7D Raw Thread

Started by noisyboy, August 05, 2013, 11:52:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aquablue71

thanks Ted. Seems working now :)
Great work. Now i have to play a little bit to get a feeling for the tool...

Scott7D

Awesome work Brunonicko!
I got my Lexar 1000x card last week and I'm getting my USB 3.0 card reader this week.

I just want to make sure we don't forget about 1% getting Magic 7D's slightly broken 7D body so that we can get the 7D ML code up to where the other ports are at for all of the other modules, etc.

brunonicko

Thanks, guys. Real credits goes to Britom, he discovered the edmac issue.
Arrinkiiii, the new features are available in hudson's repo, I believe? I should try later to compile from there and see if it works.
Morning here in Brazil, gonna make some test clips now!  :)

slybugg

Thanks brunonicko and Britom.

I just shot continuously at 1280 x 720 on a Hoodman 300x card, which benchmarks at 37MBs, and 296mbs, with Live View for the first time. 

When I shot over a minute or so, my raw file had a Unix file that with the suffix ROO or R00 at the end.  The Unix file was the large file, and neither could be transcoded into dng files. 

Very happy with this.  The 720p file is so much richer than the h.264 1080p files I shot as a comparison test.

1%

Heh, so for the edmac there is a function called reslock that locks those resources from canon... you can also use it to find/check free edmacs. So what is missing on 7D?

Display filter I saw,
FPS override too?
Wav probably needs input gain/mic selection like 6D.

Maybe a1ex/g3gg0 knows this: why are we running on the slave proc and not the master? Master seems to have access to more stuff, right? No bulkIPC usage?

tjunkkila

Just shot 7secs of 720p raw on Transcend 400x card. Got to check the stores for a faster card, but the point is raw rec works :)
The liveview freezes at 10x zoom. Any fixes on that?

PressureFM

Quote from: slybugg on August 26, 2013, 02:48:36 PM
Thanks brunonicko and Britom.

I just shot continuously at 1280 x 720 on a Hoodman 300x card, which benchmarks at 37MBs, and 296mbs, with Live View for the first time. 

When I shot over a minute or so, my raw file had a Unix file that with the suffix ROO or R00 at the end.  The Unix file was the large file, and neither could be transcoded into dng files. 

Very happy with this.  The 720p file is so much richer than the h.264 1080p files I shot as a comparison test.

You need to join the files, they should be called Mxx-xxxx.RAW and any subsequent spanned file should share the same name but end in .RXX.

Files are automatically spanned when you reach the 4 GB limit of the FAT32 file system.

arrinkiiii

Quote from: brunonicko on August 26, 2013, 02:28:53 PM
Thanks, guys. Real credits goes to Britom, he discovered the edmac issue.
Arrinkiiii, the new features are available in hudson's repo, I believe? I should try later to compile from there and see if it works.
Morning here in Brazil, gonna make some test clips now!  :)

Yes, i think there is everything that we need for try the latest ML functions. The new autoexec.bat with dinamic menu is very useful.

Quote from: Scott7D on August 26, 2013, 02:22:49 PM
I just want to make sure we don't forget about 1% getting Magic 7D's slightly broken 7D body so that we can get the 7D ML code up to where the other ports are at for all of the other modules, etc.

Im waiting that Magic 7D send me an PM with the shipment price. And we are ready to go. A lot to do in the 7D  :D

Quote from: 1% on August 26, 2013, 03:14:13 PM
Heh, so for the edmac there is a function called reslock that locks those resources from canon... you can also use it to find/check free edmacs. So what is missing on 7D?

Display filter I saw,
FPS override too?
Wav probably needs input gain/mic selection like 6D.

Maybe a1ex/g3gg0 knows this: why are we running on the slave proc and not the master? Master seems to have access to more stuff, right? No bulkIPC usage?

Yes, also fps override, audio, etc... Is dual-iso workes with  raw video? Can we use exfat, for not spanning the files and go more then 4GB?

1%

Thats a good question, I only see it for photo. I guess needs regs for LV. If its like 50D and ONLY has one reg for LV then its boned, otherwise LV should work. The regs are on the master, maybe that is the problem.

arrinkiiii

Quote from: 1% on August 26, 2013, 03:57:09 PM
Thats a good question, I only see it for photo. I guess needs regs for LV. If its like 50D and ONLY has one reg for LV then its boned, otherwise LV should work. The regs are on the master, maybe that is the problem.

Yes i think have more then one reg and the difficult is because is because of the master processor

1%

So anyone tried to compile the 7D master version and run it?

britom

Compiled under linux with latest changes:

- Raw video works good
- Removed autoexpo.mo because of some conflicts.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ifyeas56ltuqhg1/P-PeTt1Llz

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK :P
7D Builds with RAW support: http://bit.ly/14Llzda

obiyan19

any chance to have continuous full HD without crop mode ? or 1728 x 972 is the maximum reachable ? benchmark get good results with 1000x cards ?
600D + 7D + 5D2  // 24-105 L is ~ 100-400 L is ~ 18-200 is ~ 18-55 isII ~ sigma 50 f1.4 EX

1%

Can't go higher unless we figure out how to set custom resolutions for LV. I think the middle ground is figuring out FPS override so you can have 24fps in crop mode rather than the 30.

britom

I think we need to find the reslock stub

1%

Yep, and run the test. I have no FW yet so I can't check stuff out.

After that figure out how to freeze the LV again for hacked mode.

stevelucky

Someone mentioned something earlier but I wanted to double-check, has there been some progress made with 128gb cards? Will they work with ML on the 7D now?

dmk

my understanding is that using 128GB cards for shooting isn't a problem, you just need to load ML from another card first

All these developments are making me impatient... I think I'll just order the 1050x card and card reader and report back how they work. Seems there's no real definitive reason why they wouldn't

:)

dfgh

Hey,

Can someone please explain to me how I get continuous RAW record and dual ISO module to work? I have Burst RAW working. Do I copy and paste Modules and autoexec on to the CF or do I have to do something else?

britom

Alternative build using the latest raw_rec from g3gg0:

- Write speed increased (Can anyone confirm?)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2358mdjq2msnivd/9jZlmta0Fb

Dont forget to copy all the files and enable the raw_rec and ime_base modules or it wont work.

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK :P

stevelucky

Quote from: dmk on August 26, 2013, 04:49:26 PM
my understanding is that using 128GB cards for shooting isn't a problem, you just need to load ML from another card first

All these developments are making me impatient... I think I'll just order the 1050x card and card reader and report back how they work. Seems there's no real definitive reason why they wouldn't

:)

Can anyone confirm this?

1%

Just guessing... but if 128GB cards work on 5DII and 50D there is no reason they won't on 7D. People who bought a 128/64, etc and tried to run the fir are the ones that had problems.

Walter Schulz

I thought about this one:
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=7503.msg65883#msg65883
Maybe ted has some new insight to share.

Ciao, Walter

mucher

You probably have heard, 7D's supported file system for the CF card is FAT32 which has a maximum allocatable sectors of 2^32, so that, which I have heard, translated to the maximum allocatable partition that is 32gb.

There might be a hack to this, that is to format the CF card manually assigning a very large sector (but that will mean waste some space), just format with "format /?" in Windows command promt to see what options you can get. I haven't tried this on my camera, the camera might not recognize the file system.

It is also heard that if you don't format the CF card in the camera, the camera's write speed will decrease over time, so you need to perform the format operation from time to time.

My 2 cents.

Pelican

I refreshed the ML zip on my site (http://pel.hu/ML/magiclantern-7D.203.Alpha2.zip) with BrunoNicko's version so EOScards downloads that now with working LV during raw_rec.

If anyone can compile ML 7D regularly and make a complete zip file  and upload it somewhere with the same name then I can set up EOScard to use that link.

Cheers from Brazil.

EOS 7D Mark II, EOS 7D, EOS 5, EOS 100 + lenses (10mm to 300mm), 600EX, 550EX, YN600EX x 3
EOScard, EOS DSLR firmwares, ARMu, NiControl, etc.: http://pel.hu/down