7D Raw Thread

Started by noisyboy, August 05, 2013, 11:52:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arrinkiiii

Quote from: vyskocil on February 07, 2014, 06:41:41 PM
The first thing I noticed when trying the latest ML instead of TL in my 7D is the lack of audio recording with mlv_rec, I think it'll be the next thing I'll look at.

nice to hear that  :D

g3gg0

merged and looks fine, thanks
Help us with datasheets - Help us with register dumps
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]
ONLY donate for things we have done, not for things you expect!

vyskocil

Quote from: g3gg0 on February 07, 2014, 09:05:02 PM
merged and looks fine, thanks

You're welcome, thanks for the merge.
I pushed another pull request with what I think is minimal changes to make audio recording works in mlv_snd with 7D (I left out 6D, EOS M because I can't test on this plateform).
The audiometers are only working when recording for now and not when idle, I must have missed something...

1%

You missed CONFIG_AUDIO_CONTROLS in internals.h

vyskocil

Quote from: 1% on February 07, 2014, 11:02:16 PM
You missed CONFIG_AUDIO_CONTROLS in internals.h

Thanks ! I updated the pull request.

robertson.scottb

I've installed ml on my t2i multiple times and had no problem. Every time I format my card, drop the ml files and go to firmware update it just locks up the cam and i have to take the battery out. Maybe it's cause im on a pc right now idk, im used to macs, but is there something wrong with my card? I've tried a few diff ones all are compact flash extreme. I've also tried erasing all camera functions a few times. Any suggestions?

Walter Schulz

Which files do you use, which installation description do you try to follow and which firmware version is running in your 7D?

robertson.scottb

"magiclantern.7D.203.Alpha2" and I followed the installation description on the first page. I have the 2.05 firmware on my 7d.

ted ramasola

how do you expect to load it when 7D 203 is for 2.0.3 firmware thats why its called 7D 203. Your 7D has 2.0.5 so downgrade it before it will work.

If you followed the instructions then you would have gone to the install thread here: http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=7464.msg63820#msg63820

Which CLEARLY said you must have firmware 2.0.3 on your camera.
5DmkII  / 7D
www.ramasolaproductions.com
Texas

robertson.scottb

OSCA LEE

been shooting all day with 2.13TL...no issues at all

1%

Yea only issue today is its freezing on enabling raw or mlv rec directly booting into movie mode. I think its memory related and also present on the nightly. I'm going to try 50D too to see if its the same story.

Mehdy20

How can I make time lapse with my 7D ?? I Installed ML Alpha 1 but i did find out how to make a time lapse !!

deC9r

Quote from: Mehdy20 on February 15, 2014, 12:47:08 PM
How can I make time lapse with my 7D ?? I Installed ML Alpha 1 but i did find out how to make a time lapse !!

use fps overwrite! Set it to 1-5 fps or so depending how long your timelapse should be...

ted ramasola

Quote from: Mehdy20 on February 15, 2014, 12:47:08 PM

for "traditional" timelapse, use the intervalometer under SHOOT in ML menu.
5DmkII  / 7D
Texas

1%

Time lapse + fps is a bit touchy still with the clean shutdown probs. Its not unexpected stop proof.

Wartburg-Entertainment

I could not believe my eyes when I could make Magic Lantern on my 7D yesterday.
And I've been looking forward so much more than I could select the resolution 2240 in the RAW module.
Will was here wish? If the resolution even in the MLV module?

greeting

Fringuello

With tragic lantern 2.2, crashes his car in groped to load module mlv_rec
Italy - canon 7D

Wartburg-Entertainment

Yes, it crashes when you start in Live View with new MagicLantern.
Make Live View from doing your setting and then back to live view.
I think how it works, but can not even try - all batteries are empty. :o

ted ramasola

I've split the topic on Vertical banding since it is evolving into a detailed discussion by itself.

7D Vertical Banding in Low Light Footage: http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=10545.0
5DmkII  / 7D
Texas

ted ramasola

Conducted tests on Feb 16 ML nightly build.

Whats missing and which settings produced more pink/corrupt frames.

Posted here: http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=10463.msg102344#msg102344
5DmkII  / 7D
Texas

flavediller

JUST shot this the other day with the 7d. Still haven't figured out how to get the audio working but thats ok I'll check around. LOVING the new Mosaic Engineering filter I picked up. Its a little hard to focus with sometimes, but the quality of the video is improved so much in my opinion. Near essential with RAW on the 7D.

LOVING the progress you are all making with the RAW utility on the 7D!

Feb 2014 in Goose Rocks Beach in Kennebunkport Maine at about 5:00 am or so. Shot entirely with Canon7d MLV with the Mosiac AA filter.

https://vimeo.com/davidcmiller/videos

ted ramasola

Did you use Tragic Lantern on this video or the official ML nightly?
5DmkII  / 7D
Texas

jayzed

Further to Ted's comment above, now that the latest Magic Lantern (as opposed to TL) has the MLV sound module included, what are the experiences? Is it ready for use yet (with the standard caveats about it being a work in progress)? I'll do some testing on the weekend but if anyone has any info I'd be grateful. I'm looking forward to coming back into the ML fold, MLV audio has been the thing keeping me out.

[EDIT] Couldn't resist, took some time off work to test. ML Feb 20 build seems to work quite well. I managed 9 seconds of cropmode 1080p with MLV sound on. That's the best I've had. I'll try it with sound off later, along with more extensive testing.

pest01

Hallo, testet the 2/19 build. When recording in crop mode it doesn't go out the blank and white preview and gets a lot of corrupted pink frames. Normal raw recording is fine.