7D Raw Thread

Started by noisyboy, August 05, 2013, 11:52:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stevelucky

Quote from: 1% on September 09, 2013, 01:31:55 AM
Yea, the 10x just kills LV for me, probably the regs from 5x are applying?

Thats the framing preview.

Which is fine, but it's the switching back to 1X that kills it for me. Generally just goes black and locks up LV.

P.S. - I'm not trying to be a jerk or anything as I'm STOKED on the work you're doing and am just trying to report the bugs that I'm running into.

P.P.S. - Why does the framing preview not turn black and white in the raw_rec module and only the MLV module?

1%

There are 2 things done to the preview.

1. Make it color in zoom mode... it changes some regs to do this, it does both 5x/10x... I think its locking up 10x. I believe I found the bug, 50D can't record at 10x and I don't think 5DII either so nobody proofed it. 7D can no problem it seems (except this. and no it didn't help write speed, just slave LV is crashed).

2. Make a framing preview thats black & white and slow but the full frame in 5X/10X, before today you had no display filters so you couldn't do this... doesn't affect 10x, just slow and I wouldn't leave it on when writing unless you have no choice.

Also, audio controls work, they are 1:1 5DII. Headphone is on the master and I have to figure out how to set those addresses, read C0blahblah address and call prop_deliver on the master. I know where the stuff is but not 100% on how to talk with it.

HTF does headphone even work on 5dII? ML never sends any commands to reconfigure power regs or any of that.. it just undoes the screen. Does it just happen to work because we override sound dev task?

*Yes, I was correct, headphone works but screen is off... you can trick it, but I'll have to fix it.

ted ramasola

@1%

The preview options are now ok. and they work, just to find a fix with 10x since in practice, based on 5d2,
The preview is set to option so when 5X activates crop mode, the low rez but proper framing kicks in, but to confirm focus is sharp before starting record, 10x is used, cycle back to 5x, start recording.

The difference between 7D and 5d2 auto preview in Crop Mode are
7D
preview  =  proper 3x framing,   low rez,   acceptable refresh.
record   =  proper 3x framing, low rez, slow refresh
ADVANTAGE- framing can be "predicted" but not focus.

5D2
preview =  proper 3x framing,  low rez, acceptable refresh
record = canon 5x framing but grayscale,  high rez,  realtime refresh
ADVANTAGE - focus can be maintained but framing is difficult.

I don't know if the best of both cameras can be combined. I would be nice though.
5DmkII  / 7D
www.ramasolaproductions.com
Texas

mucher

We can see that the 7D's video capture ability is more and more formidable. Congratulations.

But I encounter two problems since the last build:
1) When the card record to its full capacity, the screen freezes to its last screen with that black screen and a square, and it is still there even I pull the camera's power slider to OFF position. The phenomena happens in the first 2 times of the total 4 test runs. And I have to pull the battery out.
2) The 0908 build permanently changes the camera's firmware, and in Canon's menu, 1920x1080@25fps option is gone.
3) It is not a problem, but when the camera's writing continuously, frame skipping suddenly appears, so I have to preload a very large file into the CF card while booting up (like warmup with 256mb--I haven't tried other settings yet), and then the CF card can, miraculously, have 0 frame skipping while recording continuously.

1%

I can still change it back to PAL.. I didn't try with fir running just booting a normal bin.

stevelucky

I should clarify the zoom issue I'm having. In the MLV raw module when the preview is set to Canon, it will freeze when cycled to 5X and then back to 1X. It doesn't seem to freeze when the preview mode is set to Hacked.

1%

Yep, there is some bug, it wasn't  what I thought it was... it is possible to somehow get into 10x with it moving but something in raw freezes it.

stevelucky

Quote from: 1% on September 09, 2013, 04:40:24 AM
Yep, there is some bug, it wasn't  what I thought it was... it is possible to somehow get into 10x with it moving but something in raw freezes it.

Also, with my issue, 10X is disabled so I don't think that factors in. I just cycle back and forth between 1X and 5X and that's when it freezes.

1%

I see, press play when that happens.

stevelucky

Quote from: 1% on September 09, 2013, 05:44:39 AM

Weird. Yeah, that fixes it. Thanks!

feureau

Crash logs: http://www.filedropper.com/archive_22

What happened:

* zoomed at 5x, pressing the autofocus button to LV autofocus, it failed to focus and then crashed.

* regularly recording raw with raw_rec.mo that produces .raw at 2.5k

Thanks for all the fish, 1%

sephiroth

Quote from: stevelucky on September 09, 2013, 04:24:07 AM
I should clarify the zoom issue I'm having. In the MLV raw module when the preview is set to Canon, it will freeze when cycled to 5X and then back to 1X. It doesn't seem to freeze when the preview mode is set to Hacked.

I had the same issue that it would freeze, most of the time i had to restart the camera, but to come around this for now, just disabled the 10x zoom mode so it only "cycles" between 1x and 5x. Try it.

sephiroth

Quote from: 1% on September 09, 2013, 05:44:39 AM

1%, BTW, the dolly mode (let you dolly with arrows) in RAW is very interesting. unfortunately it doesnt work in crop mode. I think right now its intended only for lower resolution , but would be awesome if it could be used in crop (as in crop even full HD is just 1/3rd horizontally and vertically so lets of space for some dolly action!). What do you think?

stevelucky

Quote from: sephiroth on September 09, 2013, 07:21:11 AM
I had the same issue that it would freeze, most of the time i had to restart the camera, but to come around this for now, just disabled the 10x zoom mode so it only "cycles" between 1x and 5x. Try it.

As I mentioned, I already have 10X disabled. I'm only cycling between 1X and 5X and it still freezes.

1%

QuoteASSERT: FALSE
at Memory\Memory.c:186

It ran out of memory for some reason.

QuoteBTW, the dolly mode (let you dolly with arrows) in RAW is very interesting. unfortunately it doesnt work in crop mode.

I still have to check some stuff out, its only been 48hrs, lol. Did it work on other modules?

Quotemost of the time i had to restart the camera

Play fixes it, I even recorded with the 10x blacked out like that. I think flipping fast between the display filter and not might be a problem with this sync method, I need to add the warning too that you'll come back to flickery magic zoom after using it.

alsey7

wait so 1% this built i just copy over my existing built? btw thx for all the hard work.

nevermind just backup my current build and installed your new updated one. everything is working so far. havnt playd with crop zoomed mode. just wanted the latest built and work great.

sephiroth

Quote from: 1% on September 09, 2013, 02:30:27 PM
It ran out of memory for some reason.

I still have to check some stuff out, its only been 48hrs, lol. Did it work on other modules?

Play fixes it, I even recorded with the 10x blacked out like that. I think flipping fast between the display filter and not might be a problem with this sync method, I need to add the warning too that you'll come back to flickery magic zoom after using it.

Was going to check it now, unfortunately i got a Canon 7D error code 30 "shooting is not possible due to an error". Probably it's not MLs fault , just very coincidental as i havnt seen it before i started using ML. Unless ML is using the shutter in some way of course - anyone knows?

sephiroth

Ok so taking out the lithium battery fixed it - not sure what this has to do with the shutter , but in case you run into the same thing that was the solution. Will pray i dont need to pay for a new shutter anytime soon. Living in Japan would probably make it convenient though.

ted ramasola

Just a heads up to those who want to test the latest build by 1% out in the field.

In camera format deletes the fir file.
The autoexec.bin and ML folders are retained.

So don't do a format of your cards and just delete files otherwise you won't be able to use the FPS override with crop mode.

I know these versions are still in progress, hopeful for it to be streamlined soon.
5DmkII  / 7D
Texas

1%

Yep... oops, maybe it has to be added to ML files. Also audio controls work but overriding the sound task is missing something, it won't start recording H264 with audio enabled... but thats not released yet so working on it.

ted ramasola

@1%,

doing several test takes with 32gig 1000x cf card at 1728 x 972, I encounter corrupt frames appearing at random.

This is at 1X recording not crop.
5DmkII  / 7D
Texas

RenatoPhoto

Quote from: 1% on September 08, 2013, 10:24:14 PM
So here it is:

http://www.filedropper.com/7dautobootfir

I guess mirror so it doesn't go away.

Quote from: RenatoPhoto on September 08, 2013, 10:36:39 PM
Keeps cutting out!  Maybe to many downloads?  How big is it?
Bump... I have a slow bandwidth and filedroper keeps cutting me out.  Any chance of posting this somewhere else?
http://www.pululahuahostal.com  |  EF 300 f/4, EF 100-400 L, EF 180 L, EF-S 10-22, Samyang 14mm, Sigma 28mm EX DG, Sigma 8mm 1:3.5 EX DG, EF 50mm 1:1.8 II, EF 1.4X II, Kenko C-AF 2X

feureau

Quote from: RenatoPhoto on September 10, 2013, 04:26:50 AM
Bump... I have a slow bandwidth and filedroper keeps cutting me out.  Any chance of posting this somewhere else?

How about this: http://www.mediafire.com/download/xp8bpb8pgek5svd/%5B7D%5DAutoBoot%2BFIR.zip

Also, dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jvm3lr7qzz7wof4/1%25%20Sept%209%202013%20%5B7D%5DAutoBoot%2BFIR.zip

Btw,

Quote from: 1% on September 09, 2013, 02:30:27 PM

Which one is the play button again? Play as in the playback/review button (the one immediately above the trash button) or the SET button?

stevelucky

Quote from: feureau on September 10, 2013, 05:09:50 AM
Which one is the play button again? Play as in the playback/review button (the one immediately above the trash button) or the SET button?

The one above the trash button.