7D Raw Thread

Started by noisyboy, August 05, 2013, 11:52:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arrinkiiii

I didn't notice any  :-\

kh3naz

Well that was fun , it showed me that i truly needed 2.5k+ and RAW , for more than 2 secs  ;D

I'm going to preorder the BMPC4k and be done with it

Thank you all for your hard work !!

arrinkiiii

Quote from: kh3naz on August 11, 2013, 10:57:37 PM
Well that was fun , it showed me that i truly needed 2.5k+ and RAW , for more than 2 secs  ;D

I'm going to preorder the BMPC4k and be done with it

Thank you all for your hard work !!

If you got the money just go for it  :D 

juanmelchor

Hello! I installed magiclantern on my 7D as explained the guide, with the modules: dual iso, file man, pic view and ettr. But when I paste in the MODULES folder card "rec raw" module does not work either ... It says "Linkin failed" at all. What I can do? Thank you very much!

ted ramasola

Quote from: juanmelchor on August 12, 2013, 07:47:00 PM
Hello! I installed magiclantern on my 7D as explained the guide, with the modules: dual iso, file man, pic view and ettr. But when I paste in the MODULES folder card "rec raw" module does not work either ... It says "Linkin failed" at all. What I can do? Thank you very much!

juan,

Is it the latest august 11 raw_rec module from pelican but compiled by Thomas Worth?
If so, download it again and copy paste again into your CF. I also got a file error when I loaded modules in ML menu. Re-downloaded, copy pasted it again and it loaded.
5DmkII  / 7D
www.ramasolaproductions.com
Texas

juanmelchor

Quote from: ted ramasola on August 12, 2013, 10:07:19 PM
juan,

Is it the latest august 11 raw_rec module from pelican but compiled by Thomas Worth?
If so, download it again and copy paste again into your CF. I also got a file error when I loaded modules in ML menu. Re-downloaded, copy pasted it again and it loaded.

Thank you very much for the help Ted! Yes, the module "raw_rec" that is installed on 11th August, but does not work. When I copy "raw_rec" in the modules folder does not work any module. I downloaded the files again and I have copied to the card, but does not work. Could you send your files in the "CF" email to prove it?

ted ramasola

Quote from: juanmelchor on August 12, 2013, 10:37:17 PM
Thank you very much for the help Ted! Yes, the module "raw_rec" that is installed on 11th August, but does not work. When I copy "raw_rec" in the modules folder does not work any module. I downloaded the files again and I have copied to the card, but does not work. Could you send your files in the "CF" email to prove it?

here's what i did completely.

After i found that aug 11 raw_rec had file error. I took cf out.
I re-copied an older one by pelican aug 10. Boot up- raw-rec loaded.
Took out cf.
Re downloaded one posted by thomas -overwrite the aug 10 with the just downloaded aug 11 and it loaded.

I'll send you via email the raw_rec if you have problems.
5DmkII  / 7D
www.ramasolaproductions.com
Texas

kh3naz

just a quick test from my balcony

arrinkiiii

@kh3naz

Nice video! 2.5k is beautiful  :D

kh3naz

Quote from: arrinkiiii on August 12, 2013, 11:23:27 PM
@kh3naz

Nice video! 2.5k is beautiful  :D

Thanks!

unfortunately the video is really compressed on vimeo , i think ill give youtube a try with "original" quality

nick.p

Quote from: juanmelchor on August 12, 2013, 10:37:17 PM
If it helps, I renamed the module to all capital letters and didn't have any problems. Maybe that is the issue?

juanmelchor

Quote from: nick.p on August 13, 2013, 07:41:45 AM
If it helps, I renamed the module to all capital letters and didn't have any problems. Maybe that is the issue?

Hello! Thanks nick.p! Do I have to put capital letters only to the module "raw_rec" or all the files in the modules folder? I'll try it this afternoon. Thank you very much for the help!

I do not know what is the problem but all modules work until I install the module raw_rec...  :(

nick.p

Quote from: juanmelchor on August 13, 2013, 08:47:24 AM
Hello! Thanks nick.p! Do I have to put capital letters only to the module "raw_rec" or all the files in the modules folder? I'll try it this afternoon. Thank you very much for the help!

I do not know what is the problem but all modules work until I install the module raw_rec...  :(
I renamed every letter so it looked something like RAW_REC.MO.

EOSHD

Started testing with my 1000x KomputerBay card.

1728x567 and 1600x600 at 24p = continuous.

When resolution goes above 600 pixels, no matter what the data-rate or horizontal resolution the camera switches to a mode of operation which is completely different.

It fills the buffer like Silent Pics and won't empty the buffer and write to the card at the same time. Drop to 600 or below and the red indicator blinks whilst recording, video goes direct to the card and the buffer hardly even begins to fill. The frame past 600 pixels vertically is corrupt.

slink

EOSHD

My KomputerBay 1000x 64gb card is displaying the exact same behavior as Andrew's.

1728x567 works and 1600x600 as well, continuous. I thought that 600px vertical was the max, however I was getting continuous recording at 1472x626 as well.

going over these resolutions vertically, I experience the same as Andrew and all of the frames are corrupted past 600px vertical. 

biere1

Hi everybody,
i'm really new to ML.
I just installed it and works nice (still hadn't made my CF bootable so i just have to restart ML everytime i switch the camera off, but no problem).

My issue here is that i can't shoot raw. I can't find the option in the ML menu.
I read that there are some extra files to download and replace called "7D_203.sym.txt" and "autoexec.bin" but i can't find any of them on my CF to replace with the downloaded ones.
So, maybe i'm missing something.

Sorry if i'm asking something already covered in other threads, but i tried to search for a solution and still haven't found any.
I'm obviously working on a 7D with Macbook pro OsX Lion.

Can you provide me a "dumb-proof" step by step guide to get the raw shooting option working on my camera?

Thanks to anybody that would help me.

EOSHD

Stupidly, OSX adds the .txt extension when you download the file. You have to instead ctrl-click the link, choose "Download Linked File As...", make sure the filename ends with .sym not .sym.txt and then when OSX prompts you to add text file extension tell it to f**k off :)

Almost as bad behaviour as auto-save and removal of save as in many new OSX apps. Apple going down hill.

arrinkiiii

@ biere1

Here is your  "dumb-proof"  :D

http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=7464.0

This threat only have 6 pages ::)

arrinkiiii

Quote from: EOSHD on August 13, 2013, 09:48:33 PM
Started testing with my 1000x KomputerBay card.

1728x567 and 1600x600 at 24p = continuous.

When resolution goes above 600 pixels, no matter what the data-rate or horizontal resolution the camera switches to a mode of operation which is completely different.

It fills the buffer like Silent Pics and won't empty the buffer and write to the card at the same time. Drop to 600 or below and the red indicator blinks whilst recording, video goes direct to the card and the buffer hardly even begins to fill. The frame past 600 pixels vertically is corrupt.

Yes, is what happen. Didn't know above the 600 pixels switches to a different mode of operation.  Now we just need some one with good will (and free time) that can adjust the code  ::)

britom

Just wanted to share this with you guys.
7D Builds with RAW support: http://bit.ly/14Llzda

juanmelchor

Quote from: nick.p on August 13, 2013, 08:49:00 AM
I renamed every letter so it looked something like RAW_REC.MO.

Hi!

I tried to change the letters by capital letters, but does not work. All modules work, but... when I put the "raw_rec" in modules folder do not work nothing. Also when I turn on the camera I get a message that says "is not AV Mode". I'll try another card later.

Thank you very much to all for the help!

arrinkiiii

@britom

Love the video, love the music :D

What workflow did you use? I see also some flicker in the sky, did you use ACR in the workflow?

@juanmelchor

You need to update your raw module... but also 2 more files. In total,

7D_203.sym
autoexec.bin
raw_rec.mo

Here you will get wall the info that you need,

http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=3974.1275

http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=7508.0

http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=3974.msg65694#msg65694   <--- Files

Go to warning settings in ML menu and disable the warning for the Av Mode  ::)

Walter Schulz

Quote from: juanmelchor on August 14, 2013, 09:12:23 AMwhen I put the "raw_rec" in modules folder do not work nothing. Also when I turn on the camera I get a message that says "is not AV Mode". I'll try another card later.

See http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=7508.msg66589#msg66589 and below.

Ciao
Walter