7D Raw Thread

Started by noisyboy, August 05, 2013, 11:52:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bikas

Hi, thanks guys for your hard work on this!
But could anyone make summary of settings of camera and ML. Maybe different thread or sticky post. (And yes I've been reading from the very 1 post, but when I've got my card - now to read 47 pages again...)
My problem is vertical stripes.
While adjusting aperture, doesn't updates in live view, sometimes (just after pressing record and stop).

Edit: Don't know what helped with vertical stripes- because switched to MLV or turned off video hacks.

longyanhd

Not be converted to dng, some of the raw files,But most can be converted.
May I ask where is the problem then.Thank you very much.

danistuta

A question: better .MLV format or .RAW?
Which are advantages of these 2 types? Thanks.

1%

MLV = meta data + there is a player now.
Raw = no player but faster.

Stallman

Quote from: 20thdc on September 20, 2013, 12:31:33 PM

It will give you .mov(to preview your clips) and dng after using the application.
I recommend using RawMagic(Thomas Worth is working for the new update) to process Raw Format and for the MLV Format this link from nick.p (Reply #34)
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=7802.25

Thanks you, now i'm using RawMagic but i've always this white strip on the bottom.
In silent burst i don't have problems and the render is wondefull ).

arrinkiiii

Quote from: 1% on September 21, 2013, 07:18:03 PM

Always hard decisions  ;D

danistuta

Ok thanks. I shooted in .MLV but I see many dots, and stucks pixel in my raw video file. What's the best, quick and easy way to clean it? Thanks.

crwn_schlr

Some quick clips at a live performance filmed with one of the modules prior to the .fir one's:

vimeo.com/75093636

graded in Resolve 10, no color fringing on edges. The lite version also allows you to output >1080 now which comes in handy for the 2k+ raw sequences. Still some dead pixels though.

vnguyen972

So for .MLV we could set more info on the header of the file... how does one do that? I don't see any option in the ML menu... then another question is, what software is going to utilize those info? would it be stored in the DNG somewhere? sorry if its been asked and answered before...
Love my EOS7D!

crazyd

Check my First RAW video.!

I will make a action film with ML soon. THanks Magic Latern Again.

mburgst

i'm still struggeling with continuous raw recording. any experiences with raw + 64gb komputerbay cards with what options which resolutions should allow continuous recording? i'm still unsure if my cards doesn't deliver the promised speed or if i'm setting some options the wrong way... what are the best options for 7d at the moment?

i still find it hard to get a decent continous recording because i'm most of the time running into frameskipping due to full buffers.

to me it seems the card is slower than it should be..

@1%: do i have to re-update the .fir when the camera goes into sleep/standby?

alsey7

quality keeps getting better. with ML i have to learn eveything. I feel i have more control of footage now.

http://youtu.be/5ovq6BU3VB4

bikas

How are you renaming .dng sequence? Because some softwares doesn't understand just numbers. Tried XnView - no luck.

kjetilengstrm

This might be a stupid question, but how do you upgrade to latest 1% build?

feureau

Quote from: kjetilengstrm on September 22, 2013, 01:38:55 PM
This might be a stupid question, but how do you upgrade to latest 1% build?

With ease. Just overwrite the old ones. I usually delete everything.

kjetilengstrm

Quote from: feureau on September 22, 2013, 01:42:14 PM
With ease. Just overwrite the old ones. I usually delete everything.

Got it  ;)

feureau

Quote from: 1% on September 21, 2013, 07:18:03 PM

I don't mean to contradict, but I mentioned this before and nobody else seems to be experiencing this: In one of my card, the sandisk extreme pro rated at 60MB/s, I can record MLV peaking at 53-55MB/s but RAW only peaks at about 48-50MB/s. (MLV is faster)

Can anyone confirm? Any ideas what's going on? (running that latest bundle from 1%)

Also, defishing keeps giving me err70 now for some reason. I'll post crash log when I get the files out of my camera.

arrinkiiii

http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=7464.0

http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=7987

Some workflow:

-Bootflag your camera

-Use EOSCard

-Update with the lastest version from 1% compile by britom

-In ML menu (module) choose RAW or MLV. In movie menu choose the resolution, start record.

-Use mlv2dng or raw2dng for you get the dng's files (depending on what you chose to record, raw or mlv)

-With the dng's open in after effects for work with them.

arrinkiiii

Quote from: feureau on September 22, 2013, 01:49:09 PM
I don't mean to contradict, but I mentioned this before and nobody else seems to be experiencing this: In one of my card, the sandisk extreme pro rated at 60MB/s, I can record MLV peaking at 53-55MB/s but RAW only peaks at about 48-50MB/s. (MLV is faster)

Can anyone confirm? Any ideas what's going on? (running that latest bundle from 1%)

Also, defishing keeps giving me err70 now for some reason. I'll post crash log when I get the files out of my camera.

This numbers that you get, using MLV is in "normal boot" or you make the update firmware??

1%

Thats nowhere near maximum.

I just redid it and going to re-build soon w/ headphone on master and some of the memory stuff.

1728x1036, raw = 76-77MB/s, MLV = 74MB/s , both continuous. The uptake on mlv rec is faster tho, seems to start writing right away.

mburgst

i've been further testing the card and raw and it seems i can't get the card beyond around 73MB/s. is that ok or should the card deliver more throughput? with modes with a higher MB/s value the buffer fills up after some 1000 frames or so. as said the the value given in the resolution menu is quite correct - sadly sometimes..

10x zoom locked the cam. had to pull the batteries to reload the cam.

once had a lockup when entering the menu, changing the FPS and resultion and then starting recording. only happend in one out of 20 recordings.

tried different FPS and resolutions. could not reproduce the ERR message i got friday.

need to try raw + peaking again. but there's no peaking without global draw i guess?

1%

Quote10x zoom locked the cam. had to pull the batteries to reload the cam.

Press play.

Quotei can't get the card beyond around 73MB/s
Only way to break into the 80s is have no FPS override and record in that dead 10x mode.

crazyd

The workflow is very easy.!!!

I'm using batchelor 3 to load footage from my card to my computer.

Check DNGs box. And GO!...

Open Resolve 9 and import footage folder for color correction. Render to quicktime uncompress.

And edited with PR cs 6.

mburgst

Quote from: 1% on September 22, 2013, 07:11:57 PM
Press play.

ok, will try that. interestingly the cam/display stayed even on even when the cam was switched off - shutter went down, but the display was on.

Quote from: 1% on September 22, 2013, 07:11:57 PMOnly way to break into the 80s is have no FPS override and record in that dead 10x mode.

so the card is fine? wish it was some megabytes faster to achieve some more resolution.. ^^ :-/

do you think we will be getting any closer to full hd resolution with the write speeds due to optimizations and such? i guess the write speed is already maxed out..?

1%

Max is 91, mlv_rec will get better for sure, but we're missing ~10MB somewhere.