7D Raw Thread

Started by noisyboy, August 05, 2013, 11:52:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

breaker

Thanks a lot 1%! ETTR/INT is working fine now. Bracketing also seems to work as it should. Great work as always  :)
EOS 7D | EOS 650D | Sigma 30mm f/1.4 | Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 | Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 STM | 50D RAW Monster :-D

number48

As my first post on the forum, I just wanted to voice my huge & sincere thanks to both the developers AND the contributors for making the past month of my life intense, exciting and at the same time a compulsive misery as I have got up to speed with ML on the 7D.... I have, what I hope, is not too obvious and off-topic a question... Is the 64GB 1000x Komputerbay CF card the only way to go for 7D RAW video?

1%

its the cheapest way to go

pest01

TL Build 02 March: some funky pink frames going on in liveview with some combinations. Having MLV enabled, in magic lanterns overlay i did a 3x crop and then pressed two times Q to go back to regular screen. Doing it twice in a row u get a pink funky screen  :P Getting out from 3x with menu button is normal. The second one but not so funky is being in 3x crop and pressing info button to scroll the other overlays. In the electronic level overlay there are some pink frames too

Same issue on Feb28 haven't noticed it until now.

N/A

Got a 7d and a lexar 1000x on the way, looks like I'm in for a fun time.

:D
7D. 600D. Rokinon 35 cine. Sigma 30 1.4
Audio and video recording/production, Random Photography
Want to help with the latest development but don't know how to compile?

jman

Just a quick question. Where in the ML menu can I check to see which build I have ? Thank You !!

Walter Schulz

1%

Quotesome funky pink frames going on in liveview with some combinations

Yup... esp after using display filter and making the LV single buffered. If you raise the CPU usage after that you get lots of aberrations in the YUV.

ALSO more importantly have to fix the histogram on HDMI monitors, its wrong, don't trust it yet. Unplug the monitor and see.

N/A

I'm a bit late to the party but I just got the 7D and a Lexar 1000x. Does the nightly build have all the same features as 1%'s latest tl.bot-fly.com build, and which is more stable/free of pink frames? Usually I'd take the time to read the most of the thread but I have a music video shoot in two days that I REALLY want to shoot in MLV with the 7D, so I'm kinda winging it here.

Frank7D

Quote from: N/A on March 05, 2014, 06:51:57 PM
I'm a bit late to the party but I just got the 7D and a Lexar 1000x. Does the nightly build have all the same features as 1%'s latest tl.bot-fly.com build, and which is more stable/free of pink frames? Usually I'd take the time to read the most of the thread but I have a music video shoot in two days that I REALLY want to shoot in MLV with the 7D, so I'm kinda winging it here.

On the previous page of this thread there is a rundown according to one tester (ted ramasola):
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=7503.2425

gcbotas

Frank7D

Using the TL 2/23 build
Crop mode 1795x1008
23.976fps

I shot three clips. The first and the third were flawless. The second was full of these (these are crops):

In the first one the tear goes through the whole frame.
In the second one it only affects the girl's head.

ted ramasola

Yup! I had exactly this problem in crop mode also a couple of days ago. Its weird it only affects the head and a part of the torso while the background is intact. It alternates between frames. Ok/split/ok/split/..etc.

Problem was I can't replicate it as to what triggered it.

5DmkII  / 7D
www.ramasolaproductions.com
Texas

N/A

Got TL up and running on my new 7d. Everything is looking pretty solid so far, I'm quite pleased. Going to see if we can shoot an entire 2k music video on it.

tonybeccar

Anyone can tell me which crop factor are we getting with the 2k crop mode?? (2.20:1)

Frank7D

Quote from: ted ramasola on March 06, 2014, 06:01:46 AM
Yup! I had exactly this problem in crop mode also a couple of days ago. Its weird it only affects the head and a part of the torso while the background is intact. It alternates between frames. Ok/split/ok/split/..etc.

Problem was I can't replicate it as to what triggered it.

Which build?

ted ramasola

5DmkII  / 7D
Texas

1%

Yea, we need to find out whats up with this tearing. Is it only happening in crop mode?

How many frames did it affect? Was it possible to patch by doubling the alternating good frames?

gideonplus

The latest builds work solid for me (Thanks),
but I found a BAD\HOT pixel showing ONLY in crop(x3) mode (using MLV).
I can see it in resolve (DNG by MLVViewSharp) or in MlRawViewer

1. Why only in crop mode ?
2. What is the current solution for the above in order to export to resolve 10

feureau

Quote from: gideonplus on March 07, 2014, 10:19:11 AM
but I found a BAD\HOT pixel showing ONLY in crop(x3) mode (using MLV).

Wait, there's a 3x crop mode?

arrinkiiii

3x or 5x   i think is the same. zoom button on camera.

ted ramasola

Quote from: feureau on March 07, 2014, 02:18:06 PM
Wait, there's a 3x crop mode?

3X (or 3.3x in some resolution settings) crop mode is accessible using 5X magnification.
5DmkII  / 7D
Texas

1%

Only in crop mode because it gets skipped in 1x.

Frank7D

Quote from: 1% on March 07, 2014, 02:32:48 AM
Yea, we need to find out whats up with this tearing. Is it only happening in crop mode?

How many frames did it affect? Was it possible to patch by doubling the alternating good frames?

Crop mode: I was only shooting in crop mode that day. I will try to do some testing.
How many frames:  Hard to do an exact count, but substantial, I suspect it is 50%, though not always visible (see symptoms listed below).
Patching: If you fixed it by substitution it would get very jerky, since there were so many.

One thing I notice is that the part of the frame that is torn is leading; in other words it is identical to that portion of the frame in the follwing frame. The tearing is only visible when there is motion, i.e. panning (as in the first sample above) or motion by the subject (girl's head in second sample above). This is why only the girl's head is affected and not the background; really the background is too, but you can't see it because the background is not moving.

So to sum up actual symptoms:
1: Frames alternate between good and bad.
2: Each bad frame contains part of the following (good) frame. These portions seem to consist of a horizontal strip (or strips; in one frame I saw two of them) running across the width of the frame. The strip can vary in height and location.