7D Raw Thread

Started by noisyboy, August 05, 2013, 11:52:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1%

If its broken in sept 29th nothing is going to fix it, hate to tell you.

arrinkiiii

Make one test with tragiclantern-Tragic.2013Oct13.7D203  raw and h.264 is working good, i just try it with sound disable...

- I think that the image/frame it's a little bit more to the right, wend i use 1728 the white left frame disappear. Nothing to much... Going try now with x5

- Also wend i start to record raw the info that show up, show up in the bottom overlaying the other info that are there. Also not big deal...

Thanks more one time one percent  :D

Walter Schulz

Fringuello

29/09
thank you very much deleting the file magic.cfg everything ok
Italy - canon 7D

Fringuello

folder tragiclantern-Tragic.2013Oct13.7D203 The file 7d_203.fir what is it?
Italy - canon 7D

Walter Schulz

For your cam it's obsolete right now.
It's needed to enable the bootflag on the cam which had already been set.

blackjack102

Last time, I used 30-08-13 britom's build. Now, I try 9-10-13 from 1%'s build and am very impressed that the program is big improved! I got three or four pink frames out of 16 thousand frames, and it was so awesome! Again, I tried to use upsidedown setting on my monitor and got a crash. I just realized that it is not worth time to work on upsidedown for video shooting. The solution is I modify the setting in normal view, then flip my camera and shoot a video. Thank you for the hard work and keep up.

1%

I only tried upside down on the LV screen so I'll have to see what it does to a monitor. Maybe thats why it was disabled.

Fringuello

Quote from: Walter Schulz on October 15, 2013, 12:04:40 AM
For your cam it's obsolete right now.
It's needed to enable the bootflag on the cam which had already been set.
you said to me?
Italy - canon 7D

1%

That fir is the signed fir for video hacks. Bin is what auto loads...

blackjack102

Quote from: 1% on October 15, 2013, 12:46:59 AM
I only tried upside down on the LV screen so I'll have to see what it does to a monitor. Maybe thats why it was disabled.

oh, I am sorry. It is my defined word, and my mind thinks a monitor is LV screen on a camera. I don't mean an external monitor. I will write carefully from now.

1%

Its working upside down for me, tried H264 and raw.

In deadview it flashes a bunch so maybe it should be LV only.

vnguyen972

Any one got the 10-13-2013 build link handy? I've been searching around and couldn't find it... I might have missed it with a lot of scrolling up and down...

Thank you so much!
Love my EOS7D!

Walter Schulz

Quote from: vnguyen972 on October 15, 2013, 06:29:34 AMAny one got the 10-13-2013 build link handy?

http://tl.bot-fly.com/
And don't forget to read the disclaimer ...

Ciao, Walter

vnguyen972

Quote from: Walter Schulz on October 15, 2013, 06:58:20 AM
http://tl.bot-fly.com/
And don't forget to read the disclaimer ...

Ciao, Walter

Sir, you ROCK!

Thank you!
Love my EOS7D!

Fringuello

sorry but do not chew good English I did not understand if I have to use the file 7d_203.fir and how do I use it?
I just need to put the file and folder autoexec.bin ML root of cf.
Italy - canon 7D

alsey7

Not sure if this thread would be proper place to ask but.... Any progress being made on silent picture mode recording more then just 2 sec worth of dng? Wouldnt countiunous capture help raw video.

nick.p

Quote from: alsey7 on October 15, 2013, 11:17:11 AM
Not sure if this thread would be proper place to ask but.... Any progress being made on silent picture mode recording more then just 2 sec worth of dng? Wouldnt countiunous capture help raw video.
Raw recording is essentially continuous silent pictures, perhaps I'm wrong.

a1ex

That's right. The only significant differences are:
- silent pics are not cropped (they are always full-size and include optical black areas)
- raw_rec has buffering

brunonicko

Hi folks,

I know this is not the right place for this, but is related to raw and I'll be quick, promise.
I'm applying for this scholarship contest in the "3D and visual effects" course at Vancouver Film School, and I've made a 90 seconds video using my 7D and Magic Lantern RAW to participate. In the video, there's some 3D tracking and special effects (RAW helped a lot with this).
If you have some time, please watch the video - and if you like it - please vote for me, ok?

The link:
http://vfs.edu/contests/myyear/submission/FNcJzOWp

Thank you guys very much.

arrinkiiii

Tragiclantern-Tragic.2013Oct14.7D203  - Working good, short tests with raw, h.264 and digic peaking... all good =)) Didn't test with x5 or with fps override.

-The sound meter in the Lv don't look correct... -44 (no sound) and with sound the numbers go's good but the meter or is off or is in full range (green)

Thanks =))

*nice video brunonicko

LEVISDAVIS

Anyone find a way to make a Komputerbay 128 1000X work on a 7D?
Levi S. Davis

jalejake

I have a question about cards also. I've been following this thread for some time already and now wondering what would be the best card to buy.  

I would really prefer a 128gb card instead of two 64gb cards, and If I have understood correctly, the komputerbay 128gb 1000x would work in 7d, but is slower than 64, or 32gig ones? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Then there's komputerbay 128gb 1050x card, that would be faster, but it has some internal "firmware"? (don't know if this is the correct word) that's newer than on 1000x cards, and that 7D doesn't understand. Is this correct? And if so, is this something that could be changed by komputerbay? Or is the new "firmware" required to get the faster speeds?

In short my question is; What would be the cheapest reliable 128gb card, that would allow me to shoot using the best raw quality possible with 7d? Or is there one?

slothorp

Hello everyone,

I couldn't find it in the very long thread, but I am unable to record long raw files with the canon 7D (more than 4GO). I use 29/09/13 custom build. It works perfectly fine for files under 4G0 but when i want to put longer ones (more than 2 min duration) in raw magic (on mac OS X), every picture are corrupted (pink frames). Am I missing something or is it just not possible ?

Thanks for your answers.

arrinkiiii

Try to upgrade for the newest build  http://tl.bot-fly.com/  and test for see what going on... i just test small recordes