7D Raw Thread

Started by noisyboy, August 05, 2013, 11:52:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

szigiszmund

Hi 1%,do you think audio monitoring through usb will be possible in the future?

alsey7

question does 7d support exfat?

JCBEos

Quote from: alsey7 on September 15, 2013, 08:31:39 AM
question does 7d support exfat?

Quote from: 1% on September 13, 2013, 07:47:18 PM
Possibly, I don't have one to test but I see the exfat strings... maybe there is a way to fake out the camera and make it think the card is 128gb... also dunno if fir will run from 128gb cards.
My Youtube Channel -> comments and likes welcome ;)

edingacic

is there a tool for osx like RAWanizer to make proxy for faster review and selection of footage before processing with ACR or DaVinci.  I use RAWMagic testing 7d DNGs last build has a lot of pink frames but that is due to I guess my slow 400x card i cont. mode I think its fine.

JCBEos

You can use ligthroom or any viewer

I use Adobe Bridge.

There's also an Adobe "codec" to view DNGs in the explorer.

dmk

OK, I know I suck for asking this since it's asked before, but I finally got my CF card (128GB 1000x komputerbay) and reader (fcr-hs3 kingston) in the mail and I hope to be able to finally play with ML tonight :D

1) How do I benchmark the card to know it's not a dud?

2) Is the right way to grab the latest build to compile the stuff from 1%'s repository somewhere? If so, where is that repository located? If not, here's the sucky question- where is the best place to grab the latest build?

Thanks in advance

feureau

Quote from: dmk on September 15, 2013, 04:29:09 PM
OK, I know I suck for asking this since it's asked before, but I finally got my CF card (128GB 1000x komputerbay) and reader (fcr-hs3 kingston) in the mail and I hope to be able to finally play with ML tonight :D

1) How do I benchmark the card to know it's not a dud?

2) Is the right way to grab the latest build to compile the stuff from 1%'s repository somewhere? If so, where is that repository located? If not, here's the sucky question- where is the best place to grab the latest build?

Thanks in advance

1: Card benchmark in ML menu. Or if you like, there's a read/write stress test app out there that can stress test your card. It might break the card if you got a bad copy.

2. Check out the build thread linked in britom's signature.

sonicgoose

Long-time reader, first-time poster. Was using the official alpha 2 build for the last few months but longed for the FPS Override feature my better half has on her 60D, so this morning I took the plunge and installed the auto boot and 1%'s build from 9/12. Two things I noticed:

• RAW Video shows up twice in the Movie menu
  • FPS Override appears to be functional in the Movie menu (I can turn it on and set it up) but my 7D isn't actually recording at the lower framerate :(

Anyone know why?

szigiszmund

Quote from: sonicgoose on September 15, 2013, 06:35:44 PM
Long-time reader, first-time poster. Was using the official alpha 2 build for the last few months but longed for the FPS Override feature my better half has on her 60D, so this morning I took the plunge and installed the auto boot and 1%'s build from 9/12. Two things I noticed:

• RAW Video shows up twice in the Movie menu
  • FPS Override appears to be functional in the Movie menu (I can turn it on and set it up) but my 7D isn't actually recording at the lower framerate :(

Anyone know why?

1. have a look in menu at module section end disable raw_rec or mlv,if they are both of them enabled
2. fps override will work just if you go in canon menu end select update firmaware.Have to be done everytime you torn on the camera.

sonicgoose

Quote from: szigiszmund on September 15, 2013, 06:45:36 PM
1. have a look in menu at module section end disable raw_rec or mlv,if they are both of them enabled
2. fps override will work just if you go in canon menu end select update firmaware.Have to be done everytime you torn on the camera.

Thanks. They were both enabled but I didn't realize I'd still need to manually update the firmware to make it work. I thought the autoboot meant that wasn't necessary. So now I've got it working but when I stop recording the live view freezes. I had read that pressing Menu twice would unfreeze, but that doesn't work for me. However, pressing Menu THREE times causes the camera to reboot and returns things to normal. Out of four tests, one required me pulling the battery to kill the live view.

ted ramasola

disable 10X zoom in ML menu as its the one causing the freeze.
You can also press the play button if you freeze in crop/magnify mode.
5DmkII  / 7D
www.ramasolaproductions.com
Texas

Joshua_G

I read almost the entire thread, however information is much fragmented, so I couldn't manage to get a full picture.
Therefore I have few questions.

1.   As for the 1% build from 12/09/2013, should it be installed instead of the 7D beta2 build, or alongside it?

2. With the latest raw build, does the 7D records actual video in raw mode, or series of still frames that should be mounted together into video file?

szigiszmund

Quote from: Joshua_G on September 15, 2013, 08:00:09 PM
I read almost the entire thread, however information is much fragmented, so I couldn't manage to get a full picture.
Therefore I have few questions.

1.   As for the 1% build from 12/09/2013, should it be installed instead of the 7D beta2 build, or alongside it?

2. With the latest raw build, does the 7D records actual video in raw mode, or series of still frames that should be mounted together into video file?

1. 1% build from 12/09/2013
2. series of still frames that should be mounted together into video file

Joshua_G

1%

Well series of still frames isn't exact... it use to only have burst and make individual frames.

Now it records a .raw file you convert to frames or video.

dmk

lol, well, that was a dud for the 128gb komputerbay... benchmark hovered between 80MB and 20MB read speeds (in photo/playback mode with global draw off). Then the card wouldn't even format .

Now to wait another month for international shipping while they (hopefully) replace it... :'(

On the positive, I was able to record a few frames in MLV before it died and got some green pixels which might be useful for debugging.

Picture here (this was shot in very little, terrible light, just pointing at my desk- and then bumped heavily up in after effects- no noise reduction or anything like that. didn't expect to be posting it anywhere, was just an initial test):

*sigh*

1%

Since you have a 128GB card.... will the camera recognize it when formatted exfat?

alsey7

1% so i got a 32 Komputer bay 1000X CF so its possible to format in exfat. instead of fat32? and if it supports in how do i format? yes i have window7 and reformatted in exfat then when into eoscard and installed aplha2  ( all the normal things to have a working ) but my 7d cant find it says card not supported. thanks again

JCBEos

Quote from: alsey7 on September 15, 2013, 11:13:24 PM
1% so i got a 32 Komputer bay 1000X CF so its possible to format in exfat. instead of fat32? and if it supports in how do i format? yes i have window7 and reformatted in exfat then when into eoscard and installed aplha2  ( all the normal things to have a working ) but my 7d cant find it says card not supported. thanks again

exfat only (probably) supported (right now) for 128gb+ cards

1%

I'm asking KB how to make the 64gb card pretend to be a 128gb to the camera so we'll see what happens... besides that the only other option is a firmware patch.

sonicgoose

Quote from: ted ramasola on September 15, 2013, 07:01:21 PM
disable 10X zoom in ML menu as its the one causing the freeze.
You can also press the play button if you freeze in crop/magnify mode.

I disabled 10x zoom but the freezing persists, only when I stop recording video with FPS Override turned on. Pressing Menu twice or pressing Play once have no effect. My only solution now is to pull the battery.

RenatoPhoto

@ 1%

For your information the autoexe.fir file does not work with the latest compiles form https://bitbucket.org/OtherOnePercent/tragic-lantern-6d/commits
It works with the provided modules and autoexec.bin from the  [7D]AudioControlsFirBin.zip
I would like to know if it is supposed to work or not.  Currently when I do the firmware upgrade the camera freezes in the sensor cleaning step.
http://www.pululahuahostal.com  |  EF 300 f/4, EF 100-400 L, EF 180 L, EF-S 10-22, Samyang 14mm, Sigma 28mm EX DG, Sigma 8mm 1:3.5 EX DG, EF 50mm 1:1.8 II, EF 1.4X II, Kenko C-AF 2X

dmk

Quote from: 1% on September 15, 2013, 11:06:55 PM
Since you have a 128GB card.... will the camera recognize it when formatted exfat?

Can't do anything with it anymore since it died, but while it was alive- no, it didn't work when formatted on the computer to exfat (even when I tried copying all the files/folders over in case it was a missing structure issue)

it require reformatting in the camera (i.e. to fat)

I didn't try formatting to fat in the computer as a test though

JCBEos

Just received a 32Gb 1000x Lexar CF

is there some tests that I can do to help you, 1%?