7D Raw Thread

Started by noisyboy, August 05, 2013, 11:52:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LiFou

Hi guys! So i haven't been here a two montHs and im curious if there is any new stuff in ML for 7D? I was going through this thread and found that it's possible to shoot 1080p but only in crop mode and the continuous resolution is something about 1728x972px  no crop. But maybe i something overlooked, so could someone write me some recapitulation of the last ML version? Pleeeaase guys  :)

PressureFM

Quote from: LiFou on October 23, 2013, 04:33:30 PM
Hi guys! So i haven't been here a two montHs and im curious if there is any new stuff in ML for 7D? I was going through this thread and found that it's possible to shoot 1080p but only in crop mode and the continuous resolution is something about 1728x972px  no crop. But maybe i something overlooked, so could someone write me some recapitulation of the last ML version? Pleeeaase guys  :)

Instead of expecting people to spoon feed you, why don't you make yourself a nice cup of warm cocoa, don your reading glasses and start reading the thread? ;)

Sometimes it doesn't hurt to do a bit of work to learn something new.

1%

Quoteto allowing bars to draw with GD off. But maybe it's not.

The white bars were OK and did just this. The overlay style blackout I'm not sure about.
I'm actually a fan of seeing the whole screen.

Quote1728x972px

Meh, with JPEG quality, hence all memory available, I can work up to ~full size 1X (1728x1152) on the first recording now.

stevefal

QuoteI'm actually a fan of seeing the whole screen.

Not me. I find composing harder when out-of-frame image is visible
Steve Falcon

1%

Thats why it should have been a setting.

mityazabuben

Hi. I want to ask 1% - maybe you can help me and direct me where I can find some info about RAW file format. Recently, I accidently delete some RAW files and need pattern to recover them. Thanks.

1%

Testdisk and other recovery programs should get the files back. Then you can add a header from a good file and replace the frame count or resolution.

stevelucky

Quote from: m1ke on October 23, 2013, 01:51:43 PM
hdclip - I think this is now in the nightly builds - you could look here: http://tl.bot-fly.com/ - the usual warnings about this being untested alpha code apply.

I just installed the most recent nightly build but couldn't see the indicator when recording MLV RAW. Is there something that I need to turn on to see it (I tried it with global draw both on and off)?

EDIT: Nevermind, I see it now. I see that it's only for the raw_rec module and not MLV.

1%

It still has to be added to MLV, should be in raw_rec

deC9r

how to install tragiclatern? copy paste on cf card via cf card reader?

hdclip

m1ke, Your contribution seems just perfect...Thank you very much for all!!!!!!!!this is wonderfull....
Canon 7D Sandisk Extreme 60MB/seg, Lexar 32Gb X1000

alsey7

Wait what?? 1% you are able to record at 1728x1152  at 1x with setting set to jpeg. When did this happen. Or I'm I missing something. I read this thread everyday. Explain yourself is it in the latest tl build

1%

uhm, I've been able to do the 1728x1152 (or 56 if you want i guess) for a while now. If you're on 25P then you might have to do the 1038.

rhythmg

Quote from: britom on August 22, 2013, 09:49:06 PM
HOLY FUCK!

So after my brain almost exploded, i managed to make liveview work while recording. I guess the problem was that we were not using a free edmac channel.

Original edmac-memcpy.c was using channel 0x11, that was busy in the debug menu.
#else
uint32_t edmac_read_chan = 0x19;
uint32_t edmac_write_chan = 0x11;

So i added this line so it uses channel 0x04 instead
#elif defined(CONFIG_7D)
uint32_t edmac_read_chan = 0x19; 
uint32_t edmac_write_chan = 0x04;

Liveview now works while recording but the recording rectangle disapeared. Lets continue working :)

Here's the new autoexec.bin:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ifyeas56ltuqhg1/P-PeTt1Llz

Don't forget to copy the modules too. Im not a programmer by the way, so im probably misunderstanding some things.

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK :P

Edit: I just reviewed the files that i recorded and they're empty, so i'm probably an idiot :P. Anyone can confirm?

Edit 2: Changed to 0x05 to 0x04. Updated autoexec.bin. Some pink and skipped frames on my slow card, but liveview works! I will continue to try new values.

I'm a newbie here and before I ask my question I would like to share that I have read all 68 pages of this forum over and over again for 4 days now.  I have also been on bitbucket and goggle and I'm unable to resolve my live view freezing when recording live video.   I have installed the ML on my 7D and it's working great!!  I'm not a programmer so I'm unable to understand whats going here.  I saw this post" changing the line "uint32_t edmac_write_chan = 0x11;" to "uint32_t edmac_write_chan = 0x04;" on the edmac-memcpy.c file." What is that and do I edit this.  Can someone help me.  I'm going crazy over. I can follow simple direction, or can someone share the files that I need so I can copy it to my CF card?  Before I forget I would like to thank everyone here who have worked really hard on this codes.  THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!  I TRULY GREATFUL!!!!   

1%

uint32_t edmac_read_chan = 0x0A;  /*Read 0x19 0x0D 0x0B 0x0A(82MB/S)*/
uint32_t edmac_write_chan = 0x06; /* Write 0x5 0x6 0x4 (LV) */

This is the best I've found.

rhythmg

Quote from: 1% on October 25, 2013, 06:09:34 AM
uint32_t edmac_read_chan = 0x0A;  /*Read 0x19 0x0D 0x0B 0x0A(82MB/S)*/
uint32_t edmac_write_chan = 0x06; /* Write 0x5 0x6 0x4 (LV) */

This is the best I've found.

Understood, and thank you, but how do you install this.  I don't know how or what to do with these codes. This there some kind of instructions?  I search all 68 pages and didn't find it.  I goggled and couldn't find it.

mityazabuben

Quote from: 1% on October 24, 2013, 05:43:51 PM
Testdisk and other recovery programs should get the files back. Then you can add a header from a good file and replace the frame count or resolution.
Ive looked some RAW files and cant find coomon pattern in the header (if it exist). Only at the end of file I found some common, but cant figure it out whats in there...

britom

Quote from: rhythmg on October 25, 2013, 06:46:25 AM
Understood, and thank you, but how do you install this.  I don't know how or what to do with these codes. This there some kind of instructions?  I search all 68 pages and didn't find it.  I goggled and couldn't find it.

Those codes are already included in the latest builds here: http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=7987
7D Builds with RAW support: http://bit.ly/14Llzda

hdclip

someone has noticed excessive battery consumption???even after turning off the camera with the 15% or 20% the next day exhausted battery....
Canon 7D Sandisk Extreme 60MB/seg, Lexar 32Gb X1000

1%

Only if you've improperly shut down or removed the card too quickly. There is no LED blink like the other cameras. So after pulling the card power the camera on/off. If it didn't power on card was removed too soon and there goes your battery if you leave it like this.

stevefal

Can anyone imagine a safeguard for this? Some kind of watchdog process? Or some kind of "ok to remove card" signal/UI?
Steve Falcon

1%

I'm not sure if the blink is from ML or from canon, maybe a1ex knows?

Astronick

Strangely enough the LED on my cam blinks shortly when removing one card (Transcend) but not the other (Sandisk). Both got the same version of Magic Lantern on them.

arrinkiiii

With the new MLV from TL im getting  pink frames and the historaw go's crazy wend are recording.

jman

I'm using the 29/09/2013 build. When I record I do so with global draw off. The crop box remains on for a few seconds and then disappears for about 20 seconds. Is there any way to have this crop box on all the time with global draw?? Cheers for your help ! :)