7D Raw Thread

Started by noisyboy, August 05, 2013, 11:52:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

britom

Try coping all the modules from the link, and if it still dont work, delete your preferences.
7D Builds with RAW support: http://bit.ly/14Llzda

gajorro

Wow, it's working now but very choppy and on my 400x card stops after few frames. Without live view I was able to record continously at 1728x576... But it's still awesome:D

Thin_soldier

Great not tried it yet - but Britom You rock!

chroma

Just ran Britom's new modules.  Live View is choppy, doesn't freeze, but my buffers immediately fill and after about 100 frames (at 1472x626) it stops and alerts me to "corruption in frames"  So I went back to the previous version and everything is as was before (I use the "greenscreen" checker for monitoring--great when shooting in low light).

Too bad it didn't work, but I definitely think you're on the right track!  Keep at that code...it's in there somewhere!

arrinkiiii

The same from here.

Big up for you britom !!!  ...I can already hear the sound of the cork bursting of the bottle of champagne  :D

ted ramasola

Britom,

got 10 and 20 frames only. with corrupted frames. Keep at it man! I don't think you are far from cracking it.
5DmkII  / 7D
www.ramasolaproductions.com
Texas

mucher

#elif defined(CONFIG_7D)
uint32_t edmac_read_chan = 0x19; 
uint32_t edmac_write_chan = 0x04;
#else
uint32_t edmac_read_chan = 0x19;
uint32_t edmac_write_chan = 0x11;
#endif

This looks a little bit better to me.

arrinkiiii

@britom

Did you try this from mucher?

hbr

I am going to spend again money on new CF card.... Anybody knows which CF card is working best with 7D?
The Kingston Ultimate 600X I have, shows 40 MB/s in benchmark software, but in camera with ML shows only 20 MB/s.

I want to be sure that this new one will handle raw shooting continuously....
Thanks.

p.s. @Britom and @Mucher why do you use channel 4? I mean why specifically channel 4?

kh3naz

Here , this will make you cry and never want to shoot with H264 again

RAW 2.5K 100% crop

H264 100% crop

vnguyen972

Love my EOS7D!

hbr

Just noticed slight flickering in middle/dark grays while shooting raw video. Anyone have this issue?

kh3naz

Quote from: hbr on August 23, 2013, 10:25:45 PM
Just noticed slight flickering in middle/dark grays while shooting raw video. Anyone have this issue?

I had that issue and have seen it in other people's videos , i double checked the settings and i never figured out what is causing it

arrinkiiii

Quote from: hbr on August 23, 2013, 09:27:57 PM
I am going to spend again money on new CF card.... Anybody knows which CF card is working best with 7D?
The Kingston Ultimate 600X I have, shows 40 MB/s in benchmark software, but in camera with ML shows only 20 MB/s.

I think is the same for other CF cameras. The KomputerBay 64Gb or 32Gb are the most fast... and cheap. But think that Ted Ramasola quem tell you better.

Quote from: hbr on August 23, 2013, 10:25:45 PM

I also got this but mainly in the highlights (skys) i think this is from ACR  :-\

Ozgur

Quote from: kh3naz on August 23, 2013, 09:53:01 PM
Here , this will make you cry and never want to shoot with H264 again

Are these images form the same camera, same lens, same angle and same Focal length? Because hard to believe!!

kh3naz

Quote from: Ozgur on August 23, 2013, 10:47:55 PM
Are these images form the same camera, same lens, same angle and same Focal length? Because hard to believe!!

lol , yes this is the 7D's H264 with cinestyle vs ML 2.5k RAW

same lens , same aperture and iso etc , different focal length since i tried to match the 2.5k 5x crop , but you get the idea  ;D

Ozgur

Quote from: kh3naz on August 23, 2013, 11:01:20 PM
lol , yes this is the 7D's H264 with cinestyle vs ML 2.5k RAW

same lens , same aperture and iso etc , different focal length since i tried to match the 2.5k 5x crop , but you get the idea  ;D

I want to curse at Canon!! For the sake of money they are screwing people, just like any capitalised industry i guess... The hell with H 264, long live Magic Lantern!

ted ramasola

Quote from: arrinkiiii on August 23, 2013, 10:45:36 PM
I think is the same for other CF cameras. The KomputerBay 64Gb or 32Gb are the most fast... and cheap. But think that Ted Ramasola quem tell you better.

I concur. Get a KomputerBay 32 or 64gig 1000x.
5DmkII  / 7D
www.ramasolaproductions.com
Texas

hbr

Thank you @ted ramasola and @arrinkiiii ... will go with that then....

Here is some quick test footage, comparing h264 and raw in sharpness and terms of post processing capabilities:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oM-SIQp5-_c&feature=youtu.be

flofifull

Hi everybody ! I'm back with my 7D. Just made another one (2.5K, crop mode, with a limit of 59 frames) :

edwmotion

Quote from: flofifull on August 23, 2013, 11:35:07 PM
Hi everybody ! I'm back with my 7D. Just made another one (2.5K, crop mode, with a limit of 59 frames) :

Really beautiful.   :'(

Ozgur

Guys quick question; Just recently purchased Lee kit and graduated ND glass. Since RAW video shooting hopefully(!) will be stable on 7D as well, do I still need the Graduated ND glasses or could I recover every contrast details in the post (if I set the exposure for the whole frame) without being in need for a filter glass?

stevelucky

Quote from: mityazabuben on August 23, 2013, 11:45:44 PM
anyone using this card http://wellcorping.en.alibaba.com/product/1052403491-218766918/Wellcore_CF_Card6_0_with_1100X_are_provided_now_.html?edm_src=sys&edm_type=fdbk&edm_grp=0&edm_cta=read_msg&edm_time=realtime&edm_ver=e
?

I just contacted them about getting one. I get a lot of stuff from Alibaba for work and it's always hit or miss. Hopefully it's not too expensive and I can afford to pick one up.

crwn_schlr

Quote from: Ozgur on August 24, 2013, 12:33:57 AM
Guys quick question; Just recently purchased Lee kit and graduated ND glass. Since RAW video shooting hopefully(!) will be stable on 7D as well, do I still need the Graduated ND glasses or could I recover every contrast details in the post (if I set the exposure for the whole frame) without being in need for a filter glass?

considering that ND glass is often used on high end digital cinema cameras that shoot raw, I would definitely still recommend using it.

I've shot in direct sunlight using raw, with out an nd filter and while the increased Dynamic range makes it more manageable than h264 it's still ideal to be able to completely control exposure. I shot a lot of F32 stuff and the lenses just aren't really designed to hold up in sharpness at that aperture at length.

I'm still experimenting with exposure, and achieving the best results through my workflow. I think ettr is a good method to follow. Though I've exposed to the shadows a couple times and gotten good results. It's really case by case basis.