Thanks. I will give it a try.

Fringuello

I still do not understand what is the file 7D_203.fir  :o
Italy - canon 7D

1%

Depending on the size,

~12MB - Boot flag fir or canon firmware upgrade
~400KB - signed autoexec.bin

I'll have to check on the meter and see if its right.
Says -40 when there is nothing. -1 or -2 when full for internal/external.

Also it falls slowly so maybe thats why you have a problem.

slothorp

Hello again,

I have tried with last tragic lantern custom build but it is still impossible to record more than 2 minutes of raw video. The files in the card are such as these :
M01-0102.R00  4,29 Go
M01-0102.R01  4,29 Go
M01-0102.R02  1,36
M01-0102.RAW 4,29 Go

When I try to convert the RAW file to dng with raw magic, all the pictures are corrupted.
IN raw2DNG, the file is unreadable.

What am I missing here ?

(the computerbay card is formatted in the camera. When I format it with the disk utlitary, I have to do it again in the camera or it is unreadable).

Thank you very much for your answers.

1%

Did you combine all of the files?

Thats like 16GB.. I think more than 2 minutes there.

slothorp

What do you mean by combining all the files ? I just put them in raw magic and convert the one that is readable.

Anyway, thanks for your help.

szigiszmund

Quote from: slothorp on October 16, 2013, 10:07:22 PM
Hello again,

I have tried with last tragic lantern custom build but it is still impossible to record more than 2 minutes of raw video. The files in the card are such as these :
M01-0102.R00  4,29 Go
M01-0102.R01  4,29 Go
M01-0102.R02  1,36
M01-0102.RAW 4,29 Go

When I try to convert the RAW file to dng with raw magic, all the pictures are corrupted.
IN raw2DNG, the file is unreadable.

What am I missing here ?

(the computerbay card is formatted in the camera. When I format it with the disk utlitary, I have to do it again in the camera or it is unreadable).

Thank you very much for your answers.

You have to join all of the 4 files with a program called HjSplit.
To do that you have to rename the files extensions like this .001,.002 ,.003,.004.
After the files are joined into one big file rename the file back to .RAW end you are ready to use raw2dng or other program to extract the dng file and edite them.

szigiszmund

Other option is to use Raw2cdng.
Drag and drop all 4 files into the program end you will get all dng files extracted.
Edit:
From here you can download the program http://dl.phreekz.de/raw2cdng/raw2cdng.1.3.0.zip

RenatoPhoto

Quote from: slothorp on October 16, 2013, 10:20:01 PM
What do you mean by combining all the files ? I just put them in raw magic and convert the one that is readable.
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=5654.0
http://www.pululahuahostal.com  |  EF 300 f/4, EF 100-400 L, EF 180 L, EF-S 10-22, Samyang 14mm, Sigma 28mm EX DG, Sigma 8mm 1:3.5 EX DG, EF 50mm 1:1.8 II, EF 1.4X II, Kenko C-AF 2X

1%

Rawanizer does this for me too, by itself.

BTW, I unfucked the meter. I guess signed vs unsigned is what it needed.

arrinkiiii

Quote from: 1% on October 16, 2013, 11:07:52 PM

AHUUUUUUU  =DD

Pileot

Im noticing in the latest build that EOScard installs there are overlays that clutter up the system menu. I find im holding SET while booting to disable ML, then setting the settings i need, then restarting. Didn't used to do this and I havnt noticed anyone else mention this issue, hopefully it can be easily resolved?

1%

edwmotion

I must be missing something, but the tragiclantern-Tragic.2013Oct15.7D203 release freezes my 7D when I turn on the raw module. Via firmware update.

Any idea?

ted ramasola

don't use the .fir just replace your old installation with nightly ML folder and autoexec.bin
5DmkII  / 7D
www.ramasolaproductions.com
Texas

a1ex

Quote from: 1% on October 16, 2013, 11:07:52 PM

Where's your pull request?

slothorp

Thank you all for your answers. It works on windows (with raw2cdng) but having still difficulties on mac os.

Digital Corpus

a1ex,

I'm trying to track down the method of reproducing this, but I've had it happen several times, but even with FPS Override off, I have occasions that the shutter speed is locked when ML is loaded. I'm not sure if you've encountered this, but I'll delete my config file and move on from there.
7D w/ ML | Tokina ATX 11-16 | Canon 24 mm pancake | Canon 40 mm pancake | Canon 17-55 f/2.8 IS | Sigma 150-600 Sports

tonybeccar

Yey for the meter!! :D One other thing, the Digic Peaking works while not recording, but as soon as you hit record it goes away and you see normal lv.. can this be fixed or was this the workaround? It's the best tool for focusing :D Thanks!

Pileot

Quote from: 1% on October 17, 2013, 01:49:29 AM
System menu?
Yes, the Canon menu as opposed to ML menu (pressing the menu button instead of the trashbin)
A minor thing doesn't seem to effect actual shooting but should you have to root around in there looking for something it gets annoying.

arrinkiiii

Quote from: tonybeccar on October 17, 2013, 04:17:24 PM
Yey for the meter!! :D One other thing, the Digic Peaking works while not recording, but as soon as you hit record it goes away and you see normal lv.. can this be fixed or was this the workaround? It's the best tool for focusing :D Thanks!

-What is the settings that you use in Digic Peaking?

deC9r

so im getting my 64gb 1000x card tomorrow. However i got some questions concerning the installation process. Is this thread still up2date for the latest releases (http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=7464.0)? Are there any other things i have to consider? Last but not least first thing i want to do is testing the CF card speed. Can somebody tell me the right settings for the ml benchmark?

Btw great work you people are doing!

tonybeccar

Quote from: arrinkiiii on October 18, 2013, 12:39:46 AM
-What is the settings that you use in Digic Peaking?

Slightly sharper..

vyskocil

This looks great m1ke !
I also been fed up of the debug display while raw recording, but for now I just commented it out in the code...

a1ex