7D Raw Thread

Started by noisyboy, August 05, 2013, 11:52:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kh3naz

Quote from: arrinkiiii on August 29, 2013, 08:30:09 PM
Cool video, raw is amazing
Quote from: dmk on August 29, 2013, 08:31:42 PM
kh3naz, really nice composition and color there. Looks excellent :)

Much appreciated , not much interesting to see from my balcony , however 2.5k RAW makes anything pleasant to watch

arrinkiiii

Quote from: kh3naz on August 29, 2013, 09:02:21 PM
Much appreciated , not much interesting to see from my balcony , however 2.5k RAW makes anything pleasant to watch

lolol... exactly. But the edition, music everything g is good.

tjunkkila

Hi errybody!
Could anyone pack the latest working build and modules? I've got raw rec working but would be nice to catch up and see if everything's up date. So much stuff going on here all the time and missing few days at the forum won't help :)

Thanks in advantage.
Cheers.

dpmaia

Hi everybody,

I've been reading this thread for a while, can't tell how amazed I am with all the stuff going on,
now I feel ready to try and unleash the power of our beloved 7D.
One little question regarding external monitoring:
I read some posts saying that it would be ok to use external monitoring, but not being able to playback footage.
Than I read another post warning not to connect anything to the hdmi port.
Can someone help me with this? I really love my electronic viewfinder..

Greetings from Brazil,

Daniel

DragonFlame

Quote from: dpmaia on August 29, 2013, 09:21:03 PM
Hi everybody,

I've been reading this thread for a while, can't tell how amazed I am with all the stuff going on,
now I feel ready to try and unleash the power of our beloved 7D.
One little question regarding external monitoring:
I read some posts saying that it would be ok to use external monitoring, but not being able to playback footage.
Than I read another post warning not to connect anything to the hdmi port.
Can someone help me with this? I really love my electronic viewfinder..

Greetings from Brazil,

Daniel

While the external monitor will work I found it to be incredibly unstable, the ML interface would not display correctly and I would get lockups doing things that would not lock up without the monitor, you should be safe trying it as different hardware may have different results just be prepared to reset your camera a lot.
I ended up just removing mine for now because it frustrated me too much.

dpmaia

Quote from: DragonFlame on August 29, 2013, 09:41:59 PM
While the external monitor will work I found it to be incredibly unstable, the ML interface would not display correctly and I would get lockups doing things that would not lock up without the monitor, you should be safe trying it as different hardware may have different results just be prepared to reset your camera a lot.
I ended up just removing mine for now because it frustrated me too much.

Thanks, DragonFlame, hope this issue can be fixed in the future!

alsey7

im i missing something why are the dng file coming out like this.  I'm i using wrong settings?

screen shot on windows

gajorro

After some tests: vertical banding is noticeable using new build with MLV. I see no banding using RAW-anizer... But maybe it's just because I didn't have good material to compare. I'll shot something which is 100% comparable tomorrow.

DragonFlame

alsey7 what settings are you using, what type of lights are in that room, what ISO you set on ect ect.
The more info we have the better we can help you.

It looks like to me you are trying to take footage in a very dark room at a very high ISO with Dual ISO turned on and its causing a strange vertical pattern as a result.

thoma

@alsey7

If you're referring to the vertical lines - try disabling highlight tone priority, low iso noise reduction and long exposure noise reduction.

Hbr suggested this and it seems to have solved it for me.   On the other hand now i'm getting hot pixels in the shadows...

emmikiruba

Quote from: jman on August 29, 2013, 09:01:40 AM
Ok...so I did all the set up for raw video.  I also put on the cf card brunonicko's build for the liveview. When I tried recording in raw the files saved to the card were as an example M09-0657.raw. After effects would not open the raw file. When I tried photoshop CS6 it gave me a single layer grey image. What should I do here??? PLEASE !!! Cheers!!!

jman .... First convert your raw files to dng using 'rawtodng' for PC.. open dng files in Photoshop
colour correct them. save the preset for future use. apply it on all frames. Save it to Tiff . you can even upgrade to 2k or 4k if necessary. open them as sequences in Premiere. do the edits. the export in formats yu wanted. anyway it is very time consuming but the result should be amazing.!!

jman

Thanks emmikiruba for the advice. That is what I have done. Converted to dng and then into photoshop. Some clips had the pink frame and some did not. I have turned off small hacks and have card warm up set to 256. I have put the ML BrunoNicko build on the cf card also. Is there a build I am missing that provided a fix for the pink frame?? Thanks for the help. Cheers.

feureau

Quote from: jman on August 30, 2013, 05:36:32 AM
Thanks emmikiruba for the advice. That is what I have done. Converted to dng and then into photoshop. Some clips had the pink frame and some did not. I have turned off small hacks and have card warm up set to 256. I have put the ML BrunoNicko build on the cf card also. Is there a build I am missing that provided a fix for the pink frame?? Thanks for the help. Cheers.

If this is the same glitchy-magenta frames I've been getting: Your resolution setting is too high for your card. When setting the res, look at the bottom part of ML, if it's showing that the stream is too close to your card speed, it will sometimes cause this glitch. Set it a bit lower. e.g. on one of my slow cards, the write speed is at 50MB/s. I set the resolution that gives me a stream at around 42MB/s-ish

jman

Thank you feureau. The card I am using is a Lexar Pro 32gb 800x. The video I did on page 26 was done at 1152 x 648 29.8 mb/s @ 23.976. The first 2 clips had the glitches and the 3rd one was clean. Should be able to do better with this card I figure. I was told that even at 800x it's only really 633x for the 7d.

feureau

Quote from: jman on August 30, 2013, 07:48:10 AM
I was told that even at 800x it's only really 633x for the 7d.

Well, yeah, but don't put it like that. Just measure in MB/s since real-world performance usually don't match manufacturer's declared performance. (this is more of a marketing thing instead of the 7D limitations.

Quote from: Pelican on August 29, 2013, 08:09:29 PM
If somebody want to play with enabling the small hack on 7D then I made a pull request to the main repo...

Anyway, I was trying to compile the new pelican small hacks patch, did a clone to the hudson repo and build the raw_rec.mo but it seems the latest version is still older than the one posted here. Am I doing something wrong or is it just not approved yet? Using the virtualbox VM thingy that was provided.

szigiszmund

Quote from: jman on August 30, 2013, 07:48:10 AM
.I was told that even at 800x it's only really 633x for the 7d.

lexar 800x have low write performance,this is why the or cheaper.
Spec:
Max. Read Speed: 120MB/s
Max. Write Speed: 45MB/s
dont aspect to much from this card if you want to shoot raw
regards.

nick.p

Quote from: feureau on August 30, 2013, 08:05:41 AM
Anyway, I was trying to compile the new pelican small hacks patch, did a clone to the hudson repo and build the raw_rec.mo but it seems the latest version is still older than the one posted here. Am I doing something wrong or is it just not approved yet? Using the virtualbox VM thingy that was provided.
For those that are interested, here is a compiled version g3gg0's repo but with the small hack fixed as per pelican's repo:
http://www.nickpotts.com.au/downloads/ML_nick_g3gg0_30_Aug_2013.zip

ted ramasola

Quote from: nick.p on August 30, 2013, 08:39:41 AM
For those that are interested, here is a compiled version g3gg0's repo but with the small hack fixed as per pelican's repo:
http://www.nickpotts.com.au/downloads/ML_nick_g3gg0_30_Aug_2013.zip

I'm testing it now. Is this meant to fix that hack error that beeps everytime the recording start and stop?

Because its still there.
5DmkII  / 7D
www.ramasolaproductions.com
Texas

nick.p

Quote from: ted ramasola on August 30, 2013, 09:08:26 AM
I'm testing it now. Is this meant to fix that hack error that beeps everytime the recording start and stop?

Because its still there.
I'm not getting any errors with small hacks enabled.

ted ramasola

Quote from: nick.p on August 30, 2013, 09:11:14 AM
I'm not getting any errors with small hacks enabled.

After I replaced the files from your zip I even deleted the magic.cfg file and it still shows and beeps.

I'll try to make a new bootable card from eoscard and see.
5DmkII  / 7D
Texas

ted ramasola

yup. Hack error message still there.

Made new bootable card via Eoscard, then copy pasted your aug 30 files.
5DmkII  / 7D
Texas

obiyan19

Quote from: szigiszmund on August 30, 2013, 08:30:04 AM
lexar 800x have low write performance,this is why the or cheaper.
Spec:
Max. Read Speed: 120MB/s
Max. Write Speed: 45MB/s
dont aspect to much from this card if you want to shoot raw
regards.

i have 2 Mustang CF 633x Ultra DMA 6 CF cards, got 45MB/s max write speed too
600D + 7D + 5D2  // 24-105 L is ~ 100-400 L is ~ 18-200 is ~ 18-55 isII ~ sigma 50 f1.4 EX

nick.p

I think I found the problem. My caching software on the server has cached the old zip and not the new zip. I'll get a new link for ya all.

ted ramasola

Quote from: nick.p on August 30, 2013, 09:32:52 AM
I think I found the problem. My caching software on the server has cached the old zip and not the new zip. I'll get a new link for ya all.

so thats why a lot of the modules disappeared as well. :) I thought they were the ones causing the error.  ok, I'll test again when you've posted it.
5DmkII  / 7D
Texas

nick.p

http://www.nickpotts.com.au/downloads/ML_nick_g3gg0_30_Aug_2013_2.zip
I haven't compiled many of the modules. Tell me what you want compiled and I'll make another version.