Canon 650D / T4i

Started by nanomad, August 03, 2013, 07:27:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

venture

Quote from: a1ex on January 13, 2014, 12:08:28 AM
1) enable the GUI events option in Debug menu and see if the camera reacts to the SET button in playback mode. Write down the button codes.

2) no.

Thanks, Alex.

When I press the SET button alone, I get:

EV15: p= 52 *o= 0/ 0/ 0 a= 0
EV16: p= 4 *o= 0/ 0/ 0 a=0
EV17: p= 5 *o= 0/ 0/ 0 a=0

650D/T4i | EF-S 18-135 IS STM | EF 50 f/1.8 mk1 | 55-250

a1ex

So, button codes are OK. Next, somebody needs to check these stubs: PlayMain_handler and PlayMovieGuideApp_handler, and whether is_pure_play_photo_mode/is_pure_play_movie_mode are working fine.

mk11174

Quote from: a1ex on January 13, 2014, 08:27:31 AM
So, button codes are OK. Next, somebody needs to check these stubs: PlayMain_handler and PlayMovieGuideApp_handler, and whether is_pure_play_photo_mode/is_pure_play_movie_mode are working fine.
Stubs look fine. In the right place in the firmware.
500D/T1i  550D/T2i  600D/T3i  700D/T5i

mk11174

Sorry guys, the meters need to be killed till the camera can handle all the tasks correctly, Alex feels its just not stable enough yet and he has done this for many years so we need to trust him. So no more meters at all in the Nightly, but if you would like a version of it, I will be happy to post link for you guys for testing, I am running them on my 700D and all is good so far, but as Alex says, it does not mean it is stable yet. But we need to test it to be sure, we need to put them to work and see how the camera can deal with the extra tasks and the 650D and 700D are bother by a Task limit for some reason.

Felipe

Quote from: mk11174 on January 13, 2014, 06:05:05 PM
Sorry guys, the meters need to be killed till the camera can handle all the tasks correctly, Alex feels its just not stable enough yet and he has done this for many years so we need to trust him. So no more meters at all in the Nightly, but if you would like a version of it, I will be happy to post link for you guys for testing, I am running them on my 700D and all is good so far, but as Alex says, it does not mean it is stable yet. But we need to test it to be sure, we need to put them to work and see how the camera can deal with the extra tasks and the 650D and 700D are bother by a Task limit for some reason.

I read some comments at 700d  Subject, about focus stacking and Is not real with the 650D, Continuous Focus or any other task , I checked is working fine.
However beware because of my workflow I don't load modules, or record in raw , instead I increase the bit rate to 1.8 .
So the camera with meters while recording Nightly January 13, works perfect on all function I tryed, again I don't do raw, because my workflow has to be faster.
650D-700D

venture

Quote from: mk11174 on January 13, 2014, 05:12:38 PM
Stubs look fine. In the right place in the firmware.

Thanks, guys. Is there anything more as a user that I can do to help out (to isolate the problem)?

venture

Can someone tell me if Zebras are supposed to appear in Playback mode? I only see them when Liveview is enabled. GlobalDraw is set to ON.

Felipe

Quote from: venture on January 14, 2014, 03:56:59 AM
Can someone tell me if Zebras are supposed to appear in Playback mode? I only see them when Liveview is enabled. GlobalDraw is set to ON.
NO
650D-700D

a1ex

The current implementation requires a button for it (something that is not used normally in playback mode, and generates events).

It's possible to refactor the code so it will work without requiring a button, just triggered after taking a picture. If anyone feels brave, I recommend defining something like MLEV_TRIGGER_ZEBRAS_FOR_PLAYBACK in gui-common.h and using that event code in trigger_zebras_for_qr. Then, modify handle_livev_playback so it triggers the overlay from both event codes.

venture

Would it make sense to assign the Av+/- button to toggle Zebras? As far as I know, it doesn't have any other function in playback mode and does generate Press and Unpress codes.

a1ex

If the codes are different that 0x52 (GMT_GUICMD_PRESS_BUTTON_SOMETHING), which is sent by many buttons, I think it's fine.

sedwards

hi , i am trying to get dual iso to work and cant find it in the menu. i loaded modules but its still not there . is it no longer in the nightly builds or do i ineed a seperate module ?
thanks
Stuart

mk11174

Quote from: sedwards on January 23, 2014, 06:58:16 PM
hi , i am trying to get dual iso to work and cant find it in the menu. i loaded modules but its still not there . is it no longer in the nightly builds or do i ineed a seperate module ?
thanks
Stuart
Look on your card, look in ML folder then Modules folder, see if it's in there?

sedwards

not sure which nightly i had but it wasnt in there . just downloaded the latest one and all is good. thanks  :)

anewcomb

Hi there, I recently registered as a member but have been following the forums for sometime now. I am currently using the 650d/t4i with ML installed. I am absolutely blown away by the progress being made on the current build that I have on my 650d but I am curious to know how devs feel about the fate of the 650d? I'm really loving the idea of the RAW video feature but the Red/green dots are still hanging around...and of course I use the PDR tool but it's not really near 100%. So I guess I just wanted to get an honest opinion from some of you in regards to the "fate" of the 650d from a devs perspective. And by the way, I appreciate everyones hard work and commintment! No complaints here...just curiosity :)

nanomad

What do you mean? Development on the 650D is going on and AFAIK everything just works. The AF dots are probably here to stay unless we figure out another raw feed to piggyback .
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

anewcomb

It's  the AF dot problem that motivated me to ask. I'm under the impression that it is a very complex fix. I'm running a newer 2014 build on my 650d and the PDR tool does not seem to be working anymore on a resolution of 1472x626. So I'm just curious about the AF dot progress and people's feelings on it. I'm just wondering whether I should invest in a 50D. My decision will be based on whether I get a feeling of doubt about a fix for the 650d in responses to my question...that's where I'm at... unless somebody knows of a build version that works perfectly with the latest PDR Tool that I could get? One that works at 1472x626 with PDR?

papkee

PDR is broken for all intensive purposes. A1ex's modded raw2dng.exe for the 650D works alright for most cases - that thread is http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=6658, the same as the PDR thread. Look around the sixth page or so.

However, if you want to use dual iso, you're SOL. Neither of these methods can remove the dots while keeping the dual iso lines, which is disappointing as I've got a whole set of fire juggling clips to mess with, but no way to use them.
EOS 650D, a bunch of random lenses & adapters

a1ex

Quote from: papkee on January 25, 2014, 11:20:47 PM
Neither of these methods can remove the dots while keeping the dual iso lines, which is disappointing as I've got a whole set of fire juggling clips to mess with, but no way to use them.

Don't remember if I asked you for samples back then (and looking back in history didn't help either); can you upload a few DNG files converted with plain unmodified raw2dng?

anewcomb

Hi a1ex, I am a 650 owner and would like to help in any way that I can. Like I said a few posts back, I'm running a nighty build from 01-20-2014 and the .08 PDR tool removes 99% of the dots with 1280x720 but it fails badly at removing any dots at 1472x626. I don't write code but I can provide dng's for testing/calculating AF dot positions. Someone in those PDR threads spoke of an "earlier" build that worked perfectly with the latest .08 PDR tool at both 1280 "and" 1472. Sure wish I knew what build that was... I know it was earlier than what's provided in the nightly build download section...I believe it was a September 2013 build to be precise. Let me know if you need some samples. Thanks

Rewind

Use resolutions multiples of 16 for PDR to work. E.g. 1536 x 640 works fine.
By the way, if you are interested in fine color detail, PDR is the only way to go for now.
Check the PDR thread for more info about that.

nanomad

Next nightly will contain fixes to ML features in play mode
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

LordPanzer

I'm eagerly awaiting the audio trigger, and all this talk about audio meters has gotten my hopes up that the trigger function will follow naturally. I know better than to ask for an ETA, but is this something that's on the immediate roadmap at least?

mk11174

Quote from: LordPanzer on January 26, 2014, 10:46:07 PM
I'm eagerly awaiting the audio trigger, and all this talk about audio meters has gotten my hopes up that the trigger function will follow naturally. I know better than to ask for an ETA, but is this something that's on the immediate roadmap at least?
It does work on the test version with audio meters, but wont be in the nightly builds because audio meters push the camera tasks to its limits so it is considered unstable, but working great on 700D and should work fine on yours too with beep task disabled, but not sure since I dont have 650D, on 700D disabling beep task is just enough to keep the camera stable in photo and movie mode and audio trigger works fine in both when meters are enabled. I can only share the version with you but it wont be allowed in nightly till someone with better skills can figure out the task issues.

glassescreditsroll

I've been using the Same build you put on here when you first brought up the audio meters they're completely stable for me and the whole metering only while recording Is not a problem at all because you can just level in the canon menu and then meter while recording and adjust on your field recorder if needed