Started by noisyboy, August 05, 2013, 11:52:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jman

Sorry I meant WITHOUT global draw on.

dfgh

I shot this with the raw capability on the latest ML

https://vimeo.com/77804175

rawmania

Without  vaf filter seems very interesting that we cannot see any moire?
Any post production applied?
Thanks

rawmania

Quote from: mityazabuben on October 23, 2013, 02:24:32 PM
A little test:

Without  vaf filter seems very interesting that we cannot see any moire?
Any post production applied?
Thanks

ps. sorry for double posting

mityazabuben

No moire only when shoot in a crop mode. Import to AE through ACR with a little post processing.

rawmania

Aquablue71

hi,

i hope this is the right thread. i have tow issues with Sound. I defined to have a seperate sound file. Now i got new sound files added to each movie. But there seems to be 2 strange issues.
1. The name: when i create a new movie the name is like MVI_2621.MOV, but the sound file has the name MVI_2620.WAV
2. Playing the file: everytime i try to play these file i got the error message: Error
File: G:\DCIM\100EOS7D\MVI_2620.WAV
Code: -2147024895 (80070001)
-------------------------
Format: 44100 Hz / 32 Bit / Stereo

Is there something i have to do to play these files? or do i need some special tool?
Thanks for the help

Aquablue71

sorry missed the half of the message:.....

Code: 5 (00000005)

arrinkiiii

Quote from: Aquablue71 on October 27, 2013, 02:16:22 PM
hi,

i hope this is the right thread. i have tow issues with Sound. I defined to have a seperate sound file. Now i got new sound files added to each movie. But there seems to be 2 strange issues.
1. The name: when i create a new movie the name is like MVI_2621.MOV, but the sound file has the name MVI_2620.WAV
2. Playing the file: everytime i try to play these file i got the error message: Error
Code: -2147024895 (80070001)
-------------------------
Format: 44100 Hz / 32 Bit / Stereo

Is there something i have to do to play these files? or do i need some special tool?
Thanks for the help

What is the version of Magic Lantern that you are using ?  I think in the new build the separeted audio already works with the same number that the video.

http://tl.bot-fly.com/

1%

The audio is 4800, 2 channel 16 bit. Open in sound forge or audacity to fix the header, otherwise its 6 hours long.

Aquablue71

Thanks 1% i will do this.

arrinkiii: it seems i used a older version :). when i use the never version. Do i also have to use the new fir and autoexec file or can i stay on my "old" one?

thanks for the help :)

arrinkiiii

You need to replace the 2 files and also the module folder and you are set to go  :D   

Aquablue71

arrinkiii: so far it worked fine, but it seems that this version still hase different names.

1%: i installed now audacity, i try to change to the settings that you described, but it seems not working. Can you give me a short hint how to change the header with that tool, that it is working.
thanks

1%

You have to open the unmolested files with audacity and resave. If you used something else then I dunno because nothing is set to 44.1

arrinkiiii

This error also happen to... but after in premiere (i dont know why) it just work.  I have open the files in Cubase but any sound editor just work fine.

With my sound card, wend i have open after effects and premiere i got problems with sound, don't yet find the issue, if i open sound in AE after in Premiere the sound just don't play. Need to close everything and open again only the premiere. I think one is in 48khz and the other in 41khz and the sound card just go crazy.

For solve the huge length of audio, until been fix, open in any sound editor, cut the extra lenght with  no sound save again with same name and you are good to go. I din't do this, i just export the sound under de video in premiere and then just cut the extra.

In the begging wend i try the listen the sound from a clip in premiere the file just didn't have nothing, try open in media player, bsplayer and nothing, it just give's me a error... open in cubase and the sound are there... open again in premiere and everything is good, just needed to cut the extra length. Also see if your sound card accept 48khz audio files (that should) and premiere are working with that number.

Believe me, first time open the sound in premiere and din'd listen nothing... i just went crazy...!!! but in the end everything went ok.

hdclip

Hello!!!!!! i just bought a Lexar 1000x and i want to know if I need to do this (  http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=7464.0 ) for the magic lantern is self-executing on turn on or just  format in ext fat32 just copy the files???Thank You very much and sorry for my English, thankyou translator!!!!!!! ;)
Canon 7D Sandisk Extreme 60MB/seg, Lexar 32Gb X1000

1%

Yea, premiere and vegas have issues if its not re-saved. Vegas dupes it for 6 hours so you have your audio repeating over and over :)

Jared

Good day Guys,
* One question!
Any build is available to record the audio?
if so, I would appreciate that indicate it is and how to use it,
thank you very much. :)
Photographer, Videographer, RawVideo Lover.
Canon 7D / Canon 5DMKIII

1%

You can do H264 canon audio w/ audio controls. You can do wav with H264 as well with length problems like on anything else.

For raw you can't even have 1728x1152 + GD so no room for audio unless you really want to shrink the video size.

Jared

I mean that if I recorded in raw, I can not record audio separately?
(I'm just recording in 1280x720)

* I also could indicate that this stable build to date? those of tragic lantern?

Thanx! :)
Canon 7D / Canon 5DMKIII

1%

You might be able to pull it off with 720P, not sure. Try it. Start recording from the sound recorder and then raw.

You decide if its stable or not :) No magic formula to determine if its stable or not besides using it.

arrinkiiii

Quote from: 1% on October 28, 2013, 04:19:35 PM
Yea, premiere and vegas have issues if its not re-saved. Vegas dupes it for 6 hours so you have your audio repeating over and over :)

Yes, in premiere the wav sound file have the recorded audio and then silence for long length (didn't see how long). Just need to click and move to the right length of the audio clip , easy =)) 

Jared

thank you very much for your help @1%
Canon 7D / Canon 5DMKIII

dmk

Yay, I finally got my CF cards!! Can't wait to play with this tonight or tomorrow... but first two questions:

1) Is http://tl.bot-fly.com/ the permalink to the most recent builds?

2) It seems that site is building nightlies automatically... is that the right way to go, or is there a "stable alpha" (I know, oxymoron) sort of build there?

dmk

Also, is it too much to ask for a quick list of ways to get best performance with specifics? i.e. disable global draw, set stills to jpg mode, things like that?