7D Raw Thread

Started by noisyboy, August 05, 2013, 11:52:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dfgh

A couple of issue I have at the moment are manifying the screen to get focus, locks up the image on screen requiring a restart and a flashing bar where the histogram is when shooting. I only get the second problem (flashing) when using my Lexar 64gb 800x

tjunkkila

Here's my short contribution to battle of raw. Just some random shots. enjoy.

tjunkkila

Quote from: dfgh on August 28, 2013, 01:01:32 PM
A couple of issue I have at the moment are manifying the screen to get focus, locks up the image on screen requiring a restart and a flashing bar where the histogram is when shooting. I only get the second problem (flashing) when using my Lexar 64gb 800x

You probably mean the 10x zoom freezing problem. Try checking the ML menu and disable 10x zoom.
Can't help on the flickering issue. There are more wiser men on forum.

arrinkiiii

-For those who get the 10x zoom freeze => ML Menu /Prefs tab / LiveView zoom tweaks /Zoom x10, Disable

-For those who have update to the new compilation of britom with the new things/updates from g3gg0, like getting the MLV files in the root of your card (the new raw file from Magic Lantern), just use this http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=7802.msg70548#msg70548 for get the DNG's. Put one folder in the root of your disk with the mlv2dng.exe  and  your mlv file. Drag and drop (like it is hot) your mlv file in the mlv2dng program.

*Didn't try the version before the last one... but look like this last version is a lot more smooth.

-Flickering issue: For what i read is because the use of the highlight recovery slide and others recovery slides in ACR. I think if you don't use ACR you don't get this... or if you use curves for highlight recovery you can manage to not have flickering issues. Don't remember here i read this, but use the search feature.

Leonard

I basically managed to work out all the issues. The only thing I'm now left with is the error message and the loud beeping sound when starting a video with small hacks enabled. Is there a way around this?

Great advice about the 10x magnification by the way.

mucher

mlv2dng is so hard to use. With another program, I can specify which directory to put the DNG files, click GO, and it will convert by itself, and put different shots into different directory by itself, so I just need to put CF card into the card reader, choose a directory and click GO, then I can stay away from the program. But with mlv2dng, I need to copy all the files in the CF card root directory, deselect some ML files, copy all the files into mlv2dng's directory, drag and drop all the files on mlv2dng.exe(sometimes not working), and sort all all the footages and cut and paste to another directory.

BTW, one time I have got a very large like 600M size .m0 file with .mlv files, which I could not process and know not what it is.

arrinkiiii

Quote from: mucher on August 28, 2013, 03:49:09 PM
BTW, one time I have got a very large like 600M size .m0 file with .mlv files, which I could not process and know not what it is.

It's spanning files i think. Is wend you reach the 4gb file, the camera start spanning the file in files. You need to get together that files in one file. Exist a tool for that in ML forum.

JCBEos

My Youtube Channel -> comments and likes welcome ;)

vnguyen972

We need an MLVanizer for the MLV files!
Love my EOS7D!

Leonard

How are you guys getting MLV files? I'm getting one .raw file and once it exceeds the 4GB it adds additional .rar files. But I'm not getting any MLV files. Which is a good thing I suppose.

These files are easily converted with Rawmagic.

mucher

@JCBEos: The numbers are very exact and very close to the performance of my CF 800x, seemingly it is sth to do with the camera, rather than the program. Great tks.

@arrinkiiii: I will rather stay with the older version for now. Thanks. But I also get that "pink" garbage pictures in the image chain, like some others. I suspect that it happens more with higher write speed. 

arrinkiiii

we are trying to arrange funds for us to buy some necessary material for 1% developer can work in the code of 7D camera. He already manage to found the shipment of one 7D camera that ML user MAGIC 7D offer to 1%. Know we just need to buy one card.

For donation you just need to send me a private message with the amount that you want to donate. After you will receive a PM with the paypal account from Magic 7D user.

Any help is welcome. You can follow the the chart here,

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvJqzXLhtFjddERyZkRDQTYyOE93RXhNaHFEaUpYZEE#gid=0 

hbr

New Komputerbay 1000x works like a charm! Coninous RAW, no corrupted frames for now. AMAZING! I also did a little stereoscopic test with ML RAW, it looks amazing! ;-)

juanmelchor

Quote from: hbr on August 28, 2013, 04:55:26 PM
New Komputerbay 1000x works like a charm! Coninous RAW, no corrupted frames for now. AMAZING! I also did a little stereoscopic test with ML RAW, it looks amazing! ;-)

Hi! What is your Komputerbay card? 16GB, 32GB, 64GB or 128GB ?

wheezl

Quote from: hbr on August 28, 2013, 04:55:26 PM

What kind of write speeds are you getting?

hbr

@wheezl @juanmelchor
It's KomputerBay Professional 32GB 1000x UDMA7 CF
with RAW video 1728x972 it's writing 65-70 MB/s  , continuous without breaking a sweat ;-)

Leonard

Is there a way to hide the information on the top of the screen?

I checked the menu but couldn't find any option for this. Also I couldn't find anything on this board.

The listed information seems more distracting than useful.

wheezl

Quote from: hbr on August 28, 2013, 05:57:33 PM
@wheezl @juanmelchor
It's KomputerBay Professional 32GB 1000x UDMA7 CF
with RAW video 1728x972 it's writing 65-70 MB/s  , continuous without breaking a sweat ;-)

Very cool, have you run the benchmark on it to see what it tops out at there?

hbr

@wheezl yes,
In camera ML Benchmark goes about that 60-70 MB/s, in Windows benchmark (USB 3.0) 80-90 MB/s write speed.
In camera ML Benchmark for read is also around 60-70 MB/s, in Windows read speed is around 120 MB/s.

edit with @Leonard tip:
In camera with ML Benchmark wirte speed is 85-91 MB/s,  read speed is 100-105 MB/s

Leonard

Quick tip for getting more realistic benchmark results within the camera: Switch to photo mode and run the benchmark with live view turned off.

Then you should get the correct results.

Jared

:) Hi, Greetings to all, I have a question, what is the last compilation and that works best? I'm a little lost.
thank you very much.

Att Jared J.
Photographer, Videographer, RawVideo Lover.
Canon 7D / Canon 5DMKIII

hbr

Jared

MY FIRST RAW VIDEO TEST :)

Canon 7D / Canon 5DMKIII

britom

This made my day:

To clarify, there are 3 latest builds:

brunonicko's build with liveview freeze workaround
http://www.astronautafilmes.com/clientes/magiclantern/ML_BrunoNicko_26_Ago_2013.zip

my first build with liveview freeze workaround, some other updates from the bitbucket repo and latest original raw_rec module that outputs RAW format
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ifyeas56ltuqhg1/P-PeTt1Llz

my second build with liveview freeze workaround, some other updates from the bitbucket repo and g3ggo's latest raw_rec module for testing that outputs MLV format (Some people reported higher write speeds with this build)
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2358mdjq2msnivd/9jZlmta0Fb

Just select one build you want and download and extract (if you downloaded a zip file) all the files to your CF card

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK :P
7D Builds with RAW support: http://bit.ly/14Llzda

Jared

Thanx Hbr and Britom!!!
try these and see what works for me
Canon 7D / Canon 5DMKIII