7D Raw Thread

Started by noisyboy, August 05, 2013, 11:52:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arrinkiiii

Quote from: Walter Schulz on August 06, 2013, 06:41:55 PM
Has someone tested ETTR in this build? No luck on my side of the screen.
Proper bug report will follow.

Ciao, Walter

With this last build i haven't try yet. But in the build before it works.

stevelucky

Quote from: Audionut on August 06, 2013, 10:22:55 AM
I've got an updated 7D build here:  https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6k0bh72mbb52fsi/k2Nx-hV2Aa

I get a lockup when I try to load any of the modules in this latest build. It locks up on the "Scanning modules..." screen. I have to remove the battery to get the screen to go away. Just turning off the camera doesn't do it. Does anyone else experience that?

arrinkiiii

Quote from: stevelucky on August 06, 2013, 07:48:42 PM
I get a lockup when I try to load any of the modules in this latest build. It locks up on the "Scanning modules..." screen. I have to remove the battery to get the screen to go away. Just turning off the camera doesn't do it. Does anyone else experience that?

This happen with me one time wend i try to load 2 times the modules... saying something like "modules already loaded" and this small box never go's way.

stevelucky

Quote from: arrinkiiii on August 06, 2013, 07:53:08 PM
This happen with me one time wend i try to load 2 times the modules... saying something like "modules already loaded" and this small box never go's way.

I've done a little more testing by disabling all the modules and loading them one at a time and here's what I'm getting:

When I try to load dual_iso i get an error that says:
"tcc: error: undefined symbol 'file_prefix_set'
"tcc: error: undefined symbol 'file_prefix_reset'
[E] failed to link modules"

When I try to load file_man I get:
"Load modules...
load: FILE_MAN.MO
Linking..."
And it just stays on that screen and I have to remove the battery to get it to go away.

When I try to load ettr I get locked on the "Scanning modules..." screen and I have to remove the battery to get it to go away.

I can successfully load pic_view but it doesn't seem to function. I have DNG images that I acquired through shooting burst but it still says no image when I try to view them with the pic_view module loaded.

arrinkiiii

@stevelucky

Im going install the last build for see what happens with the modules.

jemabaris

Quote from: arrinkiiii on August 06, 2013, 08:39:49 PM
@stevelucky

Im going install the last build for see what happens with the modules.

Everything works fine here :D

Walter Schulz

Quote from: jemabaris on August 06, 2013, 08:46:09 PMEverything works fine here :D

ETTR works as intended?

Ciao, Walter

stevelucky

Quote from: jemabaris on August 06, 2013, 08:46:09 PM

Everything works fine here :D

Hmmm. Okay, maybe it's just me.  :o I'm not sure what I can do differently though....

yavaro

Test Canon 7D Raw - crop mode - Magic Lantern - Handheld + sharp + VSCO

http://vimeo.com/71834341

@ crop mode I only get 35 frames... not so fast card...

jemabaris

Quote from: Walter Schulz on August 06, 2013, 08:55:29 PM
ETTR works as intended?

Ciao, Walter

ETTR works like are charm ;) if not even better and faster than before^^ btw are you german, Walter?

Walter Schulz

Quote from: jemabaris on August 06, 2013, 09:02:13 PM
ETTR works like are charm ;) if not even better and faster than before^^

Good for you! I will install ML from scratch on a second card and hope for the best.

Quote from: jemabaris on August 06, 2013, 09:02:13 PMbtw are you german, Walter?

Yes, why?

Ciao, Walter

jemabaris

arrinkiiii

Every thing is working good with the last build, but the pic view modulo don't work.

-ETTR i think just work in photo mode with LiveView on. You push the SET button and he make the auto ETTR, then you just need to shoot. Silent burst or raw photo. ETTR just work with RAW.

-Pic View modulo don't work, at least for me. 

Silent Pic Burst

Normal= 41 frames
Zoom 5x= 35 frames

Sandisk Extreme
60MB/s 
8GB

jemabaris

Quote from: arrinkiiii on August 06, 2013, 09:15:24 PM
Every thing is working good with the last build, but the pic view modulo don't work.

-ETTR i think just work in photo mode with LiveView on. You push the SET button and he make the auto ETTR, then you just need to shoot. Silent burst or raw photo. ETTR just work with RAW.

-Pic View modulo don't work, at least for me. 

Also, ETTR only works in M with a fixed ISO... (just choose any, it will be changed anyway)

Pic view also works perfectly fine for me. :D

Walter Schulz

Installed ML on another card and ETTR works just fine.

Deleted MAGIC.CFG from first one (installed yesterday, updated today) and it works, too.

May I suggest to the people having troubles with todays build (after updating) to move MAGIC.CFG from SETTINGS (or to rename it) and to try again?

Ciao, Walter

Pelican

Probably there are different versions of modules and somebody uses one version of the module another one uses another version.
Maybe it's time to mark the modules with version number or date or something to make it recognizable/distinguishable.
EOS 7D Mark II, EOS 7D, EOS 5, EOS 100 + lenses (10mm to 300mm), 600EX, 550EX, YN600EX x 3
EOScard, EOS DSLR firmwares, ARMu, NiControl, etc.: http://pel.hu/down

arrinkiiii

Quote from: Pelican on August 06, 2013, 09:43:02 PM
Probably there are different versions of modules and somebody uses one version of the module another one uses another version.
Maybe it's time to mark the modules with version number or date or something to make it recognizable/distinguishable.

Yes, it would be more easy.

I can't manage work with the pic_view modulo  :-\

jemabaris

Quote from: arrinkiiii on August 06, 2013, 09:55:14 PM

I can't manage work with the pic_view modulo  :-\

Since the latest build is working 100% try the following:

Format your CF card with your PC to NTFS. Put it back in your camera and format it again.
Then paste all the files from the latest release to it. the "autoexec.bin" to the root all other fils to "magiclantern/modules".
Boot up your camera, go to the modules tab and enable autoload modules. switch your camera off and back on.

Take a DNG seequence with silent picture.

Then go to File Manager under the "Debug" tab. Navigate to   DCIM/100EOS7D/and there are your DNG files. press set and then "view" to get a grey scale preview.

Good luck

arrinkiiii

@jemabaris

I almost call to the ML Hot-Line 0800-754-754   ;D  but with this explanation...  ;D

THANK YOU jemabaris  didn't knew that for see the dng's you need to go to Debug tab for see the pictures. I just carried on the play/review button on camera and nothing happen. Now i know how to see the dng's, in gray scale.

More one time, thank you for you time and explanation  :D

MaxK7D

How long should I expect (Recording... Remaining images :1) to take it has been about 20min so far?

jemabaris

Quote from: MaxK7D on August 06, 2013, 10:32:44 PM
How long should I expect (Recording... Remaining images :1) to take it has been about 20min so far?

I have no idea what you are talking about, haha. But there is no process lasting 20 minutes.. Probably something stuck or froze^^

MaxK7D

Ok thanks just pulled the battery out

stevelucky

Quote from: jemabaris on August 06, 2013, 10:04:24 PM

Since the latest build is working 100% try the following:

Format your CF card with your PC to NTFS. Put it back in your camera and format it again.
Then paste all the files from the latest release to it. the "autoexec.bin" to the root all other fils to "magiclantern/modules".
Boot up your camera, go to the modules tab and enable autoload modules. switch your camera off and back on.

This fixed all my issues. All my modules are loading great now. Thanks!

LEVISDAVIS

... How well does the 7D hold up when shooting raw with a Mosaic Engineering anti-aliasing filter? Starting to think that this would be an excellent combination for production work. Any testers out there?
Levi S. Davis

arrinkiiii

Quote from: LEVISDAVIS on August 07, 2013, 12:05:44 PM
... How well does the 7D hold up when shooting raw with a Mosaic Engineering anti-aliasing filter? Starting to think that this would be an excellent combination for production work. Any testers out there?

I got the same question, if the Mosaic Engineering filter going to work good with raw... or is just good  for the 1080p h.264 ?