7D Raw Thread

Started by noisyboy, August 05, 2013, 11:52:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonybeccar

Great news about the fix! Though I LOVE digic peaking!! It's SO useful.. ! I was gonna ask if it's possible to add a bit even more sharpen to it? I think the scarlet has one that is more exagerated am I right? And yes, temporarely it'll be nice to turn it on with every boot, but i'd love to see it fixed as I have it ALWAYS on..

Oh hey 1%, is it possible to add the function in the audio menu to Hide the audio bars? It must be really easy right? It's AWESOME all the new features we have in audio :D :D :D Thank youuuu!!! Gotta try the headphones asap!

And the last question, do you have any idea how to customize the new "bars facelift" awesomeness that it's being developed?

Thanks again and sorry for so many questions! :D

DragonFlame

Quote from: Pelican on October 12, 2013, 11:14:08 PM
The Lexar 800x cards have Max. Read Speed: 120 MB/s and Max. Write Speed: 45 MB/s.
So don't expect too much from that card.
(The Lexar 1000x has 150/145 MB/s spec.)

Thanks very much Pelican, that explains a lot, I will be ordering a 1000x very soon I think. =)

DragonFlame

This might sound like a crazy question but I have been thinking about this for a while, the 7D seems to be capable of some really great footage but seems to be held back a bit by it write speed to the card slot, what about the HDMI port?
Is it possible to output a clean uncompressed/RAW image out through the HDMI port, if so wouldn't we theoretically be able to record at the cameras max resolution and would also give people the option to record in any format they feel like with an external recorder.
Would be something the ProRes guys would probably love.

ted ramasola

Quote from: 1% on October 14, 2013, 02:14:35 AM

The easiest thing to do will be drop the config variable so you have to turn it on whenever the camera starts. The big problem is only at bootup. Boot with it off then turn it on and I think it will record and not freeze.

Confirmed this behavior.

Turned on Digic Peaking AFTER bootup, no more freezing in h264 recording.
5DmkII  / 7D
www.ramasolaproductions.com
Texas

a1ex

It's most likely something in EngDrvOutLV, and it probably affects some other stuff that pokes DIGIC registers. For example, brightness and contrast from Display menu, display gain, image effects or ML digital ISO (don't remember which of those are enabled for 7D).

1%

I think we don't have any image effects or digital iso because the regs are master side and changing them on slave makes unpredictable things like this.

How about this though... I can read shutter from shutter timer, I can't override shutter timer. I can write shutter regs on master but can't read them from slave. Could shutter setting w/ fps be done via blanking write and then read from the timer? I think FPS code supports this?

Just need reg addresses but not sure how g3ggo did it on the master... ie how he found the dual_iso reg and why it has +2 added, that was not needed for the FPS timers.

... wait.. those all use eng LV from fps? Maybe I can make them work and read values from slave.

Fringuello

since I tried the version Nightly Builds no longer works the crop mode just touch the fps, the machine goes err.
help
Italy - canon 7D

1%

Digic peaking? It would do that...

Hmm.. top of image is missing adjustment.. so maybe thats why the +2?

Yup, some effects work perfect, some are cut off at the top of the screen which then flickers. They also record into the H264... so some sort of an alignment issue but I don't understand this part.

Ok, changes based on where you apply vsync.

a1ex

Quote from: 1% on October 14, 2013, 06:24:12 PM
so some sort of an alignment issue but I don't understand this part.

This is timing issue (so far, all these issues were caused by wrong transition in LV state object). But since 7D is dual digic, it may be a little more complex than that.

1%

It is, I got all effects working with big BUT!

Sometimes they skip while recording... maybe transfer to master isn't fast enough.
Vignetting works but crashes... I see vignetting swirl on LV.

QuoteASSERT: !IS_ERROR( TryPostEvent( this->hTaskClass, this, EV_VD_INTR_LV, NULL, 0 ) )
at LVState.c:485, task T²‚
lv:1 mode:3

Image effects work but sometimes skip frames and "pink frame" h264
Digic ISO works except it slows down the LV for some reason.

There is hope for doing register based shutter if I could only find those stupid regs somehow... if I don't have to shamem read the registers I can pull values and have read/write... hopefully they don't skip..

Some stuff like black level seems to work OK.

I also blocked other regs from being written to the master and this should fix up digic peaking for good... also fixed photo LV digital gain. Upside down mode and image position seem to work too, dunno why latter was undefined.

Took off video hacks/vignetting because one locks up on master after too much toggling and the other doesn't appear to work. They were just bloating the bin at this point.

vnguyen972

Quote from: ted ramasola on October 13, 2013, 11:56:13 PM
@1%

Confirmed that DIGIC PEAKING is causing freeze at end of H264 recording.
With Digic Peaking OFF no more H264 record end freeze.

What build are you using? I'm using the 9.29 (with FPS override) and my DIGIC Peaking is not on, when I disabled the raw video, my H264 recording still froze the camera when stopping... Any idea?
Love my EOS7D!

1%

Dunno, that was 15 days ago+... I'm using what I just coded/compiled. Not sure if I added the fps undo before H264 stops on that build... so maybe try without FPS enabled or upgrade.

.. so now this weirds me out and needs more testing:

Digic Peaking on: record 3min+ of 1920x1080 in 10x
Digic Peaking off: record 1:30 before buffer fills up.

Its set to turn off while recording so this makes no sense.

ted ramasola

Quote from: vnguyen972 on October 14, 2013, 08:54:39 PM
What build are you using? I'm using the 9.29 (with FPS override) and my DIGIC Peaking is not on, when I disabled the raw video, my H264 recording still froze the camera when stopping... Any idea?

I'm using Oct 13 build for that test.
5DmkII  / 7D
www.ramasolaproductions.com
Texas

Fringuello

Quote from: Fringuello on October 14, 2013, 06:22:09 PM
since I tried the version Nightly Builds no longer works the crop mode just touch the fps, the machine goes err.
help

IP :-[
Italy - canon 7D

1%

Fringuello

I do not understand how to solve
Italy - canon 7D

1%

Fringuello

Already done but I have not solved, explain the procedure
Italy - canon 7D

1%

Procedure? Explain the bug.

I turn on FPS override and have no crash in NTSC or PAL and in 5X/10X, even now with the digic peaking. H264 or raw works fine.

Fringuello

As soon as I put on in the 7d fps goes to err,
Italy - canon 7D

Walter Schulz

What happens if you switch on the cam *without* a card inserted?

1%

What mode, what else is on? Maybe wait till it rebuilds tonight or delete magic.cfg and start again.

Fringuello

How do I delete magic.cfg? As soon as I get home I try without the card that happens
Italy - canon 7D

1%

Its in ML/Settings folder

Wait wait what?  How did you upgrade the version if you're not home and/or can't pull the card out of the camera?

Fringuello

I had already made ​​the test to return to the previous version.
the card can be removed maybe I explained evil.
no card is inserted the machine works perfectly
now I'm home
Italy - canon 7D