7D Raw Thread

Started by noisyboy, August 05, 2013, 11:52:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dmk

feureau

Quote from: 1% on September 08, 2013, 06:59:54 PM
Well I'm going to check a few things and you're going to find out.

Sweet

*rubs hands*

RenatoPhoto

Quote from: 1% on September 08, 2013, 06:59:54 PM
Well I'm going to check a few things and you're going to find out.

Which binaries can I clone to follow your development?
http://www.pululahuahostal.com  |  EF 300 f/4, EF 100-400 L, EF 180 L, EF-S 10-22, Samyang 14mm, Sigma 28mm EX DG, Sigma 8mm 1:3.5 EX DG, EF 50mm 1:1.8 II, EF 1.4X II, Kenko C-AF 2X

1%

So here it is:

http://www.filedropper.com/7dautobootfir

I guess mirror so it doesn't go away.

Normal bin boots on startup and you can't fps override or do video hacks.. or other "RPC" things.
So when you're booted up just go over to update firmware and it will restart into master/slave mode and you should be good on those features. Best way to have one's cake and eat it too at this point.

Added
*Display Filters (peaking/defish/etc)
*Audio Meters whenever
*Audio should be recording with wav on either internal/external, (i think input volume stays from the canon menu, you can record audio off)
*Dialog timers can be turned off
*FPS override works in fir mode
*Video hacks

I'm lining up my card, so far only got ~75 MB/s in 5x mode which is worse than 50D.

*Bugs? Things I noticed:

*Starts up to metering selection menu? This camera took a fall so VF/TS doesn't work, a button could be stuck?
*Vignetting Correction. does it work? I can't tell
*H264 + fps override is untested, you don't "really" need it

All of the real edmacs for LV/etc are on the master and "hacked" previewless mode does seem to give some speed even with HDMI plugged in. 300MB shoot malloc with JPEG S

QuoteWhich binaries can I clone to follow your development?

Its all in the 6D repo but the caveat is that the dual bins must be signed. Still haven't figured out ADTG logging on the master side for shutter. I got HDR working... but it flashed in LV only, i know where it is on the master but dunno how to do MEM(address)+X and have it land on the master via RPC.

britom

EPIC! thanks a lot mister! updated also here http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=7987

Audio meters are working in the bin slave version for me!
7D Builds with RAW support: http://bit.ly/14Llzda

RenatoPhoto

http://www.pululahuahostal.com  |  EF 300 f/4, EF 100-400 L, EF 180 L, EF-S 10-22, Samyang 14mm, Sigma 28mm EX DG, Sigma 8mm 1:3.5 EX DG, EF 50mm 1:1.8 II, EF 1.4X II, Kenko C-AF 2X

stevelucky

Hmmmm. I'm having an issue with the new 1% build. How do you load modules? Under the modules section, it has them all listed and it even looks like some of them are loaded (or are enabled to load) but the functions aren't there. It shows th MLV module as green but the Load command is missing and I can't make the RAW functionality appear. Anyone else having this issue?

1%

The modules load on startup in both autoexec.bin and autoexec.fir... they should be loaded already when you're in the fir (set on what you want the first time you boot).

fpena06

Thank you sir! FPS override working like a charm.

JCBEos

First: a really big thanks Mr 1%! :)

Quote from: 1% on September 08, 2013, 10:24:14 PM
so far only got ~75 MB/s in 5x mode which is worse than 50D.

So do you think you'll be able to improve this?
My Youtube Channel -> comments and likes welcome ;)

1%

Hopefully. Not easy and immediate though... best I've seen is 77MB/s now. Although you can do a few seconds of 2K now.. if you drop the FPS some more then its continuous but where is the fun in that.

stevelucky

Quote from: 1% on September 08, 2013, 11:01:36 PM
The modules load on startup in both autoexec.bin and autoexec.fir... they should be loaded already when you're in the fir (set on what you want the first time you boot).

That's what I though but I must be doing something wrong. I updated all the files on my card with the new ones you provided. When I turn on he camera, I update the firmware via the Canon menu. It shows all the modules as if they've loaded, but when I go into the ML camera menu, the RAW options are not there. There's just no way to turn on RAW recording. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

vnguyen972

Quote from: stevelucky on September 09, 2013, 12:01:39 AM
That's what I though but I must be doing something wrong. I updated all the files on my card with the new ones you provided. When I turn on he camera, I update the firmware via the Canon menu. It shows all the modules as if they've loaded, but when I go into the ML camera menu, the RAW options are not there. There's just no way to turn on RAW recording. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

You might want to remove all of the previous modules you had then copy the 1% build over and then it might work for you.. I had the same problem.. I had previous build with .MLV raw and when I updated this over my existing files on the card, the modules shown loaded but I can't access Video raw.. then I did the above and it worked.
Love my EOS7D!

stevelucky

Quote from: vnguyen972 on September 09, 2013, 12:04:16 AM
You might want to remove all of the previous modules you had then copy the 1% build over and then it might work for you.. I had the same problem.. I had previous build with .MLV raw and when I updated this over my existing files on the card, the modules shown loaded but I can't access Video raw.. then I did the above and it worked.

Still not working for me. I deleted all the old modules and uploaded all the new ones. I also replaced the scripts and everything else. The modules that I've selected are green and say they will load on reboot, but they never do. I can see the FPS hack and it appears to be working, so I'm pretty sure I'm doing everything right! but RAW recording just will not show up. I don't need to use EOSCard to update my card or anything, right? I just replaced the files on the card manually (well, deleted them first and then uploaded the new ones. I'm really confused here....

RenatoPhoto

Quote from: stevelucky on September 09, 2013, 12:17:24 AM
Still not working for me. I deleted all the old modules and uploaded all the new ones. I also replaced the scripts and everything else. The modules that I've selected are green and say they will load on reboot, but they never do. I can see the FPS hack and it appears to be working, so I'm pretty sure I'm doing everything right! but RAW recording just will not show up. I don't need to use EOSCard to update my card or anything, right? I just replaced the files on the card manually (well, deleted them first and then uploaded the new ones. I'm really confused here....
In the new module system, the modules have to be enabled (on) by pressing set on the ones you want loaded.  Then reboot the camera.  There is no menu to load modules, etc

vnguyen972

Quote from: stevelucky on September 09, 2013, 12:17:24 AM

That's strange. Mine did the exact same thing.. all modules were "on, will load" and green but there was no video raw... so I removed all the modules on the card and recopied 1% build over... and video raw finally shows.
Love my EOS7D!

szigiszmund

Quote from: vnguyen972 on September 09, 2013, 12:38:39 AM
That's strange. Mine did the exact same thing.. all modules were "on, will load" and green but there was no video raw... so I removed all the modules on the card and recopied 1% build over... and video raw finally shows.

same thing happened here,now evrithing ok

ted ramasola

Working. Confirmed that you hav to update fir everytime you turn on cameta so fps over ride to work. ;)
Don't delete anything from last build just copy files and overwrite.

@1%

Great job making fps working albiet quirky.
Hoping youl fix also the freezing 10x magnify
since ml preview now works with 5x magnify
in crop mode 10x magnify is useful to confirm focus.
5DmkII  / 7D
www.ramasolaproductions.com
Texas

stevelucky

Quote from: RenatoPhoto on September 09, 2013, 12:27:38 AM
In the new module system, the modules have to be enabled (on) by pressing set on the ones you want loaded.  Then reboot the camera.  There is no menu to load modules, etc

Understood. I have the modules I want to load enabled. I turn off the camera, turn it back on but the modules still don't appear to be loaded. I never get the option to turn on raw recording even though the module is enabled. I tried with both the raw_rec module as well as the MLV module.

stevelucky

Quote from: stevelucky on September 09, 2013, 12:48:54 AM
Understood. I have the modules I want to load enabled. I turn off the camera, turn it back on but the modules still don't appear to be loaded. I never get the option to turn on raw recording even though the module is enabled. I tried with both the raw_rec module as well as the MLV module.

Hmmm. Well, I just copied over the entire directory and let it overwrite everything and that seemed to work. Before I had copied over the files individually but that didn't do it. Oh well.

szigiszmund

When first time I copied 1% version over the old version,if i choose the modules rec raw then i had no option in the menu to select shooting in RAW.
If we choose the module option to mlv rec then everything was ok, I could shoot in RAW the option was available.
When increased to 10x the image in live view it was working ok.
After I deleted everything on the card and then I copied 1% version again,everything seems ok except 10x magnifications,which now hangs and i have to disabled from the menu.

stevelucky

Just a thought for an awesome feature (and I would love it if this already exists, though I don't think it does), it would be great to be able to setup complex presets that we could save. So, for example, maybe I want to have a cinescope raw preset where I have a certain resolution and aspect ratio in my raw recording settings as well as have the cinescope cropmark enabled. It would be cool to be able to set it up exactly how I want it and then save all those settings under a preset that I can later recall. I can think of several different presets that I would use often, but take a while to setup and even then I run the risk of forgetting a particular setting, as well as the time that it takes setting it up. How awesome would it be to be able to just have a long list of custom presets that the user can set up and save?

Then you could probably even have these presets available for download so if one of us comes up with an awesome setting for [whatever cool stuff here]  they can share it with everyone. And if these presets were saved as individual files (which would probably be necessary if we were going to be able to share them) they could easily be backed up and when a new build comes out, we could just restore those files and have all our favorite settings easy to access, without having to set everything up again. I don't know. Just a thought. I wish I were a better programmer or I would get right on it. I'm apparently more of an "idea" guy.  ;)

stevelucky

Quote from: szigiszmund on September 09, 2013, 12:59:42 AM
When first time I copied 1% version over the old version,if i choose the modules rec raw then i had no option in the menu to select shooting in RAW.
If we choose the module option to mlv rec then everything was ok, I could shoot in RAW the option was available.
When increased to 10x the image in live view it was working ok.
After I deleted everything on the card and then I copied 1% version again,everything seems ok except 10x magnifications,which now hangs and i have to disabled from the menu.

So, I'm having a magnification issue as well, though a bit different. Magnification in RAW_REC works fine (I still have 10X disabled), but in MLV recording it's all messed up. As soon as I go to 5X zoom it turns black and white and when I hit it again to back to regular magnification, it totally freezes on me. I have to switch to photo mode and back (or off and on) to free it up. Bizarre.

Ozgur

So when exactly Magic Lantern development team would take action and take over this 7D RAW video? What do they need and what are they waiting for, is there some kind of code of ethic to have this on nightly builds when it is this close?

1%

Yea, the 10x just kills LV for me, probably the regs from 5x are applying?

Quote5X zoom it turns black and white

Thats the framing preview.