2013, 10:13:08 PM
?!?!? 

Go to modules tab in ML menu and load the raw_mo  then go to video tab and activate it and chose your frame rate an settings.

Assuming that you already boot your camera for use the new features in your camera.

Boot my card you mean?

arrinkiiii

mrnv45

yuhthe Raw_rec module in the newest TL isnt in there.

what i did was just drag and dropped the Modules instead of the folder.  and just replaced with the ones already there that are doubled

arrinkiiii

It's true, don't know why is not there.

1%

NOV2 has raw_rec but not MLV_REC dunno, what happened there, my make -C still adds raw_rec

arrinkiiii

mrnv45, just download the version that 1%  mention and pass to your card/ modules the raw_mo  and you r good to go.

gcbotas

Helo! past weekend I made this video. A lot of fun with Raw recording.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiGdQMX2qss&feature=youtu.be

Greetings !

danistuta

What's the last Raw module? where Can i donwload? Thanks.

1%

Grab from nov 2nd, its not compiling new ATM and 3rd/4th had raw_rec missing.

disskee

Hi, just installed ML from thread - http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=7752.0
I observed strange pixels on the bottom of image.
No matter what resolution, white line is always there.
If anyone can help and explain why is that I would be grateful.
I use Pretec CF x567, Canon 7D, 50mm f/1,8II, macOSX

DragonFlame

Quote from: disskee on November 09, 2013, 02:10:31 PM
Hi, just installed ML from thread - http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=7752.0
I observed strange pixels on the bottom of image.
No matter what resolution, white line is always there.
If anyone can help and explain why is that I would be grateful.
I use Pretec CF x567, Canon 7D, 50mm f/1,8II, macOSX

The build on that page is from back in august, I believe that version is out of date and had issues with vertical resolutions above 600, check to see if the problem shows up on very low resolutions if not you need to get a newer version, you can find a lot of them here.
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=7987.0

Lanre

Hi!

I have tested the RAW recording function with my 7D with good success but today I recorded first time longer clips, like over 3 minutes. I'm unable to convert the bigger clips to DNG-files (I tried both RawMagic and Raw2dng). On the CFcard the longer clips also have one or two .R00 -files with the same file name. I have read these threads and remember someone mentioning a file size limit.. Could you please help me and tell if there is a way to convert those bigger files to Dng sequences. Thanks!

(I used the latest 8Nov built)