7D Raw Thread

Started by noisyboy, August 05, 2013, 11:52:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Digital Corpus

All of my links are fixed. Sorry, that I made them incorrectly. I'm used to other forums requiring the url to be encapsulated with double quotes.
7D w/ ML | Tokina ATX 11-16 | Canon 24 mm pancake | Canon 40 mm pancake | Canon 17-55 f/2.8 IS | Sigma 150-600 Sports

arrinkiiii

Thanks Digital Corpus for this tests  :)

dpmaia

This VAF is truly amazing.. Couldn't resist and got one for me.  :)
I'll put some footage here next week.

ted ramasola

@Digital corpus,

how does the 7D+VAF handle your widest lens at full open aperture?

the 1st ver. vaf i use on my 5D isn't so good with wides like the tokina 11-16 at 16mm from f2.8 up to f8. I only get sharp e to e starting at f11.

If it is good I might get one for my 7D as well. Try to test it on a chart if you have one or else a brick wall which covers the frame well and at perpendicular angle.
You might also try taping up newspapers on your wall so we can see the text e to e.

Try to see were the sweet spot is with the apertures.
5DmkII  / 7D
www.ramasolaproductions.com
Texas

mityazabuben

Hi. Using last ML build. When switching off camera and changing memory cards, I need to extract battery to turn it on. Is it normal?
Can someone explain about crop mode and 1920 shooting. Thanks.

arrinkiiii

Quote from: mityazabuben on September 28, 2013, 03:51:10 PM
Hi. Using last ML build. When switching off camera and changing memory cards, I need to extract battery to turn it on. Also I tried to set 1920 resolution, but ML allow me to set it 1728 max. Is it normal? Can I shoot 1920 at all? Thanks.

Yes, the max in 1x is 1728 for over coming this you can record 2.5k max in 5x mode.

mityazabuben

Thanks, already got it and change a previous post)
But what max resolution and in which mode 7d can now shoot?
Ill try to shoot MLV in crop 5x with fps override 1920 24p and it cant(

arrinkiiii

Max in 1x = 1728
Max in 5x = 2.5k

Press the zoom button to get 5x and then press trash button to go to ML menu... there go to your raw setting and chose your desired resolution.

mityazabuben

OK.
Ive got komputerbay 64GB 1000x and it overflowed very fast, when Im trying to rec in 1920. Slow exemplar?

arrinkiiii

Don't know why. But put the example maybe some one in the forum can help you with this. 

1%

Find a resolution thats around 76-77 MB/s for zoom mode. The non crop is what H264 is made from so if you're not having a problem with aliasing/moire, try that.

mityazabuben

Is a 80MB\s wright speed, that shows during rec, normal?  So, my card cant shoot 1080p 24 at crop mode, bcs it needs >83Mb/s speed. Right? And someone just luck enough to get faster card than mine?  :'(

arrinkiiii

Yes, i think is normal speed

mityazabuben

Sorry, maybe Im too slow, but can someone shoot 1080p 24 at crop mode?

RenatoPhoto

Quote from: mityazabuben on September 28, 2013, 05:18:27 PM
Sorry, maybe Im too slow, but can someone shoot 1080p 24 at crop mode?
Yes, I can get about 700 frames at 1920x1080 at 24 fps.
You have to use the latest build from 1%
You have to do the Firmware Upgrade trick to get fps control
You have to set fps override to 23.976, with Exact FPS settings
In live View you have to press zoom to 5X and zoom again to 10X (this gives a little faster recording but kill LiveView)
Go back to ML enter RAW menu and change the Resolution to 1920x1080
Press Q , Trash button and then reocord.

I can get continuous recording if I use a different Aspect Ratio like 2:1 id 1920x960

I use Lexar pro 1000x card

For more information on recording cropped video go here:
How to record: -- RAW Digital Cropped Video 30/24fps on 5D3 & others--
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=5441.0
http://www.pululahuahostal.com  |  EF 300 f/4, EF 100-400 L, EF 180 L, EF-S 10-22, Samyang 14mm, Sigma 28mm EX DG, Sigma 8mm 1:3.5 EX DG, EF 50mm 1:1.8 II, EF 1.4X II, Kenko C-AF 2X

mityazabuben

1%

I got FPS working from slave (since master isn't even booting for me now).. not for H264 yet. With the new edmacs I get 1920x1038 cont at 79.x mb/s in zoom mode.

JCBEos

Quote from: arrinkiiii on September 28, 2013, 04:26:13 PM
Press the zoom button to get 5x and then press trash button to go to ML menu... there go to your raw setting and chose your desired resolution.

@1%: Is there a way to modify ML in order to be able to set crop mode settings without being in x5 mode?

Quote from: 1% on September 28, 2013, 08:29:35 PM
I got FPS working from slave (since master isn't even booting for me now).. not for H264 yet. With the new edmacs I get 1920x1038 cont at 79.x mb/s in zoom mode.

Nice!
but is "since master isn't even booting for me now" a big problem?
My Youtube Channel -> comments and likes welcome ;)

britom

Fps seems to be more stable now... good work!

Maybe this means that slave processor has access to the same features as the master.
7D Builds with RAW support: http://bit.ly/14Llzda

RenatoPhoto

Quote from: 1% on September 28, 2013, 08:29:35 PM
My hat off to you!  I am hitting 81 MB/s at 10X with FPS override at 1920x1080 and 2K at 24 fps.  No pink frames either... Did get a missing footer error message..
http://www.pululahuahostal.com  |  EF 300 f/4, EF 100-400 L, EF 180 L, EF-S 10-22, Samyang 14mm, Sigma 28mm EX DG, Sigma 8mm 1:3.5 EX DG, EF 50mm 1:1.8 II, EF 1.4X II, Kenko C-AF 2X

1%

QuoteDid get a missing footer error message..

Yea, always at the end of the card. Or worse it freezes. :(

QuoteMaybe this means that slave processor has access to the same features as the master.

Its split 1/2 and half... kinda. They doubled some stuff or only put a hint to it on the slave and then the real working address/functinon will be on the master. Its like you had 2 5DII's and only one connected to the sensor/lens mount.

If I figure out how to access some of the lower addresses then its going to get pretty good (HDR, headphone, H264FPS). You can also call functions (so far only by name) on master from slave so if there is something like shamem_write we're golden for the cached addresses.

I dunno why g3gg0 used IPC bulk vs ipc quick. Its exactly the same but seems quicker.

Quotebut is "since master isn't even booting for me now" a big problem?

A little bit. No video hacks/vignetting/etc.

@1%: Is there a way to modify ML in order to be able to set crop mode settings without being in x5 mode?

They're distinct modes so you can't really set 5x and and not be in 5x. There is some LV_MAGNIFY factory stuff but you'd just be in a 5x that you can't leave with the zoom button.

JCBEos

Thanks for your answers :)

(and btw your work & time  :-* )

JCBEos

Just noticed that with the last 2 builds, the back red led ("access lamp") is constantly blinking... excepted when I pop up the ML menu.

Strange :/

1%

Sticky something is on? Maybe some ML assert is tripped? I compiled last night and get no blinking.